icedown

[1.2.1] Probe Control Room [Discontinued]

Recommended Posts

Probe Control Room

pQC1UJI.png

 

This mod adds a mission control like room to all unmanned vessels.   The internal interface is functional and depends on Raster Prop Monitor. 

Features:

  • IVA for all vessels
  • Numerous MFDs to track all critical flight systems
  • Fully interactive
  • Compatible with both stock and blizzy's Toolbar mod

License: CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0

This mod is a continuation of work originally by @Tabakhase and models by @Albert VDS and others in the community

Release Thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/151963-121-probe-control-room/

Requirements:

 

  • Module Manager
  • Raster Prop Monitor

Recommendations:

  • ScanSat
  • Vessel Viewer
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • kOS

Note: This mod includes Mini-AVC for remote version checking

Downloads

GitHub-Logo.png

Working on getting it on SpaceDock

 

Current Release: 1.2.1.0 11/13/2016

  • Initial 1.2.1 Release

 

 

 

 

Edited by icedown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't mean to sound like a broken record but you are still using old files has you can see i'm at the other desk also screenshot1.png

and that was thanks to Nils277 for doing that for the mod and also think it would have been nice to thank JPLRepo also

Give this a try https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/ProbeControlRoom/ProbeControlRoom.zip

Thanks to @Tabakhase@Albert VDS Nils277 JPLRepo

License: CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0

If you goto KSP/GameData/ProbeControlRoom/Spaces/MissionControl     You will found a MissionControl_JSI_Patch fold MissionControl.cfg_Stock zip folder and MissionControl_ASET.cfg folder  pick one and have fun :)

Thanks to all that helped

Edited by Mecripp2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Don't mean to sound like a broken record but you are still using old files has you can see i'm at the other desk also 

I realize this and have the files already but 1.2 isn't playing well with the seat switching just yet. With the inefficiencies in the code the extra monitors would do nothing but eat up to many resources at the moment.  This is just to get it out there and see what bugs I've still got to deal with.  This mod needs a lot of fixing and cleaning before I get to adding features in. I already am working on incorporating ASET stuff but since there is not an official active download link that I am aware of, I'm also having to contact the mod author to get permission to repost them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, icedown said:

I realize this and have the files already but 1.2 isn't playing well with the seat switching just yet. With the inefficiencies in the code the extra monitors would do nothing but eat up to many resources at the moment.  This is just to get it out there and see what bugs I've still got to deal with.  This mod needs a lot of fixing and cleaning before I get to adding features in. I already am working on incorporating ASET stuff but since there is not an official active download link that I am aware of, I'm also having to contact the mod author to get permission to repost them.

 

Check here

and a older v 1.1.0 here https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zjobe3jl3ampuk/ASET_Props_1.1.zip

And if you want to use some ASET Avionics Pack here

EDIT- And the seat switching is working pretty much like it always has

EDIT2- And Nils277 also fixed the flag plates on the wall

Edited by Mecripp2
EDIT-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am aware of those but still need to get permission before linking to them and using them.  It may not be required but it is in good form to do so and the ASET stuff is still down the road a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really why are you stuck on ASET ? What about the stock JSI ? yes if they want ASET yes ask away and there is a stock screens that come with them but looks like they need alittle work but stock JSI working good has if you looked I have all 3 kinds in the download i posted but the MM could use alittle work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not stuck on ASET. I'm just not doing anything to the visuals of the mod until I get the code base cleaner and other features like the seat switching working correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, icedown said:

I'm not stuck on ASET. I'm just not doing anything to the visuals of the mod until I get the code base cleaner and other features like the seat switching working correctly.

I would say that is the correct path, a messy code can cause multiple issues that you would not be able to identify later down the road, take your time sir :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful, thanks for updating this mod! I look forward to playing with this again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2016 at 9:11 AM, Jiraiyah said:

I would say that is the correct path, a messy code can cause multiple issues that you would not be able to identify later down the road, take your time sir :wink:

LOL then why wouldn't you use the screens that come with the mod in the first place ?  And as i post all 3 screens types and first i thank it's very rude of him not to credit JPLRepo

for pointing out the problem so we all get to use this mod again give credit where it's do and has i posted in one of this threads he is using a older files for the mod so if you was going to fix it would you use the newer files ? :rolleyes:

Edited by Mecripp2
EDIT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

LOL then why wouldn't you use the screens that come with the mod in the first place ?  And as i post all 3 screens types and first i thank it's very rude of him not to credit JPLRepo

for pointing out the problem so we all get to use this mod again give credit where it's do and has i posted in one of this threads he is using a older files for the mod so if you was going to fix it would you use the newer files ? :rolleyes:

Why not start your own fork and do it your way then, this is open source software.  If you would like to take it over, I will hand it over.  Otherwise, I will respond to no other posts to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, icedown said:

Why not start your own fork and do it your way then, this is open source software.  If you would like to take it over, I will hand it over.  Otherwise, I will respond to no other posts to you.

That's fine i will keep my work to my self and friends feel free to not respond to my post but still give credit where it's do

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, icedown said:

Why not start your own fork and do it your way then, this is open source software.  If you would like to take it over, I will hand it over.  Otherwise, I will respond to no other posts to you.

Umm, why did you got irritated? he was just stating a proper fact about crediting JPLRepo. also, if there is a fix for something we do, it would be nice to take it with smile on face instead of getting angry. I love your work and will use it for sure when i get comfortable with IVA stuff. but still, i can't understand why did you got angry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had planned on making the change in the next update to the main post but since you all decide to continue, I have decided to drop my maintenance of this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, icedown said:

I had planned on making the change in the next update to the main post but since you all decide to continue, I have decided to drop my maintenance of this mod.

 

so you basically mean that everyone should close their mouth and don't ask anything or mention anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.