[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Whoa, it has been a long time since I was on the KSP forums... Must say, this pack has come along way @Galileo ! Been about 7 months since I was last here? Can't remember. Well, Time to update all my mods again and see what I can do.

Btw, this Secondary system idea looks pretty cool. How does it work?

Edited by Duski
idk

54 minutes ago, Duski said:

Whoa, it has been a long time since I was on the KSP forums... Must say, this pack has come along way @Galileo ! Been about 7 months since I was last here? Can't remember. Well, Time to update all my mods again and see what I can do.

Btw, this Secondary system idea looks pretty cool. How does it work?

Its quite easy and works good enough, did it an hour ago. You just install the secondary addon in additon and you can have the normal kerbal system and further away this system shows up. I did it cause I did not want to have to deal with a new career.

3 hours ago, nexitem said:

Its quite easy and works good enough, did it an hour ago. You just install the secondary addon in additon and you can have the normal kerbal system and further away this system shows up. I did it cause I did not want to have to deal with a new career.

Sounds good, gonna go try it out.

8 hours ago, Duski said:

It's been a long time, dude. :) 

10 hours ago, panarchist said:

@Galileo - I've got a weird one here, and I reproduced the issue with only the affected addons. With the following (properly) installed:

- Kopernicus (1.3.0-6 or 1.3.0-8, tried both)
- GPP 1.5.1 and Textures 3.0
- GPP_Secondary
- OPM_Galileo 1.2.1

The OPM planets (and the relocated Eeloo) do not show up in game - just the GPP planets.

Log: https://pastebin.com/GBnhgM3b

OPM shows up fine if I remove GPP, and shows up fine if I add other Kopernicus packs like Extrasolar. (unless I add GPP back in)

Has anyone else seen this? Could I have possibly missed something obvious?  Thanks.

We're on it.

10 hours ago, panarchist said:

@Galileo - I've got a weird one here, and I reproduced the issue with only the affected addons. With the following (properly) installed:

- Kopernicus (1.3.0-6 or 1.3.0-8, tried both)
- GPP 1.5.1 and Textures 3.0
- GPP_Secondary
- OPM_Galileo 1.2.1

The OPM planets (and the relocated Eeloo) do not show up in game - just the GPP planets.

Log: https://pastebin.com/GBnhgM3b

OPM shows up fine if I remove GPP, and shows up fine if I add other Kopernicus packs like Extrasolar. (unless I add GPP back in)

Has anyone else seen this? Could I have possibly missed something obvious?  Thanks.

Just ran your exact mod list without any issues. Do a fresh install with only GPP, OPM and GPP_Secondary and see if the issue persists. 

According to your logs the bodies are loading. 

Edited by Galileo

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:59 PM, failurecascade said:

Does anyone know what would cause most biome names to appear blank in Scansat, stock scanners, and the R&D Building's Archives?  The Space Center biomes display normally, but everything else ends up blank.  This problem only happens in GPP, with or without other mods installed, and I can't reproduce it in stock or OPM saves.

If it helps, I've attached a log and a few images.  These are from a fresh install of KSP 1.3.0 without any mods except GPP 1.5.1 and its basic requirements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzapg1rxs2s4iqp/output_log.txt?dl=0    (log)

https://imgur.com/zg367eL    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/dpwVzwm    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/dAfW5SN    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/s17FLkP    (GameData\GPP folder)

https://imgur.com/FqkouYc    (GameData folder)

Is there any other information that would be useful here?  Or can anyone give me some guidance as to how to analyze this biome issue?

Two other bits of info from my experimentation:

1.  Biomes maps are visible on the surface of astronomical bodies if I turn on "Biomes Visible" in the cheat window.

2.  While this problem does not occur for OPM alone, it does occur on OPM bodies when loaded along with GPP.

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

Just ran your exact mod list without any issues. Do a fresh install with only GPP, OPM and GPP_Secondary and see if the issue persists. 

According to your logs the bodies are loading. 

Those are the only installed items. I'll re-download everything again with a newly-downloaded copy of everything and update if the issue persists.

Edit: @Galileo - I figured it out. The OPM config file in GPP_config is reparenting all bodies arround Grannus. The first line needs !GPP-Secondary added to the list of “nots”.

pardon any errors, edit was on my phone.

Edited by panarchist

2 hours ago, panarchist said:

Those are the only installed items. I'll re-download everything again with a newly-downloaded copy of everything and update if the issue persists.

Edit: @Galileo - I figured it out. The OPM config file in GPP_config is reparenting all bodies arround Grannus. The first line needs !GPP-Secondary added to the list of “nots”.

pardon any errors, edit was on my phone.

That is kinda by design, but yes, it's as easy as adding that to the GPP_OPM cfg.

Just to clarify a little, GPP_Secondary isn't necessarily an end user add-on. It was developed to be a tool to make other planet pack makers lives easier when trying to gain compatibility with GPP. There is no true "correct" way to have it set up. It's completely up to the modder/ savvy user how it's configured. We just laid the base cfg down. I personally liked having OPM around Grannus, that's why we kept it as is. So feel free to blame me! :D  Really its just being used as a place holder for another project :wink: 

In other news,

UPDATE

Change log:

v1.5.2

• Update to keep in accord with Kopernicus 1.3.0-8
    • Solar panels will auto track the correct star!
  • Disbaled contracts for Ciro and Grannus to hopefully avoid the infamous "Collect Ore" contracts
  • Adjusted ring colors for Nero and Tellumo since kopernicus fixed the ring color parameter.. finally :) 
  • Revised light intensity curves for better lighting around Grannus
  • Aligned Nero's rings with Nero's texture when EVE is not installed (wobble effect is back but it looks more aesthetically pleasing with than without)

These changes will not break current saves.

CKAN should, might, maybe still work. I have done a pull request to update the version number but it may take a few days. I think you can still install it though.

Download and install instructions linked in the OP

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That is kinda by design, but yes, it's as easy as adding that to the GPP_OPM cfg.

Just to clarify a little, GPP_Secondary isn't necessarily an end user add-on. It was developed to be a tool to make other planet pack makers lives easier when trying to gain compatibility with GPP. There is no true "correct" way to have it set up. It's completely up to the modder/ savvy user how it's configured. We just laid the base cfg down. I personally liked having OPM around Grannus, that's why we kept it as is. So feel free to blame me! :D  Really its just being used as a place holder for another project :wink: 

Oh, no - that's totally fine, and I get it - I was just happy that it was there so that I could basically run it out of the box without having to reparent everything myself. (I'm decent with MM, but I don't always have the time I'd like to mess around with it at that level) I was simply confused because a version or two ago, GPP wasn't putting OPM around Grannus, so I wasn't expecting it - even though I read the changelog. (rolls eyes) And before I tried to reproduce it, I had it on my main game save, which has somewhere around 70 mods. I used to be on the QA team from 0.90 through 1.2, and I do financial software integration and development (process, not coding) for a living, so my concerns are always to make sure I can repro on a minimal install before bugging the mod-maker, and respecting YOUR time as much as my own. My only mod is a collection of MM scripts around some ZZZ public domain assets, and I barely have time to keep that up to date.

Anyway, a bit of a ramble there - thanks for helping point me in the right direction, and I'm up and running.  Now that I've had several weeks to mess around with GPP, I have to reiterate that this is a phenomenal planet pack, and I think GPP is the best one out there (I'm glad you picked up maintenance on OPM as well - one of my other faves). Having GPP 7Gkm out there makes it a great and worthwhile endgame destination. Eventually, I'll spin up another game instance with GPP as the primary and maybe Extrasolar as a destination system (or perhaps a retooled and reparented stock system?) Thanks for bringing more joy and variety to KSP!

6 hours ago, failurecascade said:

Is there any other information that would be useful here?  Or can anyone give me some guidance as to how to analyze this biome issue?

Two other bits of info from my experimentation:

1.  Biomes maps are visible on the surface of astronomical bodies if I turn on "Biomes Visible" in the cheat window.

2.  While this problem does not occur for OPM alone, it does occur on OPM bodies when loaded along with GPP.

I'll have to check this. I figured we had this problem solved (We solved it with OPM obviously :D).

OK, I see the issue, but I am stumped as to what could cause it. My first guess is that it has something to do with GPP deleting/replacing all stock bodies. I dont know why exactly but that would explain why OPM works fine (it doesn't replace anything). More testing will need to be done to see if its possible to fix.

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Tyko said:

Are others seeing this too?

Yes. It has been fixed in Kopernicus. Just need to wait for the next release.

1 hour ago, Theysen said:

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/releases/tag/v0.9.3

Rescales **should** work again, testing as I am typing. 

I actually need to update Rescale to make a necessary change. I was asleep when SD updated :D 

Hello and sorry for the OT, but I'm looking for something and need help. There used to be a planet pack called KerbalGalaxy (and later was Revamped), which made Kerbol system orbit a black hole and added other systems around this central black hole. However AFAIK KerbalGalaxy Revamped is discontinued. Does anybody know about a similar planet pack? It can be much smaller than KerbalGalaxy is/was, but i would like it to have a central black hole with planet systems orbiting it and preferably having the Kerbol system preserved. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Salvator said:

Hello and sorry for the OT, but I'm looking for something and need help. There used to be a planet pack called KerbalGalaxy (and later was Revamped), which made Kerbol system orbit a black hole and added other systems around this central black hole. However AFAIK KerbalGalaxy Revamped is discontinued. Does anybody know about a similar planet pack? It can be much smaller than KerbalGalaxy is/was, but i would like it to have a central black hole with planet systems orbiting it and preferably having the Kerbol system preserved. Thank you.

No problem. However, I cannot think of any active or release-ready planet packs with a black hole at the center AND doesn't modify the stock planets. If you're up to it, checkout Kerbol Star System. It overhauls those planets, adds a galaxy, and everything orbits something possibly more astounding than a black hole.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

28 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

No problem. However, I cannot think of any active or release-ready planet packs with a black hole at the center AND doesn't modify the stock planets. If you're up to it, checkout Kerbol Star System. It overhauls those planets, adds a galaxy, and everything orbits something possibly more astounding than a black hole.

I mean, after all that's a very specific set of properties...

what are the chances of anyone making such a mod?

what do you want more? that it can load all kinds of planet packs maybe even create a new star for each of those packs?

so that you might find yourself having a whole Galaxy to explore?

or maybe you'd rather have them restricted to just a smaller Neighborhood

Edited by Sigma88