[INDEV]-[1.4.3] - To Boldly Go | An external application designed to procedurally generate an entire galaxy for KSP.

daniel l.

Also temporarily removed is the Rogue Planet function. They have proven themselves simply to buggy to meet the deadline. I will continue to work on them and should have them released in 0.2.1

0.2 is being uploaded now.

Please provide feedback on this release. It has been kind of rushed to make the Christmas deadline. So i expect a few complaints. If there aren't any then i will be quite happy.

3 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Please note that in the initial 0.2 i will leave out the "Cluster" galaxy mode. As it is currently underdeveloped and still in need of significant work.

Is there any distance limitations KSP leaves you with?

2 minutes ago, Linker said:

Is there any distance limitations KSP leaves you with?

I cant build any further than about 1LY it seems. Which translates to 10 kerbal light years. Which isnt too bad actually. If i were to compact the galaxies a little denser (As the cluster mode does.) Then i would be able to make a complex multi galaxy universe. Perhaps requiring wormholes to travel from one galaxy to another.

Edited by daniel l.

10 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

I cant build any further than about 1LY it seems.

Spoiler

My word. Have you perhaps reached the... 64-bit limit???

X4tvSYE.jpg

Grab your light sabers wookies and Alcubierre Drives, gentlemen. I hereby declare the Kessel Run Hype Train! :cool:

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, daniel l. said:

I cant build any further than about 1LY it seems. Which translates to 10 kerbal light years. Which isnt too bad actually. If i were to compact the galaxies a little denser (As the cluster mode does.) Then i would be able to make a complex multi galaxy universe. Perhaps requiring wormholes to travel from one galaxy to another.

I think you should ask Squad about it. Only squad knows what's in their game

8 hours ago, MerseesreM said:

Thanks for the help back then Daniel l. But, i forgot to ask another question .What planet packs are compatible with this mod (if at all)?

I would say that any planet pack can work as long as you change the referencebody of the mod planet to one of the TBG stars.

16 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Maybe the central black holes could be those wormholes!

Just now, electricpants said:

Maybe the central black holes could be those wormholes!

Perhaps :) I was also thinking that the wormholes would destroy any ship that didn't have a special part called a "Wormhole Key" which would somehow allow passage at the cost of an extremely high amount of electric charge.

3 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

We know.

Actually, wormholes can only be created, they don't appear randomly and don't live long(create them for huge amount of science and cash may be?)

Edited by Linker

26 minutes ago, Linker said:

Actually, wormholes can only be created, they don't appear randomly and don't live long(create them for huge amount of science and cash may be?)

Maybe... I dunno. TBG is not a realism oriented mod. My main intentions are to produce a gameplay oriented universe. Too much realism is boring. For example, Engine trails in a vacuum? Those don't really exist. KSP just puts them there for fun.

2 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

Maybe... I dunno. TBG is not a realism oriented mod. My main intentions are to produce a gameplay oriented universe. Too much realism is boring. For example, Engine trails in a vacuum? Those don't really exist. KSP just puts them there for fun.

But there is no tail, ksp makes tails only in atmospheric flights

53fb2d1da1d2637141476f445b474a59.png

1 hour ago, Linker said:

He can make black holes wormholes if he wants to!

I mean, how did 'they' make the tesseract inside Gargantua (a BLACK HOLE) in Interstellar?