[1.6] Contract Pack: Kerbin Air Force [KAF]

NAD5

On 12/18/2018 at 3:23 AM, TheKurgan said:

Hmm... I am seeing the same thing now.

My drone plane is treating the planes as "Landed" and firing Air to ground missiles, like Hellfires at them.... 

Hmmm, that might also explain the problems I have been having with the enemy aircraft not engaging, ground units will fire fine, but I need to manually force aircraft to fire before the AI starts working it's magic. I might try some tests with some different spawn methods and see if I can get anything working on my end.

Also the planes falling out of the sky issue, was that happening primarily with the SU 27 and SU 25? The SU 27 seems to be too heavy now and the pilot will just push the nose up until it eventually crashes, whereas the SU 25T can't pull the nose up in time and crashes into the hills, I think I may be able to solve these by changing the spawn locations and making the SU 27 lighter.

The planes falling out of the sky, was because of complete lack of control when "Require Signal for Control" was selected in the game options.

Once I turned this off, they were fine... except for the fact that they were still considered "Landed" 

Well... they weren't FINE.... but they were managing to survive long enough to shoot them lol

On 12/20/2018 at 2:04 AM, TheKurgan said:

The planes falling out of the sky, was because of complete lack of control when "Require Signal for Control" was selected in the game options.

Once I turned this off, they were fine... except for the fact that they were still considered "Landed" 

Well... they weren't FINE.... but they were managing to survive long enough to shoot them lol

Sure enough every vessel is saying landed, despite them being obviously flying, as soon as I change to an enemy vessel and fire a missile the status changes to flying. So the status being as landed is certainly what is causing the enemies to not engage.
I was hoping by setting a missile to fire on launch the status would correctly register as flying, unfortunately that didn't work, also tried putting a landing gear on the decoupler 2km below the craft, that didn't work either. However the Mig 21 mission works fine because the craft are within the spawn distance when you launch a craft, though I don't really want to move all the craft close to KSC as that would ruin the fun, so I'll keep searching for a solution.

EDIT: If craft spawn on the water they seem to be set to flying and engage properly, I'll need to do some more testing but so far the MIG-21 and SU-27 work using this method!

Edited by NAD5

Searching through the code I noticed under VesselData, there is a public float height = 0.0f;

Try adding height = some number above the terrain level to each of the contracts with planes.

Just a thought. 

I'll try it myself later when I get home.

HAH! I see you're putting my revived HE-KV-1's to use.

Did you ever think of including a few parts in your mod?

I could give you a space radar :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl568jx2bvj8g2q/SpaceRadarKAF.cfg?dl=0

Description - Omnidirectional space radar with an 250km max range. Completely non functional when atmospheric pressure is above 6.75500 kPa

Good news, updated version is available on spacedock and all aircraft are working as intended, so no more player intervention to get the fights started. I also changed up some of the missions making them a bit easier/harder where necessary.

7 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

HAH! I see you're putting my revived HE-KV-1's to use.

Did you ever think of including a few parts in your mod?

I could give you a space radar :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl568jx2bvj8g2q/SpaceRadarKAF.cfg?dl=0

Description - Omnidirectional space radar with an 250km max range. Completely non functional when atmospheric pressure is above 6.75500 kPa

Thanks for the radar! I definitely will put it to good use with the space missions

On 11/13/2016 at 5:34 AM, NAD5 said:

Many thanks to TheKurgan for testing and fixing this mod

My pleasure! I really love this contract pack.... I have since you first released it.

I'm not done yet, in the next couple of days I'll look through and tweak some of the other missions and crafts, and send them to you for approval of course :)

Killing 2 birds with 1 stone below... thesting something in BDAc and something in KAF at the same time!!

https://youtu.be/kfqo6j31DL8

Edited by TheKurgan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.