Stational Cunstructs

Jiraiyah

Current Mod Version : 1.6.1.0

There were many mods or parts that were modeled in years, models or mods that were left alone and never got updated after their original publishing, thankfully, their licensing were open and let others take their job and continue their awesome works but, no one ever took it upon themselves to do it. Here are few of those mods :

Concave Construction Kit

Wayland Station Rings

ZZZ Models (some of the parts are being used in other packs but not those that are included in this mod)

I'm honored @Kottabos thanks for the review.

Now, Concave construction kit give you some parts that look concave, they are awesome if you want to add parts to your vessel in ways that are not normal but very useful.

Stational Rings, give you three different rings to be used on your space stations. Two of them are solid but one is profile rig and it gives over 80 attach nodes in every direction (top, bottom, out, in,...)

Finally, from ZZZ's awesome work i took three radially mountable models, and,... made two variants of each, one being a radially attachable tank, the other? RAPIER engines !!!!

For installation, simply put the content of the pack into your game data folder. If you don't add B9Animation, the animation of the fins on rapier engines won't work but the engine will be ok, without B9PartSwitch, you may hate the profile ring but with that plugin, you will sure have fun time putting your ring together as a puzzle :wink:

All the parts have tweak scale module added to them so have fun with it :D

Because of License conflict between B9 and wayland I decided to take B9 plugins out of the pack and you need to download them manually (link at the end of the post) and because of the wayland models, the license for this pack is Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Have fun with screen shots :P

12c5bc2d57374888a74ecd2f2028550b.png434c078cd47a49d492fe69ee9e3acf2c.png454a2ec5ecc047e98b84f75a0e2baabf.png71bc9046037243f2b1673ed78355cdf0.png7edd687e99b340408ecd0e9e41f3d0ca.pngbb5ac1ee57e049d1ae5719529060d464.png1ed5a74565cc4471afb6daea88cf7d94.png4aef02f963374ea59a6011635971c5b4.png7506b83db5774fe8b6d693fc9f91e40a.pngd01af62a4dbb4f8f994fa5885267b15e.png1017687dc9a740f196d54ab63baecd37.pnge59a1997b6d54292993759e051094482.png13ed7a4383b84aaca483c4bffe087962.png5f8748ad084f41f4a598db2a207fbae0.pngf928212553ea4dfca86b7e33e8da81e5.png28d02305c1254529a989302faa13d04c.png7e34587319734897a66a22e40f4dd9a4.png9855cb267d744413b9ba162afccc76ea.png592668c805474bbdaa47848aef965a7b.png8c6c9c7cab994a1e81de75e0530f020c.pngf53159336ce84386b4eaba943ecc8287.pngc2435b2091d346428fb53c066407a994.png

DOWNLOADS :

B9AnimationModules

B9PartSwitch

Finally, DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK

Edited by Jiraiyah

@Kottabos would you mind making a review for my mod? no one can do it better than you sir :D i hope you like the mod, just don't tell it's not "so stock looking like" :P and the only animations are the windows of station that come from right menu, what do you expect my dear youtube master? i am not the best mod developer out there you know :D

o o, damn, totally new to license stuff, hmm, what do you think guys? should i just add the parts to the mod and put the links for different dependencies?

5 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Pretty sure you can't change the license of a mod that's not your work with Concave and zzz you more then likely ok there public domain but Wayland is https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en_US

and not sure on B9 plugin

You have no idea, that profile ring took me the most time out of every model you see there, the mesh was dirty, the ring was made by the section profile being rotated and copied with a crazy rotation number, the config for all those nodes and their toggling with B9 blah blah, but I am happy with the result and I hope you enjoy it, only thing that i couldn't figure out was how to automatically rotate the wall sections to match the rotation on the attach nodes, so when you want to put them on none 90 degree based nodes, you need to slightly rotate the parts for top and bottom sections manually each time

Edit : umm ZZZ and Concave are both public domain, wayland is creative common, B9 stuff are GNU, tweak scale basically has WTFPL! and i don't know module manager one but i see it in every pack so it should be possible to put it in packs with different licenses, so? should i put each mod's models in different zip file and distribute them in different licenses? honestly i don't like the idea, isn't there a solution for this to keep all of them in one zip file?

Edited by Jiraiyah

9 minutes ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

I didn't mean to put them all in individual files, but separate the one that requires B9, or just put a link to the B9 file needed.  that way you don't have to worry about licenses conflicting.

hmm I think I will put the link for B9, after all, everything would work without B9 but B9 plugins would make the life tons easier using these models for you :D

9 minutes ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

I didn't mean to put them all in individual files, but separate the one that requires B9, or just put a link to the B9 file needed.  that way you don't have to worry about licenses conflicting.

so what should i use as license now? Creative Commons?

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 6 months later...

Any chance the ring models and modules are floating around some0one on a usable license? (Yes, I know I'm necro-ing a thread that is a reborn part from another necro thread).

Edited by Murdabenne

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2017 at 2:51 AM, Murdabenne said:

Any chance the ring models and modules are floating around some0one on a usable license? (Yes, I know I'm necro-ing a thread that is a reborn part from another necro thread).

well, good news, me and linuxguru will work together on my two mods from now on, most likely, i will do modeling, texturing and base configs, and he will overview the configs and rebalance stuff (it is my weak point), so, if you need anything why not tell me and i will see if i can manage it or not

Hehe get ready for some EYE CANDY

but before that, I wonder how no one detected this but solid rings may had issue with commnet, that is fixed tonight. now, EYE CANDY

9oCsmyvmRO2yTfH-HryIAw.png

1BOGDDUURtGdGtgCwNFDlA.png

0kM61lxvSlW18DOYD2G2tQ.png

H3nBqKxKQuCfiXxhG4wDlQ.pngYpJscxTPQeW_ufh_sH4LMQ.png

ePxC3vPcRPGFjjjRDBPpWQ.png

3ZgrBu1pSAyqfFeX0UK5DQ.png

and that my friends, means that i added configs for textures unlimited mod. I think I will release this version tomorrow. so, get ready for it :P

• 2 weeks later...

have few questions guys :

1- would you like to have the solid rings with rotation animations or not?

2- would you like to have different settings on solid rings like inventory for KIS and interstellar fuel switch and/or USI life support on them

3- for the profile ring, do you want one or two new parts to fit inside the profile for the tank / inventory / life support usage or not

please give me some feedback so that i know if i should release the mod as it is or should i continue adding those ideas before and update

On 1/8/2018 at 1:17 AM, Jiraiyah said:

2- would you like to have different settings on solid rings like inventory for KIS and interstellar fuel switch and/or USI life support on them

3- for the profile ring, do you want one or two new parts to fit inside the profile for the tank / inventory / life support usage or not

please give me some feedback so that i know if i should release the mod as it is or should i continue adding those ideas before and update

no feed back? :/ I can't add a poll to already existing thread, so, please someone let me know what their ideas are

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, back to ksp again. I know that this mod was neglected for so long, hopefully i get to it in a week or so and have a new release but this time on space dock, there are works to be done on this mod and want to have it up to date and running again. although it shouldn't be to much of a problem, but want to see it working as i like it in 1.6.1 again. maybe get to see if i can add few parts from here and there that are becoming dead weight on forums with no update, also, will look into some ZZZ parts to see if i can find something interesting to add to the pack or not, after all, the purpose of this mod was to have most of the things needed for a nice looking ring stations, also, would like to see more variations to this but i'm late to the party, these days there are tons of habitational inflatable modules around in different mods, so, i have to stick to my own ideas and not so much used mods around lol

Finally, took long enough to fix the issue with the B9 Part Switch tweeks. Uploaded to Space dock (link at the end of op post).

Now, NEED HELP FROM YOU GUYS lol, for some odd reason, i think rapier engines (all three of them) have a little bit of angle in their trust ! Looked into the config but i'm a little bit of a noob on these things, if anyone @linuxgurugamer @RoverDude or anyone else who is familiar with these things, will you be king enough to take a look at those three rapier engines and see if there is any issue there or not? I will really appreciate your help.

On 12/26/2017 at 4:08 AM, Jiraiyah said:

Hehe get ready for some EYE CANDY

but before that, I wonder how no one detected this but solid rings may had issue with commnet, that is fixed tonight. now, EYE CANDY

9oCsmyvmRO2yTfH-HryIAw.png

1BOGDDUURtGdGtgCwNFDlA.png

0kM61lxvSlW18DOYD2G2tQ.png

H3nBqKxKQuCfiXxhG4wDlQ.pngYpJscxTPQeW_ufh_sH4LMQ.png

ePxC3vPcRPGFjjjRDBPpWQ.png

3ZgrBu1pSAyqfFeX0UK5DQ.png

and that my friends, means that i added configs for textures unlimited mod. I think I will release this version tomorrow. so, get ready for it :P

unfortunately, I lost all these configs. in few days, will sit and refigure how to use textures unlimited to recreate these. if anyone is familiar enough to do the job faster, would really appreciate it.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:24 AM, Jiraiyah said:

if anyone is familiar enough to do the job faster, would really appreciate it.

Reddit user 001 made a script for easy adding of models for TU. Sometimes it didnt work out...but mostly it did. If it didnt...assumed the model was created unorthodoxly perhaps. Id look into it if you want quick configs..then tweak it to your liking after with more detail or different shaders.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:47 PM, Jiraiyah said:

1 Oh yes please Rotational Parts would be amazing

Oh yeah

On 2/24/2019 at 4:26 AM, Jesusthebird said:

Reddit user 001 made a script for easy adding of models for TU. Sometimes it didnt work out...but mostly it did. If it didnt...assumed the model was created unorthodoxly perhaps. Id look into it if you want quick configs..then tweak it to your liking after with more detail or different shaders.

no worries, almost finished the textures

17 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

1 Oh yes please Rotational Parts would be amazing

Oh yeah

wow lol. i myself didn't know it can become this much pretty.

regarding of rotation. well, it means that i would need to get back to maya or unity versions and i think during time i may lost those files, but the mod is MIT, so if anyone can handle recreating the mesh, i will add his work with credit to the mod gladly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.