[INDEV]-[1.4.3] - To Boldly Go | An external application designed to procedurally generate an entire galaxy for KSP.

daniel l.

4 hours ago, Tykylo said:

Question. Which folder in the KSP directory does To Boldly Go go in?

... Gamedata.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The video is out. now I had to put it on dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy952d95vdxflst/To Boldly Go Discussion Video.mpeg?dl=0

Edited by daniel l.

2 hours ago, daniel l. said:

So... @KillAshley Can you help me with PQSmods? I am working on Procedural Planets. And need someone with expertise to help me make templates.

what do you need to know? PM me if you want

also another good resource to tap into is @The White Guardian. He is pretty dang good at the whole pqs thing

Edited by Galileo

13 hours ago, Galileo said:

what do you need to know? PM me if you want

also another good resource to tap into is @The White Guardian. He is pretty dang good at the whole pqs thing

I've actually already agreed to work on this, I've got a lot of other things to finish as well however, which is why I haven't gotten to work yet.

Edited by The White Guardian

I seem to have a problem, my add 1 planet to every star, and they are all gilly. please help!

EDIT: all my stars seem to be 2 of the same kind as well

Edit: not actually all my stars, just a lot of them get planets wich are all duna

Edited by MartinFrostia

8 hours ago, MartinFrostia said:

I seem to have a problem, my add 1 planet to every star, and they are all gilly. please help!

EDIT: all my stars seem to be 2 of the same kind as well

Edit: not actually all my stars, just a lot of them get planets wich are all duna

Send me the seed. Remember, If the object's name is for example: "Sattrax IV" then it's a planet. If it's "Sattrax 1" then it's an asteroid.

To answer the second question. Remember the galaxy has age settings. So an older galaxy will be darker and dimmer with fewer star types. As for the prevalence of Duna, It's probably just a rare occurrence within your specific galaxy. Try regenerating the galaxy and see what it gives you. TBG is like a wheel of fortune, Sometimes you win big with an awesome galaxy, Other times you get a dull dark dying galaxy full of white dwarves.

Edited by daniel l.

1 hour ago, Galacticvoyager said:

RELEASE THE UPDATE PLEAZE!

It's not ready yet. I've managed to get them generated in single star systems only, It will be much more work before the basic procedural planet's become available. But it is coming soon. Very soon.

Also, You might not know this but today is my 17th birthday so...yay? :huh:

4 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

It's not ready yet. I've managed to get them generated in single star systems only, It will be much more work before the basic procedural planet's become available. But it is coming soon. Very soon.

Also, You might not know this but today is my 17th birthday so...yay? :huh:

Happpppyyyy Birthda-

Ahhhh screw it DO IT THE KRAKENS WAY!

*Everything glitches o7T83787*878747V8N9(*"%)("(*)^*&(&"*(^(&T987(*&(h*£&$n()*&mnv*)&()*&"*($b&^*

5 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

*Everything glitches o7T83787*878747V8N9(*"%)("(*)^*&(&"*(^(&T987(*&(h*£&$n()*&mnv*)&()*&"*($b&^*

Wow. I could have sworn i saw that in the sky yesterday. Beware SpaceX! Let the floppiness ensue!

18 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Can you show the surfaces of these new procedural planets?

I can give a few screenshots soon. But be advised. They are rather dull, Though they are all unique, There is not really much to see (yet)

3 hours ago, Sweetie bot said:

Does the star Include CRP Resources? I need some fuel and workmass for my KSPI-E Fusion reactor ship :D

CRP? I plan to add resource management to the mod, but it's a not a highly important feature right now. But it's possible you might still get resources from them though.

Hi there, just downloaded and installed this mod today, and I have to say what you have managed to achieve is extremely impressive to say the least.  I'd like to log my experiences here and hopefully what I've found will be useful to your development:

The first thing I have found is having to do with galaxy generation.  I have a screenshot here to help me explain this one.

ff8a95441244c0fb666b09b2bc9c88b3.jpg

The best that I can gather here is that, if you select no for when it asks you if you are satisfied with what you got, then the galaxies stack.  I believe that there was my 5th or 6th attempt to get a moderately sized galaxy.  The first attempt was about right, but it had asteroids which I didn't want in my first galaxy.  From then on, I selected no for asteroids, yet every time it came back to me with asteroids.  The number of stars was also rapidly increasing despite me wanting to keep my galaxy relatively small.  At this point, I figured out that the galaxy generator was adding in all of the planets, stars and asteroids from my previous failed attempts.  This was solved by deleting the galaxy info folders and redoing it, so I was able to generate the type of galaxy that I wanted.

The second problem I'm having is that my KSC seems to have vanished on me.  Also, the building tabs for the SPH and VAB do not work as well.  Despite the KSC not appearing when I load in (All I see is the expanse of my newly generated galaxy and the building tabs), the worlds are all still there.  I was able to spawn in one of my existing landed planes, and with the power of hyperedit, I was able to go explore my planet in the new galaxy (and ashamedly enough, crash into it).

That is one pleasant surprise.  The mod appears to be completely hyperedit compatible, as my hyperedit is unmodified but it still detected and displayed all of the 37 new planets as well as their moons for me to go to, and upon trying it I spawned there safely.  Should make things handy for getting from star system to star system in a hurry.

Overall, this mod is pretty epic and I love the potential it has.  I'll be sure to keep tabs on this one.  If you have any ideas for why my KSC has disappeared I'd love to try and get that fixed.

Thanks,

Right Arm

Edited by The_Right_Arm

8 minutes ago, The_Right_Arm said:

If you have any ideas for why my KSC has disappeared I'd love to try and get that fixed.

I do. It may be fixed in the next update, Though you may still not like what you see... (The kraken hath grabbed thy KSC and shaketh it all over.)

However the buttons should do reasonably well soon. I'm sorry about the little glitch that adds on more stars every retry though, I will have to fix that :)

I was going to like your post but I've already passed 25 likes and cant give any more today.