[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I tried upgrading via CKAN and it didn't work. after I completed I realized that 1.6.1.0 wasn't on CKAN yet.

GPP and GPPSecondary are erroring out currently, looks like the ZIP file format changed:

BzRddFM.png

But since these netkans are hosted off-site, it's not my problem (for once).

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

GPP and GPPSecondary are erroring out currently, looks like the ZIP file format changed:

BzRddFM.png

Absolutely nothing changed in regards to those folders. The only structure that changed in the main GPP folder is that terrain textures, not to be confused with planet textures, were moved into a PluginData folder, which is irrelevant in this situation. This may very well be a CKAN issue.

Edited by Galileo

5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

BzRddFM.png

I can second Galileo's comment above in that those directories are present in the latest distribution so it may be a problem on CKAN's end.

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Once Spacedock comes  back, I'll  be updating,  but making a full backup first.

I'm  looking forward to being impressed

My bad...while my post did say my upgrade was very smooth, @linuxgurugamer reminded me that I failed to mention that I made a full backup of my entire KSP directory and had a few copies of my persistent file saved on OneDrive before I applied the upgrades. Please perform whatever backups you need before upgrading.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” – Seneca

On upgrading...

I generally don't upgrade while a career is in progress, at least for those mods which I categorize as "universe-defining". These would include GPP and any other planet packs, Kopernicus, Sigma Dimensions, SD rescale, Module Manager, Custom Barn Kit, Community Tech Tree, Contract Configurator, or anything which establishes new mechanics such as life support or colonization. Instead, I'll create a new install from scratch, paying close attention to version numbers of dependencies and making sure that the new install contains all the previous mods. Once it's confirmed to be working (which can take awhile) I'll then copy over my save from the old install. Assuming things work correctly, the old install will then be moved off the SSD and onto the spinning data drive, joining the two dozen versions already there.  On those occasions when planets are being added or changing their topography, I'll bring all personnel back home to wait out the upgrade. I may lose some craft, but everyone survives and all funds, rep, and tech tree unlocks are retained.

Turns out the issue was caused by Spacedock being down. GPP has Scatterer as a requirement for particular reasons, and since Scatterer was on Spacedock, it couldn’t complete the install process, and thus couldn’t create the ckan file required for the mod to be updated in ckan. Since Spacedock is up now, it should be working, if not now, then very shortly. 

@HebaruSan

28 minutes ago, kraden said:

So I just updated and everything that was on or around Iota is now on or around Agrippina.  Have I done something wrong?  Is there something I can do to fix this?

That shouldn’t happen if you upgraded from 1.6.0.1 to the latest. You can edit your persistent save file if all else fails 

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

That shouldn’t happen if you upgraded from 1.6.0.1 to the latest. You can edit your persistent save file if all else fails 

Yeah, based on the changelog it made no sense to me either.  Well, I've never edited a save file before, but I think I'll give it a shot!  Any quick pointers of what to look for?

1 hour ago, kraden said:

Yeah, based on the changelog it made no sense to me either.  Well, I've never edited a save file before, but I think I'll give it a shot!  Any quick pointers of what to look for?

I have never done it, but I know it can be done, or alternatively, you could change the orbit body with the alt+f12 cheat menu

If you've upgraded to Kopernicus 1.3-5/6, GPP 1.6.1 and Sigma Dimensions 0.9.7 to play in a rescaled system and the game crashes on load, I'm pretty sure the issue is Kronometer. I removed all my mods, kept only GPP and its dependencies, Dimensions, RESCALE, and Kronometer, but the game still crashed. So I tried various permutations with and without the scaling-related mods, and leaving Kronometer out solved the issue.

2 hours ago, turpentine said:

If you've upgraded to Kopernicus 1.3-5/6, GPP 1.6.1 and Sigma Dimensions 0.9.7 to play in a rescaled system and the game crashes on load, I'm pretty sure the issue is Kronometer. I removed all my mods, kept only GPP and its dependencies, Dimensions, RESCALE, and Kronometer, but the game still crashed. So I tried various permutations with and without the scaling-related mods, and leaving Kronometer out solved the issue.

Cheers. Indeed Kronometer seems to be crashing the game on startup with the new kopernicus. 

Also if anyone has missing/white textures then you need to download the new textures.

12 hours ago, Galileo said:

I have never done it, but I know it can be done, or alternatively, you could change the orbit body with the alt+f12 cheat menu

Well, I now feel simultaneously awesome and terrible for having altered the save file, lol.  But hey, my crafts are back where they ought to be.  As far as the error that caused it, due to my own fault, I didn't think to check to update Sigma Dimensions (using 2.5x) when I updated GPP and It would crash.  Although I don't really know what I'm looking at, it seemed to be crashing while loading Agrippina.  Then after updating Sigma Dimensions, all was good, except for the Iota crafts.  Not sure why or how, but that's the only connection I know of.  Anyway, thanks for the mod, the response, and the motivation to learn a little bit about save files :wink: 

Hi there, 

yesterday I updated GPP, GEP, OPM and Kopernicus to the actual version. It works fine , savegame is not destroyed ( just a little mission change happened. A Niven mission turned into a Tarsiss mission...).

But I´m facing two problems now. When zooming out in flight or tracking station, all trajectories, orbits etc disappear after scrolling out a little bit.

The second problem is, that all my antennas only have exactly 1/4 of its range now.

I really could need some help, because the game has been running very stable for a long time now.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Phil Kerman said:

Hi there, 

yesterday I updated GPP, GEP, OPM and Kopernicus to the actual version. It works fine , savegame is not destroyed ( just a little mission change happened. A Niven mission turned into a Tarsiss mission...).

But I´m facing two problems now. When zooming out in flight or tracking station, all trajectories, orbits etc disappear after scrolling out a little bit.

The second problem is, that all my antennas only have exactly 1/4 of its range now.

I really could need some help, because the game has been running very stable for a long time now.

Thanks

The contract system seems to have an issue with the Kopernicus update. We've seen another report of this kind already, but likely cannot be helped.

Orbit lines vanishing they way they are is not a bug. That's intentional and other planet mods may adopt it.

For your antenna problem this is the answer: OPM's antenna boost (that 4x multiplier) now does not activate if GPP is installed. With the size of GPP alone, we recommend installing JX2 Antenna to maintain the gameplay balance of the stock dishes, keep discrete antenna mod parts relevant, and to help out forum members who have attempted to chart the antenna ranges in Stock + OPM and GPP + OPM.

@Snark Since this has been brought up I think it's best I draw your attention. :) 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The contract system seems to have an issue with the Kopernicus update. We've seen another report of this kind already, but likely cannot be helped.

Orbit lines vanishing they way they are is not a bug. That's intentional and other planet mods may adopt it.

For your antenna problem this is the answer: OPM's antenna boost (that 4x multiplier) now does not activate if GPP is installed. With the size of GPP alone, we recommend installing JX2 Antenna to maintain the gameplay balance of the stock dishes, keep discrete antenna mod parts relevant, and to help out forum members who have attempted to chart the antenna ranges in Stock + OPM and GPP + OPM.

@Snark Since this has been brought up I think it's best I draw your attention. :) 

Thanks Jade! I´m not so happy with the vanishing lines ( e.g. flying to grannus means that I can´t see the flight trajectory when I zoom out of Gael ). 

"OPM´s antenna boost" just for my correct understanding, the biggest JX antenna ( I already have the JX mod installed)  has 1000G regularly. In my case the antenna does only have 250G. The second largest one (300G) only has 75G atm. That´s how it should be? 

10 minutes ago, Phil Kerman said:

Thanks Jade! I´m not so happy with the vanishing lines ( e.g. flying to grannus means that I can´t see the flight trajectory when I zoom out of Gael ). 

"OPM´s antenna boost" just for my correct understanding, the biggest JX antenna ( I already have the JX mod installed)  has 1000G regularly. In my case the antenna does only have 250G. The second largest one (300G) only has 75G atm. That´s how it should be? 

The part about Grannus is unfortunate. That may be an oversight.

I haven't played much with antenna mods to be sure but if the JX2 antenna is being nerfed then its patch which undoes OPM's boosts is now backfiring.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The part about Grannus is unfortunate. That may be an oversight.

I haven't played much with antenna mods to be sure but if the JX2 antenna is being nerfed then its patch (which undoes GPP and OPM's boosts) is now backfiring.

That´s what I thought. The 1/4 range problem is not only comming with JX2 antennas. All my antennas (stock and mod) have only 1 / 4 of the range they should have per description. 

Any idea what to do? That would be awesome, cause some of my rockets that are on flight to Hox/Leto/Grannus have serious connection problems now :wink: