Autostrut Needs Work

InX7hnC.jpg

Now that's not right. Those wheels were attached with Symmetry.

Lets take away the tank on the end.

BnO4401.jpg

Tenacious ain't he?

Let's take the next one off too.

Yo5mRzV.jpg

Don't like to let go do they?

5cZ7o6v.jpg

I think I'll just throw that one away.

6dsMhQ1.jpg

Dropped it in the bin and it thinks it is still attached.

This is where it finally threw an Exception.

Autostruts displayed incorrectly in the editor is the least of the problem. As soon as you launch your craft they will attach the way the game intends.

The REAL problem lies in the fact that autstruts summon their own Kraken. I've seen several reports from people (and have it happen to my own craft) where autostruts cause craft destroying oscillations.
@Rocksummit posted an excellent example just a few days ago. As soon as he docks his lander the whole station starts dancing.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it again: Autostruts are evil! They are the spawn of the devil. Use them with extreme prejudice and caution.

Actually, I did launch it and it jittered a bit, blew a front wheel and just sort of sat there twitching.

6 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

@Rocksummit posted an excellent example just a few days ago. As soon as he docks his lander the whole station starts dancing.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it again: Autostruts are evil! They are the spawn of the devil. Use them with extreme prejudice and caution.

I've had the same thing happen but I think it probably has as much if not more to do with SAS being broken.
I've arrived at a station and on the approach the station is dancing so I had to switch craft and turn of SAS.
The instant before I dock I turn off RCS and SAS on the docking ship too.

On 15/11/2016 at 7:30 PM, Deimos Rast said:

you should report it as a bug then, not clutter up the technical support sub-forum

Do you really see it as cluttering up the sub-forum? or is that something you say to everyone who posts technical posts into this technical support sub-forum?