[INDEV]-[1.4.3] - To Boldly Go | An external application designed to procedurally generate an entire galaxy for KSP.

daniel l.

5 hours ago, seanth said:
  • 0.3.5: True procedural planets?  @daniel l.has some existing code for this, and I think it would be great to get it into the main code.

Just ask when you're ready. :)

I've got the code waiting.

Edited by daniel l.

7 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

This. Seems. Out of this world :P.

It is indeed rather wondrous. :wink:

@seanth has largely taken over development now, so if you have any questions, he's the one to ask. :) ... Though I'm not entirely unaware of my own code! :P 

12 hours ago, AR3S_TGL said:

So, are we actually suggesting 200+ stars?!

You can have that much and more, though you may have to disable planets and asteroids to go further.

15 hours ago, Platipucat said:

is this mod compatible with other Kopernicus plant packs?

TBG is one of those mods that does NOT go well with other packs, @seanth has been doing some work to remedy the situation, but it's gonna be a while.

3 hours ago, seanth said:

Oh yeah. Stars, planets, moons, and astroids

Might try it out, as KSP modding is quite busy indev for 1.3

Edited by AR3S_TGL

Hi I haveing brightness issues with the galactic core and surrounding stars being way to bright. Like washing out Kerbal systems star bright. Is there a setting in the galaxy.cfg or elsewhere to turn it down a bit? Thanks =)

2 hours ago, redshift690 said:

Hi I haveing brightness issues with the galactic core and surrounding stars being way to bright. Like washing out Kerbal systems star bright. Is there a setting in the galaxy.cfg or elsewhere to turn it down a bit? Thanks =)

Nope. Sorry, damn KSP wont allow it. Sunflares have infinite range unfortunately, and there is no way to make it fade away.

17 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Nope. Sorry, damn KSP wont allow it. Sunflares have infinite range unfortunately, and there is no way to make it fade away.

https://github.com/Kopernicus/kittopia-dumps/blob/master/Configs/Sun.cfg#L153-L158

There is a way, you just need to write a brightness curve. :) (Yes, I agree that the stock curve isn't built for large distances)

17 hours ago, daniel l. said:

I use a brightness curve to do it in GPP. Works like a charm.

• 3 weeks later...