[INDEV]-[1.4.3] - To Boldly Go | An external application designed to procedurally generate an entire galaxy for KSP.

daniel l.

5 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

To answer A: Open air planet's already exist in the form of the Laythe clones, But there will be more kinds coming soon. to answer 2: If you use the extraplanetary launchpads mod then it is perfectly possible.

And thanks for the compliment on my new feathers :P

Well, a, Laythe has a poisonous atmosphere. :wink: Kinda puts a damper on the whole inhabitable thing :) 

But what I was referring to was having the actual KSC buildings able to be built on another planet, which isn't accomplished by Extraplanetary Launchpads to my knowledge. Am I wrong? If so, I seriously need to get that mod. But @JadeOfMaar mentioned something about a planet having some of Kerbins configs, enough to allow for a KSC and more importantly, Easter eggs and monuments.

But the main point was the contracts. It would give players an excellent motivator to explore if they had a contract to find a habitable planet with say a telescope that took a few days to find some candidates for habitable planets, which they could then go explore to see if they were habitable for another part of the contract, then lastly to build a big base there. 

Very glad that you are so much more active and interacting with us than your average modmaker. Thanks :)

Just now, Mycroft said:

But what I was referring to was having the actual KSC buildings able to be built on another planet, which isn't accomplished by Extraplanetary Launchpads to my knowledge. Am I wrong? If so, I seriously need to get that mod. But @JadeOfMaar mentioned something about a planet having some of Kerbins configs, enough to allow for a KSC and more importantly, Easter eggs and monuments.

But the main point was the contracts. It would give players an excellent motivator to explore if they had a contract to find a habitable planet with say a telescope that took a few days to find some candidates for habitable planets, which they could then go explore to see if they were habitable for another part of the contract, then lastly to build a big base there. 

Well. Even if you can put a KSC on a planet, It would be unusable, Only the Homeworld KSC works. :)

The contracts are an excellent idea.

Just now, daniel l. said:

Well. Even if you can put a KSC on a planet, It would be unusable, Only the Homeworld KSC works. :)

Unusable? Hmmm. You were looking to add a back story, how bout a wrecked KSC with a few monuments? And other neat Easter eggs?

That could be really cool!

Statue of HarvestR, anyone?

I know an excellent model you could use :)

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Unusable? Hmmm. You were looking to add a back story, how bout a wrecked KSC with a few monuments? And other neat Easter eggs?

That could be really cool!

I agree. I dunno how to do it but definitely worth trying. What if the crashed UFO on kerbin is actually the original kerbal colony ship that colonized kerbin eons before?

Just now, daniel l. said:

I agree. I dunno how to do it but definitely worth trying. What if the crashed UFO on kerbin is actually the original kerbal colony ship that colonized kerbin eons before?

Hmm maybe! And you could add a few more on the other habitable planets. Oooh! You could have one next to a wrecked KSC! Different scales and textures might be nice.

And @JadeOfMaar has at least an idea of how to do it.

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Hmm maybe! And you could add a few more on the other habitable planets. Oooh! You could have one next to a wrecked KSC! Different scales and textures might be nice.

Sure! if i ever master that mod that puts things places. What is it called anyway? I cant remember.

Edited by daniel l.

We could have it so that Jeb in a previous incarnation was the reason the Kerbals kept moving, being so trigger happy that he destroyed all their buildings :D 

Funny thought but probably not feasible.

2 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

Sure! if i ever master that mod that puts things places. What is it called anyway? I cant remember.

I do not know. Sorry. I would ask Jade or Galileo.

Just now, Mycroft said:

We could have it so that Jeb in a previous incarnation was the reason the Kerbals kept moving, being so trigger happy that he destroyed all their buildings :D 

Funny thought but probably not feasible.

My thought was that Kerbalkind began on another world and migrated in a colony ship.

Spamming my name, guys. :U

8 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Each anomaly is a PQSCity just like KSC. PQSCities are a subset of PQSMods and are removed along with every other template mod when removeAllPQSMods is used in a planet. If you know how to move KSC you can move any anomaly. Don't ask me how. I don't know that much as yet.

I invented some lore for a planet I wanted to create. That exact idea is part of my lore.

Also @Mycroft it should be quite possible to create alternate headquarters either through Kerbal Konstructs (lets you have huge KSC-style bases) or through Extraplanetary Launchpads (deal with part count and small bases) and have contracts target these headquarters more frequently. For science returns or to make them into practical KerbNet hubs they'll need to be fitted with, or have a vessel near them equipped with a super-OP hacked stock relay antenna.

38 minutes ago, hello12398643 said:

Can you please add distant object enchantment support? And a central black hole? And maybe make the game crash after entering the black hole?

Why do we need black hole if we only have little part of the galaxy?

@daniel l. Why planets are being generated not on one plane? It's is now systems form in real life

On 13/11/2016 at 3:28 PM, daniel l. said:

vC4Dhhd.png

oTKlCPo.png

I just wrote a procedural galaxy generation app for Kopernicus. I am currently in the stage of expanding it to accommodate all the different major kinds of stars and a few minor ones.

The program is functional and is currently being expanded.

Full Imgur album here!

I now have @User.txt as my Co-Dev, He is working on a plugin to go with TBG that will add new currently unrevealed functionality.

Maximum recommended galaxy size: 100 stars. (KSP 64-Bit)

THIS ALGORITHM SUPPORTS (OR WILL SUPPORT)

-Scatterer - By @blackrack (For use of the unique sunflares that scale properly!)

DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK

Special credit to @Red Iron Crown for fixing the width issue that has befuddled me for weeks :D

Planned features:

More varieties of Stars,

Planetary rings,

The ability to choose galaxy shape (Disk vs Ellipse),

Stellar debris disk's

Asteroids,

Rogue planet's

Unique planetary terrain (Via MapDecals),

Sciencedefs,

Researchbodies support,

Scatterer Support,

And many many more!

ok yeah, i want this right now, right now, just gotta finish my current planet pack, then this ones in, so cool

18 hours ago, daniel l. said:

... please don't bring that up. I have ADD.

So... Any questions as to future features that you wish to see? (Detailed planets don't count. I'm doing those already.)

Maybe more detail to the stars and more star types (Like F-Types or K-Types).

Edited by electricpants

8 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Sooooo... Comets added yet?

They are in the upcoming 0.2 release :) It should be out in 2 days.

2 hours ago, electricpants said:

Maybe more detail to the stars and more star types (Like F-Types or K-Types).

Coming right up!

7 hours ago, Linker said:

@daniel l. Why planets are being generated not on one plane? It's is now systems form in real life

It's not a little part :wink: the skybox is deceptive, It is actually an entire galaxy, It is about one LY wide (Which translates to 10 kerbal lightyears.) Also, I have been trying to get systems to form on one plane.

I love this mod so much it's literally my dream mod. I do wanna ask will you be doing the following?

Binary or trinary star systems? Yes, No, Maybe

Black holes? Yes, No, Maybe

6 minutes ago, Teto said:

I love this mod so much it's literally my dream mod. I do wanna ask will you be doing the following?

Binary or trinary star systems? Yes, No, Maybe

Black holes? Yes, No, Maybe

Binary/Trinary? Maybe,

Black Holes. Yes.

Also... you were talking about backstory stuff, maybe you could throw in an explanation as to why kerbals inhabit only a couple of buildings on the surface of a planet in a system that is very small and dense.

(Also, run on sentence FTW!)

12 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Binary/Trinary? Maybe,

Black Holes. Yes.

I really want your amazing mod to be realistic and stuff, so feel free to ask me in PM about how galaxies form and how anything behave within it.

P.S. Studying space is part of my specialization in the university, i'm not just the kid with a lot of ideas.

Edited by Linker

On 12/20/2016 at 9:25 AM, Linker said:

Planets within systems are generally within 20 degrees or so irl,  yeah, but there are many systems that do not follow that.

21 hours ago, daniel l. said:

They are in the upcoming 0.2 release :) It should be out in 2 days.

Coming right up!

It's not a little part :wink: the skybox is deceptive, It is actually an entire galaxy, It is about one LY wide (Which translates to 10 kerbal lightyears.) Also, I have been trying to get systems to form on one plane.

Don't make the systems form on one plane, please. That would be boring and not realistic at all. I'm pretty sure he was referring to planets within star systems, which I know you are already working on. :) But black holes will be super awesome. Are we going to do relativity? Like Interstellar?