Kerbals at War - The very first KSP War movie

Squeegy Mackoy

One of the things I thought about in response to the "rails and time warp" issue, was to create sandboxes, much like what Squad currently has planned, but to keep everyone in their home star system as a sandbox until "first encounter".

Then you become part of the larger community, where local time no longer applies. You keep the physics model currently in place, and simply "encapsulate it" so you can manipulate home systems and keep everyone in sync at the next level up. This way, everyone can evolve at their own pace, and the "galactic community" is then evolving "in real time", like an MMO.

Should make for an interesting solution.

Edited by Papa_Joe

any chance of us seeing those craft files? or maybe a tutorial on how you do that dog fighting? or how to build a tank? i must say the boats and tanks were very clever uses of the wings. and also, the reason we don't have real time time warping, and that is a simply awful solution, is that it would rape your CPU to have to calculate orbits and collisions and such at that speed.

Edited by Festivefire

dude, i doubt there will ever be multiplayer. to complaex.

but yes, craft files please. now??i go on holiday soon and cant play :(

Yeah nope. As I said on the video:

"They're all kinda broken and need to be rebuilt from scratch, and anyone who is halfway decent with the editor could do that themselves with less effort than it would take me to remake and upload all of them.

I also feel handing ships to people violates the whole game design - I'm practically taking the fun out of it. Flying a cool looking diamond VTOL isn't all that exciting when you don't have that intimate relationship with it forged by spending hours designing the damn thing."

Then you run into the issue where some of us just plain cannot get spaceplanes to work correctly, or VTOLs, etc. etc. It's just being helpful, and rather than saying "it'd take the fun out of it", think instead that you've saved us a lot of headache that comes with fragging up many, many times.

Then you run into the issue where some of us just plain cannot get spaceplanes to work correctly, or VTOLs, etc. etc. It's just being helpful, and rather than saying "it'd take the fun out of it", think instead that you've saved us a lot of headache that comes with fragging up many, many times.
It's not helpful, because it wouldn't help anywhere near as much as you think it might. I can guarantee you'll crash just as many times trying to work out how to pilot the VTOL as you would in building it from scratch. If I did make and release it I would be flooded with just as many people asking how to fly it, because taking off is harder than landing, and in general it flies like a brick. A sporadic, ill-behaved, angry brick, with the turning circle of Minimus and a half.

Yeah nope. As I said on the video:

"They're all kinda broken and need to be rebuilt from scratch, and anyone who is halfway decent with the editor could do that themselves with less effort than it would take me to remake and upload all of them.

I also feel handing ships to people violates the whole game design - I'm practically taking the fun out of it. Flying a cool looking diamond VTOL isn't all that exciting when you don't have that intimate relationship with it forged by spending hours designing the damn thing."

I hear ya, your VTOL inspired me to create mine, it was hella fun and I love it to bits. Quite literally, to bits. It's unreal how many times I crashed it when trying to make it.

Go to the Settings screen, and under video turn on the "Terrain Scatters" radio button. Then adjust the "Scatter detail" slider to get a compromise between density of trees and performance.

Ah that is the setting that I had disabled, Mun landings are going to be much easier now, Thanks!

The forum migration pooped up the formatting, one moment while I repair the OP.

If I make you some tanks/vtols/ship(Idk about the ships never made one before) would you be willing to make a 2nd one or even showcase my ships in a awesome way? :D
Not likely. If your stuff is awesome, just make your own video and let it speak for itself.

I'd love to know how you got the hovercraft down to the water, tried copying the basic fusalage + wheels layoput but even with stupid amounts of bracing it just comes apart on the grass.

Woooo-ho! Excellent job, and great skill indeed!

I must admit I never managed to hit a moving target with uncontrolled weapon, no matter how hard I tried ;.;

Sad thing that in v0.16 airborne vessel (even controllable!) is immediately removed as soon as you switch to anther one... even when the other craft is only 1 Km far :(.

I'd love to know how you got the hovercraft down to the water, tried copying the basic fusalage + wheels layoput but even with stupid amounts of bracing it just comes apart on the grass.

I didnt use any braces, it was able to get off the runway because it flexible and floppy and just snaked off the edge.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.