[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Found an excellent region on Iota with several instances of 0 deg slope. It's at 49° 31' N, 8° 58' W.

Please confirm before deploying your base-builder caravans!

lyndXpa.png

There's also a big lonely patch of < 1 deg slope here at 81° 7' N, 145° 5' W, clearly visible in SCANsat. Up close you never get to see Gael, sadly, but Ceti and Grannus will keep you company. 

h40jjWl.png

Hi Galileo

And thanks again for all your awesome mods. I'd have been finished with KSP long ago if not for your works. I have an old PC that suffers LAG so I have tried to go back to Kerbin a few times and can't. Gael is amazing and I can't fly in an atmosphere that doesn't have volumetric clouds anymore. It is more than that though. I really appreciate your work.

My question has to do with your new load screens starting around GPP version 1.5.88.

LoadingScreen_18 is of what I assume is a ship under warp power within toroidal fields.

I use Interstellar Extended but I never liked that warp animation.

I've spent the last week looking for a mod that uses a toroidal field animation with no luck.

Can you point me in the right direction for getting this toroidal field warp animation into my game?

BTW, love the Dune reference in the load comments.

33 minutes ago, Capt. Kermit said:

I'd have been finished with KSP long ago if not for your works. I have an old PC that suffers LAG so I have tried to go back to Kerbin a few times and can't. Gael is amazing and I can't fly in an atmosphere that doesn't have volumetric clouds anymore. It is more than that though. I really appreciate your work.

This is why GPP was made. You're not the first to feel this way and that's a great thing. :wink: 

That warp ship is mine and it uses this. 

Finally, the Dune references are an easter egg. :wink: 

On 1/17/2018 at 10:50 AM, BrotherMagneto said:

Hi there, first of all, thank you so much for your hard work on what is my favorite KSP mod. I've had countless hours of fun with GPP and can't wait to see what comes next!

My question is on the 1.6.0.0 release - I recently installed 1.5.8 (like, 2 days ago) and it was displaying fine. 1.6 doesn't show planetary rings correctly (and some of the textures on the GEP are messed up, but I know that's not a GPP thing). Here's a gallery of what it looks like, including the rings, and here's my log file. I followed the exact same instructions as I did to install GPP just a couple of days ago and it worked great. I'm on a Mac if that matters. Thanks in advance for any suggestions / help!

I have seen the same thing, on Gentoo Linux. I installed using CKAN so a few dependencies were brought along with GPP. After a fresh install of KSP and GPP through CKAN, it was resolved, and then I lumped in mods from a .ckan export for a saved game of mine. Something in there broke the rings.

I tested by removing KSP, and installing a fresh copy. Installed GPP with CKAN, and the rings were broken. Removed KSP entirely, again, and downloaded a fresh copy. I installed GPP with the above instructions (install Kopernicus, install GPP, and install GPP Textures with nothing else) and had the same issue. Below are logs and a screenshot and I'll try reverting to 1.5.8 in the morning to test. A cursory read of the logs seems to show that the Tellumo ring texture is never even tried to load but perhaps someone can read into that more than I can. Let me know if I can provide any additional info.

https://imgur.com/a/1eYVo <-- visually broken rings

https://paste.ee/p/R7MTN <-- Log files, check near the end for tracking station view focus on Tellumo

EDIT: Confirming that 1.5.9.9 seems to work fine.

Edited by FuzzyLlama
Removed duplicate text. Updated with downgrade findings.

12 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

Do you think maybe you could add radiation definitions for the Kerbalism mod?

We stopped supporting kerbalism as kerbalism is no longer being developed, and currently cannot support more than one star, which can cause some issues. That said, you can find the old cfg somewhere in the kerbalism thread, but you will need to search for it.

Thanks JadeOfMaar

You guys are the best of the best. I don't think I've ever seen a mod community that cooperated and worked together so well. Friendly and helpful yes but it takes a bit more to put together something of this size and caliber. Thanks guys and gals. Very much appreciated.

" Finally, the Dune references are an easter egg. " -

Easter egg? If I find worms I'm literally going to scream. :)

6 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

@Yakvi - FYI, I am running a GPP/SETI install with your patch for the SETI contracts. I got the 'powered landing at the monolith' contract and the waypoint for it was nowhere near the monolith.

I’m convinced the monolith coordinates are hard coded in KSP. The monolith that is located near the KSC is actually part of the KSC model and I assume the coordinates are not tied to the actual monolith, thus making the waypoint be way off.

I've installed the basic pack for GPP. But when I run the game, after the images that appear at first, a black screen saying ''charging'' appears and nothing happens for hours. I don't know what to do, is it a problem of Kopernicus?

Thanks!

Edited by Alvaro

1 hour ago, kraden said:

@Alvaro looks like you didn't download GPP Textures. Read back though the install instructions and double check that you've followed them properly.

If @Alvaro was missing the textures, GPP would inform him, as we have a plug-in that tells you. What I think is happening, is that he is running a completely fresh install of KSP, and hasn’t run the game once before adding mods. KSP must be run once without mods in order for it to create its settings and such.

but since he hasn’t posted logs or any other files that aid in troubleshooting, I can only guess.

Edited by Galileo

So... I have a contract which says to splash down on Icarus.... which I am pretty sure is impossible?

I did a scan with SCAN sat and there doesn’t need appear to be a drop of liquid on the planet. 

Can I assume this is a bug? The funny thing is the contract said something along the lines of “we are pretty sure it won’t be as hot there!” which made me think there was some hidden body of liquid something somewhere on Icarus. :)

EDIT: I was also hoping it would be something like a lake of liquid metal that would make your ship explode in short order lol. Would have been an amusing contract. 

Edited by MechBFP

2 hours ago, MechBFP said:

So... I have a contract which says to splash down on Icarus.... which I am pretty sure is impossible?

I did a scan with SCAN sat and there doesn’t need appear to be a drop of liquid on the planet. 

Can I assume this is a bug? The funny thing is the contract said something along the lines of “we are pretty sure it won’t be as hot there!” which made me think there was some hidden body of liquid something somewhere on Icarus. :)

EDIT: I was also hoping it would be something like a lake of liquid metal that would make your ship explode in short order lol. Would have been an amusing contract. 

This is an ocean on Icarus, it’s called a hazardous ocean, which is how Kopernicus allows for crafts to heat up and explode. But you are right, there is not an actual ocean you can land in. It’s not a bug, it’s just the only way to simulate “heat”. Just ignore the contract.

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

If @Alvaro was missing the textures, GPP would inform him, as we have a plug-in that tells you. What I think is happening, is that he is running a completely fresh install of KSP, and hasn’t run the game once before adding mods. KSP must be run once without mods in order for it to create its settings and such.

but since he hasn’t posted logs or any other files that aid in troubleshooting, I can only guess.

the problem appears when I instaled the optional mods :( I didn't installed this time and i am running the game correctly 

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

Oh right, I forgot that you added that heads-up about textures in there.

5 hours ago, Alvaro said:

the problem appears when I instaled the optional mods :( I didn't installed this time and i am running the game correctly 

The optional mods wouldn’t cause the main menu hang. But if you aren’t interested in posting logs for troubleshooting, I can’t help you further. Glad you have the base game running.

18 hours ago, Phil Kerman said:

Is there a delta v map for GPP + OPM available ? I´m reaching the edge of GPP´s planets soon :wink:

dV maps of the interstellar sort are impractical and near impossible. With local system dV maps there is always one static reference frame: the homeworld, and a very modest and manageable range of velocities and inclinations for passing ships, that everyone can be expected to fit within. Once you're interstellar the reference frame can be anywhere, without any standard, and the fact that you can enter the SOI of another star or its planets at ANY velocity from ANY angle makes it pointless to create such maps.

The only answer is to install mods that grant you "OP" engines and fuel, use them well, and never assume that you have too much dV.

15 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I may or may not have been having some fun with this. Just sayin'...

EDIT: I am having a hard time trying to get the igmur album images to appear. Any tips?

Here's the link to the album: https://imgur.com/a/qHMoe

Embedding imgur albums has (afaik) always been broken on this forum...and surely will forever be broken. :P That said, your album is pure gold. <3

Spoiler
8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

A general message to @Galileo, @JadeOfMaar and whoever else is involved with the change from LSM to the Sigma Replacements Loading Screen.

• It doesn't work.  Period.
  • It is huge, 500k vs 15k for the LSM
  • It has no advantages that I can see over the LSM.
  • It has no way of configuring it other than by editing the config file

I suppose I could find more to complain about, but this is more than enough.

WHY DID YOU CHANGE FROM SOMETHING THAT WORKS TO SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T?

I've been spending lots of time looking into the LSM code, trying to find why it was repeating the same screen over and over.  Turned out not to be LSM, but the Sigma Replacement code.  I don't even know where it's getting the screen from.  @JadeOfMaar saw this last night, it was constantly displaying an IVA screen looking at blank RPM windows.  It happened every single time I restarted KSP.  And, given the memory requirements for GPP, why waste more than a half meg of memory on something that is only used at the start?

you forgot to ping me I suppose :)

if you don't want to use my mod feel free, if you want I can add a check to disable it when your mod is installed.

regarding your issues:

• it works for me, you can also check out @RocketPCGaming streams on twitch, he doesn't seem to have any issues with it
  • my mod comes with a hardcoded loadingscreen (you can see it here) that's why it is 500k
  • when I wrote my mod I needed some specific features that were not available on LSM (otherwise I would have used that instead), like:
    • the ability of loading dds files
    • the ability of being bundled inside other mods
    • the ability of run when multiple copies are installed
    • the ability of displaying specific text when showing specific images
    • the ability of loading settings from different files

It's worth noting that this was true when I originally wrote the mod, LSM might have implemented all these now.

• You can have as many cfg files you want, as long as they have a node with the type "Sigma88LoadingScreens" and follow the mod's syntax
    • MM patches are not allowed because MM runs after the loading screen has started, but I'm sure you know this.

regarding the issue, my mod is pretty straightforward. it just adds images to the stock array, everything else is controlled by KSP.

there might be some weirdness going on, but I can't do much without a bug report since I can't manage to reproduce the issue myself

I have responded to both github issues (#9  #10) you opened, originally I thought you were asking for support, but if the problem is just that my mod annoyes you I'll make sure it disables itself when LSM is present so you don't have to worry about users filing bug reports to you when my mod is causing the issue

I would also like to point out that I am not gaining anything from doing this. Sometimes it seems people think I get something out of my mods.

Or that I have some kind of obligation to provide support on the "product" they "acquired" from me.

Regardless of that, I always try to provide support as soon as humanly possible.

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

you forgot to ping me I suppose :)

if you don't want to use my mod feel free, if you want I can add a check to disable it when your mod is installed.

regarding your issues:

• it works for me, you can also check out @RocketPCGaming streams on twitch, he doesn't seem to have any issues with it
  • my mod comes with a hardcoded loadingscreen (you can see it here) that's why it is 500k
  • when I wrote my mod I needed some specific features that were not available on LSM (otherwise I would have used that instead), like:
    • the ability of loading dds files
    • the ability of being bundled inside other mods
    • the ability of run when multiple copies are installed
    • the ability of displaying specific text when showing specific images
    • the ability of loading settings from different files

It's worth noting that this was true when I originally wrote the mod, LSM might have implemented all these now.

• You can have as many cfg files you want, as long as they have a node with the type "Sigma88LoadingScreens" and follow the mod's syntax
    • MM patches are not allowed because MM runs after the loading screen has started, but I'm sure you know this.

regarding the issue, my mod is pretty straightforward. it just adds images to the stock array, everything else is controlled by KSP.

there might be some weirdness going on, but I can't do much without a bug report since I can't manage to reproduce the issue myself

I have responded to both github issues (#9  #10) you opened, originally I thought you were asking for support, but if the problem is just that my mod annoyes you I'll make sure it disables itself when LSM is present so you don't have to worry about users filing bug reports to you when my mod is causing the issue

I would also like to point out that I am not gaining anything from doing this. Sometimes it seems people think I get something out of my mods.

Or that I have some kind of obligation to provide support on the "product" they "acquired" from me.

Regardless of that, I always try to provide support as soon as humanly possible.

I wasn't asking for support, I was giving feedback.

That being said, I was streaming when the problems were happening, and I wasn't aware it was your mod until after the stream was over.  I wasn't even aware that LSM had been replaced.

While annoyed, it's not a deal breaker.  LSM has been quiet for a while, because no one asked for any new features.  I'll reinstall your dll and remove LSM this evening, start the game and then get you the log file.  Obviously it works for some (maybe most) people, but ask @JadeOfMaar about what he saw for specifics.

and, regarding pinging you, I'm sorry.  I wrote that in a hurry and had to leave for a dr. appt.

Regarding both mods, I'd like to collaborate with you to ensure that both mods can co-exist peacefully.  Other than my problem with the wrong/replicated screens, which I will work on, my other issue is the DDS only, which prevents people from using their own screen-captures for the loading screen.  I'd like to come up with some method with you which would be mutually acceptable to both of us.

And, I fully understand your feelings about modding, since I pretty much share them with  you

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

my mod comes with a hardcoded loadingscreen (you can see it here) that's why it is 500k

Well, having a hard-coded screen is just wasting memory.

And, since you have seen the VOD, you can see how many times the RPM screen shows up.  I'll get you the debug and log files sometime this evening