[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Just now, KerbolExplorer said:

I god it working because i installed the mac and linux version.I have a windows computer

This makes zero sense. They are the exact same except file extension and png textures. My guess is you installed incorrectly the first time.

If you are on windows and you are using the Mac and Linux version, you are using more ram then you need to be.

Just now, Galileo said:

This makes zero sense. They are the exact same except file extension and png textures. My guess is you installed incorrectly the first time.

If you are on windows and you are using the Mac and Linux version, you are using more ram then you need to be.

yea thing is that when a program stops i start clicking:blush:

@JadeOfMaar

If I do not install CommunityResourcePack I get from no object scan results. None of Gael Iota or Ceti - more I have not tried. The Survey Scanner alone is enough, right?

I have now KSP re-downloaded and installed. Like Copernicus, GPP and the CRP. No chance it does not work.

Something I have to make basic wrong. The error sits mostly before the computer.

Greetings

@astroheiko That's really terrible, man. Try this too;

Open KSP\saves\My Game\persistent.sfs in Notepad and change the number for Seed. Change it to anything with the same amount of digits then load it in-game. This will cause all your resource distributions to change but it might have a welcome effect.

GAME
{
	version = 1.2.2
	Title = My Game (CAREER)
	Description = No description available.
	linkURL = 
	linkCaption = 
	Mode = CAREER
	Status = 1
	Seed = 1803639460

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@JadeOfMaar

Does not work either. The problem could be avoided if I could switch the Survey scanner at "Resource" to "Ore". But that's exactly what he leaves out.

CMOvsFw.jpg

The overlay still remains active. Then I could operate ISRU. The Narrow Band Scanner is synonymous, unfortunately, I have none installed at my Lander. I think I will work around the problem by attaching a country with Narrow Band Scanner and cheat it into Orbit. Then I can at least continue to play.

Are Thalia and Muse objects with special minerals? Perhaps it could be because of this?

In any case I thank you for your help.

Already funny that I am the only one with this error.:confused:

43 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

Are Thalia and Muse objects with special minerals? Perhaps it could be because of this?

All of the worlds are special with resources. Thalia is among the most special of them so any "problem" there is actually reasonable.

Spoiler

Muse has an upper limit of 5% Ore but that shouldn't also be a problem.

Thalia is a barren ball of dust - I suspect all the ore got blasted off the surface and into orbit, slowly accreting into Eta. It would explain the somewhat unusual Geology, especially since Eta is small enough to have a chance at remaining undifferentiated, especially if the material was from Thalia's crust and mantle and therefore relatively devoid of radioactive material due to decay and differentiation over the previous few billion years.

3 hours ago, 4d4Garrison said:

I am using 64x launcher and I did download the patch for the rings

I also deleted all my mods and redownloaded them.

The rings are still not working BTW since I wasn't very clear. It almost looks like the game is having them always be in shadow.

My high quality, 10x MTBF enhanced high-gain antenna had a critical failure before finishing all transmissions from the surface of Jannah. Did Poodmund relocate the Kraken there? I thought they lived on Tellumo - maybe they have a base or something?

The kraken was supposed to nest in Gauss' SOI. Maybe they have a migration cycle and your probe crossed their path.

Meanwhile I'm developing an SSTO with LS and intended to operate between Thalia and Gratian. I might have to add a nuclear reactor... It took me a while to realize that solar panels suck at Gratian's distance.

Spoiler

No more than 8 hands on deck at a time. Even if it ends up with more it's capable of high energy transfers to cut transfer time (and for MKS*, save on hab time).

*My OPT_USI config is currently disabled but otherwise there's plenty recycler and hab capacity, and some Supplies tankage on the cockpit and cabin.

6cuGAKk.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I've been looking for something completely different for a while now, and this just won my vore. I'm making a clean install tonight and will spend my workday deciding what sort of mod package I'm going to run it with.

For once I want to try a more streamlined experience, so I want to keep the number of mods to a minimum. I'm thinking USI, ResearchBodies and SCANsat as the main ones and then some minor ones like TWP and various eye-candy.

Am I correct in assuming Engineer Redux will play nicely with Galileo?

5 hours ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

I've been looking for something completely different for a while now, and this just won my vore. I'm making a clean install tonight and will spend my workday deciding what sort of mod package I'm going to run it with.

For once I want to try a more streamlined experience, so I want to keep the number of mods to a minimum. I'm thinking USI, ResearchBodies and SCANsat as the main ones and then some minor ones like TWP and various eye-candy.

Am I correct in assuming Engineer Redux will play nicely with Galileo?

Nice. :) I hope you don't get bored of the streamline. There's a lot of planets and moons here. :wink: 

KER will work fine with GPP and any other planet/star mod.

The one thing I wish Mechjeb or KER had was the ability to plot multi-body encounters - I like using large moons to help with Gas Giant orbital insertion (especially planet sized moons like Augustus and Catullus) but it is hard to plot these in advance.

I have had to resort to the Kerbal method - bringing 5-10 km/s of extra delta-V, turning my original first stage into a radial booster (at best) and resulting in a boom in launchpad repair contracts. 

@iontom There's no such option in GPP but in this:

@astroheiko While testing my SSTO posted above, I ran into the same resource problem (mentioned by a few others before you). I absolutely don't get how or why this suddenly happens. Maybe installing CRP before GPP helps it. I seem to have fixed my copy of the problem but I have a new problem.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

48 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Maybe installing CRP before GPP helps it.

Hello @JadeOfMaar

I have now installed the CRP before everything else and started the game. Afterwards I installed Copernicus and  run the game once again. After that I installed GPP and  started a sandbox game. The problem remains. 
Please do not waste too much of your free time with it, I'll get through somehow.
:kiss:

Greetings

3 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

The one thing I wish Mechjeb or KER had was the ability to plot multi-body encounters - I like using large moons to help with Gas Giant orbital insertion (especially planet sized moons like Augustus and Catullus) but it is hard to plot these in advance.

I have had to resort to the Kerbal method - bringing 5-10 km/s of extra delta-V, turning my original first stage into a radial booster (at best) and resulting in a boom in launchpad repair contracts. 

I think I mentioned this a while back when I first jumped on this thread but for complicated flight paths and multi-body encounters you can use @Arrowstar's KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool.  It is an external tool that interfaces with KSP to extract and inject information into the game.  With it you can plan literally any kind of flight path you want.  It is by far the most robust tool available for flight planning.  It works with GPP but you will have to create a custom Bodies.ini file for it although that is a very simple process.  The learning curve for this tool is steep but well worth the effort and time I've put into learning how to use it (although I'm no expert by any means :D).

Maxtech Aerospace is proud to announce the successful launch of the Kerbstation X - the first space station to be self-sufficient with respect to food and oxygen requirements! In addition, it has a huge (to the Max even...) nuclear reactor powering top of the line Jewel-4 ion engines, allowing it to theoretically reach Iota, Ceti or perhaps even Niven and return to Gael! Now if only I could run my graphics settings high enough to show a better Gael-scape, instead of the low-fidelity imagery which is all that has been declassified. 

Kerbstation%20X_zps6c017fwh.png