Long Term Project: Event Horizon

Lojik

Hey KSP Crew,

I'm sure its been done before but i wanted to start a thread to keep track of my own progress on a long term project i have decided to take on, this project is mainly for the love of the ship, it was one of the first sci-fi/horror movies i watched as a kid and its stuck with me for a long time.

I will be attempting to create this monster in sandbox mode with predominate stock materials, if i end up using modded parts i will let you guys know, the craft will be created in space at a newly created space station just for its build, each part will need to be able to get into order and then the final ship created in orbit

No cheats will be used, like i said its a long term project so I will be building this over the next few months, got a wedding to plan as well so please don't expect anything for a while haha

As a side build I will also be looking to make a to scale Lewis and Clark to fit with the Event Horizon

Final size is yet to be determined, but it will be big, in light of this i will most likely use construction ports to "weld" the ship together to create a lower part count and more stable platform

Ship in question: Event Horizon

The Beast:

p6kxSDE.jpg

Wish me luck :D

Edited by Lojik

I'm 29 and just recently saw Event Horizon for the first time.  I don't think the movie has aged well but I can imagine that the move was pretty cool during its time..  Those were some pretty awesome ships in the movie though!  If you can make them,  It will be really awesome.  I'll be standing by for however long it takes to see the final products. Good luck! 

7 hours ago, Heckspress said:

If you feel like actually trying to launch that whole thing, you might be able to get away with making the rear/girder section into an SSTO....

I did think about that, possibly two SSTO's that join together in orbit, or create the "bridge" in orbit and make the two end sections SSTO's that join with the bridge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.