Delta IV heavy replicas

I advise using a cluster of Mainsails instead of Rhinos as Rhinos are not nearly as efficient at Sea-Level, as I did in my replica. The core tanks are 3.75 but clustered out of 2.5m tanks for their Orange color, as it looks a million times better than the white SLS tanks.

CksXgUaWUAAjMix.jpg:large

2 hours ago, MysteriousSteve said:

I advise using a cluster of Mainsails instead of Rhinos as Rhinos are not nearly as efficient at Sea-Level, as I did in my replica. The core tanks are 3.75 but clustered out of 2.5m tanks for their Orange color, as it looks a million times better than the white SLS tanks.

I made one very similar to yours, except that I used 6 KS-25 engines on each booster:

miks5nv.png

I also forgot to add a second stage :sticktongue: but I never bothered to fix it. 

13 hours ago, MysteriousSteve said:

I like the white tanks they just look more... What's the word I am looking for?... Oh, NASA!

Just now, eagle92lightning said:

are those bottom stage engines rhinos?

Nope they're vectors. Rhinos have low thrust as they are meant for the vacuum. I basically clipped a bunch of vectors together to make it look like one big vector. I also lowered the gimbal since it is a symmetrical rocket and too much gimbal makes it very hard to control. But even that many vectors wouldn't support the whole rocket so I took out half of its fuel.

Fire

45 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Nope they're vectors. Rhinos have low thrust as they are meant for the vacuum. I basically clipped a bunch of vectors together to make it look like one big vector. I also lowered the gimbal since it is a symmetrical rocket and too much gimbal makes it very hard to control. But even that many vectors wouldn't support the whole rocket so I took out half of its fuel.

Fire

holy crape I think the best way to go for my heavy lift missions might be my SLS.

52 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

I think this might be a bit hard to build. LOL

Naw. Just place the vectors in symmetry on your engine mount. If you want use the offset gizmo to move them around. Delta IV is actually quite easy to build.

Fire

4 hours ago, Firemetal said:

Well @Munbro Kerman helped me with mine so a lot of credit and inspiration from him however... I seem to be the only one with an accurate second stage?

ZCrZ87S.jpg

duFGLXz.png

Fire

Edit: Mine seems a bit shorter than Munbro's or Steve's so I might fix that later. :P 

Mine had an accurate Upper stage, but sadly I have since lost the craft file to that, and only have the single screenshot

15 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

oh. I actually had an idea for like a rocket whoose bottom stage has like 22 vectors.

You do know that the ITS is supposed to have 42 raptors don't you? 22 vectors wouldn't be a bad idea.

Fire

Edit: @MysteriousSteve Well then. I challenge you to build a new Delta IV and we'll compare the two second stages. A friendly competition. Alright? (Not excepting is also an option. :P )

Edited by Firemetal

55 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

You do know that the ITS is supposed to have 42 raptors don't you? 22 vectors wouldn't be a bad idea.

Fire

Edit: @MysteriousSteve Well then. I challenge you to build a new Delta IV and we'll compare the two second stages. A friendly competition. Alright? (Not excepting is also an option. :P )

that's what I thought with vectors hey not a bad idea. And the its will never even make it to space the idea colonizing mars is a bad idea. We need to colonize other systems. UY Scuti and VY Canis Majoris are good ideas.

that's what I thought with vectors hey not a bad idea. And the its will never even make it to space the idea colonizing mars is a bad idea. We need to colonize other systems. UY Scuti and VY Canis Majoris are good ideas.

That is if we find a way to get out of our solar system and get into theirs with out taking lightyears.

Fire

wait what if I put a bunch of vectors around a rhino because the rhino produces the right color flame in atmosphere.

Actually the Vector's plume looks more like the Delta IV's plume. You could try it but for me, it seems simpler just to use Vectors.

Fire

Just now, Firemetal said:

Actually the Vector's plume looks more like the Delta IV's plume. You could try it but for me, it seems simpler just to use Vectors.

Fire

yeah it does but in atmosphere the vector is blue and the delta IV's plume is orange sorry I like to look just right. You would see me building a space plane it is funny.

yeah it does but in atmosphere the vector is blue and the delta IV's plume is orange sorry I like to look just right. You would see me building a space plane it is funny.

I don't know. It is your choice not mine.

Fire

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.