[KSP 1.3.1] Overdrive 1.1.0 - Smoke On The Water (Revamp KSP UI) - 2017-10-28

RealGecko

6 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Not wrong.  Squad could start by setting the example.

Actually there's another way of creating UIs

@DMagic even provided tutorial

But alas developers mostly prefer old fashioned way of creating UI, that's pretty messy and leads to the problem of click-throughs.

Standard KSP skin makes me sick, and Unity Smoke skin is pretty dirty in its nature. As I crawled through sources of various mods I saw a lot of developers' struggle in attempts to prettify both with little of luck. That's how UIFramework was born. The first mod to use it was Flight Plan and as I was developing it I understood I can override both themes to make most mods look cool.

If developers will start to use @DMagic's approach this mod will become obsolete :D

• 1 month later...

I've discovered that this mod is incompatible with SCANsat. When installed along with SCANsat, the SCANsat toolbar button does not appear, and it is impossible to open the SCANsat UI. Additionally, the SCANsat settings do not show up in the main KSP menu. 

UICore alone works fine with SCANsat; the issue is when the Overdrive mod is also installed.

Here is my output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnnvk1cqezaegd5/output_log.txt?dl=0

I hope there's an easy fix to this, because Overdrive is one of my favorite mods, but I also rely heavily on SCANsat's functionality.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2017 at 2:54 PM, Windspren said:

I've discovered that this mod is incompatible with SCANsat. When installed along with SCANsat, the SCANsat toolbar button does not appear, and it is impossible to open the SCANsat UI. Additionally, the SCANsat settings do not show up in the main KSP menu. 

UICore alone works fine with SCANsat; the issue is when the Overdrive mod is also installed.

I hope there's an easy fix to this, because Overdrive is one of my favorite mods, but I also rely heavily on SCANsat's functionality.

This mod removes the stock KSP UI elements, but does not replace all of the elements present (some of the toggle UI components, to be specific) with new versions. SCANsat relies on those UI elements being found, and when they aren't its loading process breaks. I might make some fixes to make sure those missing elements don't break the loading process, but I won't change SCANsat to accommodate alternative UIs (it will load correctly and function, but the UI will be screwed up).

So, basically you can consider SCANsat incompatible with OverDrive. 

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, DMagic said:

This mod removes the stock KSP UI elements, but does not replace all of the elements present (some of the toggle UI components, to be specific) with new versions. SCANsat relies on those UI elements being found, and when they aren't its loading process breaks. I might make some fixes to make sure those missing elements don't break the loading process, but I won't change SCANsat to accommodate alternative UIs (it will load correctly and function, but the UI will be screwed up).

So, basically you can consider SCANsat incompatible with OverDrive. 

Any change to make SCANsat functional again would be great. The SCANsat UI worked fine before the most recent Overdrive update, but as you said, it used the normal UI and not the Overdrive one. I was fine with this, and a return to it would work perfectly with me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.