[INDEV]-[1.4.3] - To Boldly Go | An external application designed to procedurally generate an entire galaxy for KSP.

daniel l.

22 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Planets within systems are generally within 20 degrees or so irl,  yeah, but there are many systems that do not follow that.

20 dergees is still one plane in scale of space. Space bodies interact with eachother and that causes inclinations. If there is bodies with inclination, that greatly differs from others that means it was thrown to that orbit by some other massive body or it simply wasn't formed in that system and was just caugh by the sun

2 hours ago, Linker said:

20 dergees is still one plane in scale of space. Space bodies interact with eachother and that causes inclinations. If there is bodies with inclination, that greatly differs from others that means it was thrown to that orbit by some other massive body or it simply wasn't formed in that system and was just caugh by the sun

Ooh that would be awesome if the occasional system had a planet that had been caught by the star, you know, way out of the planetary plane and with a way eliptical orbit!

Fantastic mod! I'm looking very forward to the upcoming version. :)

I have a question. Do you plan to change the star sprites? I've always thought the current appearance of stars is kinda ugly and inaccurate. I'd love them to make an entire night sky of tiny, colored dots when viewed from a surface and space.

28 minutes ago, Thomas988 said:

Fantastic mod! I'm looking very forward to the upcoming version. :)

I have a question. Do you plan to change the star sprites? I've always thought the current appearance of stars is kinda ugly and inaccurate. I'd love them to make an entire night sky of tiny, colored dots when viewed from a surface and space.

Thanks Thomas :)

I do hope to change the star sprites. I will do it immediately if it ever becomes something i can do with Kopernicus or Kittopia. I will eventually attempt to use scatterer but it might be laggy.

Nice mod! It looks super AWESOME!

I'm expecting to see great things come out of this in future versions. (too bad most planets are copies of Moho, Laythe and Duna.)

I'm really looking foward for more stuff to come out of this mod, were there is an actual GALAXY!!

I hope your mod rises into the galaxy!

2 minutes ago, Nailed it! said:

Nice mod! It looks super AWESOME!

I'm expecting to see great things come out of this in future versions. (too bad most planets are copies of Moho, Laythe and Duna.)

I'm really looking foward for more stuff to come out of this mod, were there is an actual GALAXY!!

I hope your mod rises into the galaxy!

Don't worry about the planets. Soon enough they may become unique. But not in the upcoming release anyway.

Also... I've started work on ResearchBodies compatibility. (This could get messy.)

A few things coming up... 0.3 will be a major GUI update to the executable. And add new features such as rare planets and anomalies. 0.4 theoretically might introduce wormholes. BTW 0.2 is in the final stages. It will be released soon.