[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

36 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Have you tried all of the individual scoop parts and not just one of them many times?

That was it.  Turns out there were three parts I'd unlocked so far (2x 1.5m and 1x 2.5m), and only one of them had the info card saying "Resource Harvester".  The parts named KA-400LA  and KA-800LA do not harvest Karbonite, while the KA-400LX does indeed scoop up tons of Karbonite.  The descriptive text for each is the same, so I of course tested the wrong two parts over and over in various configurations ;)

Thanks again!  Oh, and @kraden - not from Alaska, but I do take my name from the trail through the mountains there.

It looks like the GPP system is currently unstable under Principia. Specifically, Lili is unstable. Principia throws the following error:

Error extending trajectory for Lili. Error trying to fit a smooth polynomial to the trajectory. The approximation error jumped from +1.00000000000000002e-03 m to +4.00995340641059447e+06 m at time +1.68000000000000000e+04 s. The last position is [+1.05568043503001562e+12 m, -2.99553896685761523e+12 m, +1.21045269292656754e+11 m] and the last velocity is [+1.89846332517051669e+04 m s^-1, -2.05990259056742289e+04 m s^-1, -5.74156160497057272e+02 m s^-1]. An apocalypse occurred and two celestials probably collided because your solar system is unstable.

and Lili flops around on a very strange non-conic trajectory that intersects the surface of Tellumo. This was experienced in KSP 1.5.1 with the latest versions of both GPP and Principia, but since this is related to system stability the KSP version shouldn't matter too much.

As a stopgap, I'm taking Lili out of my game for now. 6.4x scale + Kerbalism makes Tellumo an unattractive target in general, anyways, so it's not like it's a crippling loss.

So, huh, clouds? I have the textures inside the relevant folder, EVE and scatterer, but there are no clouds and EVE's configuration indicates "No config! Please add a config with the content of "EVE_TEXTURE_CONFIG{}" to populate."

So, what's missing?

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, IncongruousGoat said:

It looks like the GPP system is currently unstable under Principia. Specifically, Lili is unstable.

GPP was never designed to be stable under Principia.  I'm actually a bit surprised that Lili is the only issue.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Shad_The_Knight said:

okay, is there a way to turn Lili's orbit trail back on?

Just add the following config somewhere inside your GameData folder.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[GPP]
{
	@Body[Lili]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@mode = 3
		}
	}
}

So riddle me this...

Spoiler

Is it possible to land long-term on either Icarus or Thalia without exploiting the time-warp bug?  Even if I send a test craft that is essentially all radiators, they eventually overheat at 1x time warp.  Could this be a bug with my local heat dissipation setup due to mod conflicts, maybe?  I'm intent on landing some Kerbs there long-term, but it feels like cheating to have to warp to keep structures from 'splodin after a few minutes.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

GPP was never designed to be stable under Principia.  I'm actually a bit surprised that Lili is the only issue.

JadeOfMaar would like to disagree:

On 8/23/2017 at 11:11 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

It should. Great care was taken to ensure that GPP is mathematically sound in all areas. if any specific config is needed however, for GPP to load with Principia then that does not exist.

39 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

JadeOfMaar would like to disagree:

Great care was taken in many areas, but a few things were done just because we thought it would be cool without regard to realism.  @JadeOfMaar may have assumed everything was Principia compatible because of the care taken in most cases.  But since I'm the one who set all the orbital parameters, I can assure you that compatibility with Principia was not a prime consideration.

In that case, our sincerest apologies for providing such a terrible mod, however, you're asking for Principia compatibility and JadeOfMaar specifically states that any compatibility patch does not exist as provided by GPP officially.

Secondly, on behalf of the developers of GPP... we kinda don't really care about that. If you want Principia compatibility, feel free to create a patch with other members of the Principia community.

1 hour ago, Chilkoot said:

So riddle me this...

Hide contents

Is it possible to land long-term on either Icarus or Thalia without exploiting the time-warp bug?  Even if I send a test craft that is essentially all radiators, they eventually overheat at 1x time warp.  Could this be a bug with my local heat dissipation setup due to mod conflicts, maybe?  I'm intent on landing some Kerbs there long-term, but it feels like cheating to have to warp to keep structures from 'splodin after a few minutes. 

Thanks!

Excess heating on Icarus and Thalia is providing using the HazardousOcean feature in Kopernicus*.  What HazardousOcean does is it simply adds X degrees to the temperature of a vessel every Y seconds.  So in that case I'm not sure if it's really possible to dissipate the heat.  It's likely a vessel's temperature will continually rise until it reaches a critical temperature and parts begin to explode.  Eventual destruction may be inevitable, but I don't know enough about how it works to say with absolute certainty.

* Kopernicus has replace HazardousOcean with HazardousBody.  We've updated GPP to use HazardousBody, but it hasn't been released yet.  HazardousBody provides more flexibility than HazardousOcean, so we may be able to produce some safe areas on Icarus and Thalia that are not subject to excess heat (like perhaps the poles).  We'll take it under consideration.

2 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Excess heating on Icarus and Thalia is providing using the HazardousOcean feature in Kopernicus*...

Thanks very much for the insights, Bob.  I have a soft spot in my heart for Thalia, and am determined to colonize and eventually terraform it one day ;)

I have an army of Karborundinator Mk II's filling up Thalia's planetary warehouses with fuel in preparation for The Great Awakening (haven't decided what that actually is yet...  but it's gonna be *dope*!).

On 2/27/2019 at 1:45 AM, kraden said:

@juanml82 you sure you did the install correctly?  I've found that if I have an issue related to the mod, I usually missed a step.

@Chilkoot I have not, it's quite a ways away from where I lived.  I do miss hiking/camping/generally being outdoors there.

I was quite literally missing the clouds folder :blush:

6 hours ago, Poodmund said:

In that case, our sincerest apologies for providing such a terrible mod, however, you're asking for Principia compatibility and JadeOfMaar specifically states that any compatibility patch does not exist as provided by GPP officially.

Secondly, on behalf of the developers of GPP... we kinda don't really care about that. If you want Principia compatibility, feel free to create a patch with other members of the Principia community.

Hey, it's fine. If you're not promising Principia compatibility, then I'm not going to expect it to be compatible with Principia out of the box. I was just pointing out that the system, in its current default state, is unstable under N-body simulation. This isn't a complaint or a criticism; it's a statement of fact, for the information of other people who, like myself, might be looking to use the pack with Principia.

I don't expect you to go out of your way to provide support. That's my problem.

1 hour ago, danfarnsy said:

I'm giddy with anticipation. :wink:

Don't get too excited.  There's not much to it, just some internal stuff.  And to be honest, I'm not sure if or when it will ever release.  The changes were made months ago and it's just been sitting there.  Since GPP is working as is, nobody seems motivated to push an update.

Quick question, Scatterer was just updated and it looks amazing.. But will GPP need some config updates for compatibility? Just want to know if I can update my scatterer or if I should hold off for now.

30 minutes ago, CoriW said:

But will GPP need some config updates for compatibility?

It will. And I believe it will be taken care of soon.

So I'd say hold off for a moment.

Same goes for SVE users too, btw.