[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

7 hours ago, bdole92 said:

Addendum: After monkeying around a bit, i think i've come to the point where i'm just going to leave scatterer uninstalled and keep EVE installed. Its not quite as pretty, but it seems to more or less work as intended. If anyone has any suggestions on getting scatterer to work though i'd be grateful to hear them!

Exactly what I did since I was too lazy to do a complete reinstall of GPP… might do that later though

It still looks pretty sweet too so hats off to the devs.

Edited by Daedalus3000

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 6:35 PM, Daedalus3000 said:

Ok this is an old post but I’m currently having the exact same problem. Reinstalled scatterer and still wonky. I see the contents of the GPP_scatterer folder look the same as the contents of the scatterer folder except one has configs for stock and the other for GPP.  Do I need to replace the scatterer folder with the contents from the GPP one? Also in logs this line is spammed:

[EXC 11:25:12.238] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
scatterer.SunFlare.updateProperties () (at <36bf44bca099450cb9f22f4b65b82426>:0)
scatterer.SunflareCameraHook.OnPreRender () (at <36bf44bca099450cb9f22f4b65b82426>:0)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I can send the full logs but this seems to be the issue 

I haven’t reinstalled GPP and have a lot of mods, but no other visuals except for EVE

ping also @Yukkine @bdole92

I found why this Scatterer black sky bug happens and a fix for it.
For a technical explanation, see https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/issues/70.
For a fix, apply these changes to your GPP config files (or just download the 3 updated files and replace the originals): https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/pull/71/files

On 7/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, Tuupertunut said:

ping also @Yukkine @bdole92

I found why this Scatterer black sky bug happens and a fix for it.
For a technical explanation, see https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/issues/70.
For a fix, apply these changes to your GPP config files (or just download the 3 updated files and replace the originals): https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/pull/71/files

Can confirm that this works… this is amazing! thanks for this!

Here's the video:

And here's some screenshots:

screenshot2246.png?width=1043&height=586

screenshot2247.png?width=1043&height=586

screenshot2265.png?width=1043&height=586

screenshot2270.png?width=1043&height=586

screenshot2291.png?width=1043&height=586

screenshot2322.png?width=1043&height=586

screenshot2323.png?width=1043&height=586

NGL @Galileo to say this was my favorite planet pack would be a very big understatement. The creativity and effort shown in this pack is amazing and shows what the greatest artists can do. I love this pack, you did an amazing job!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cosmickalamity said:

Does this mod work with Ad Astra? I'm trying to find a way to improve the terrain textures.

No.  Ad Astra is made specifically for JNSQ and won't work with anything else.  I don't think there are any third-party mods that will replace GPP's terrain.

Hi, I have encountered with some problems with Scatterer and GPP.
All works pretty good at the KSC, planets surface and tracking station, but from orbit it looks like the planet have no atmosphere.
Also, ocean is not visible, but I can fix this by disabling ocean shaders in scatterer settings.

I play with GPP v.1.6.5.0 at KSP v.1.12.2;  Scatterer version is 0.055

Here is screenshot of my GameData folder:
Game-Data-Screenshot.png

Some screenshots from the game:

Spoiler

Flight.png

KSC.png

Tracking-Station.png

Log is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15ziN6vzz75-AnUrhQtKvpUJMwZpD3wP9?usp=sharing

I'm also having Scatterer issues. Just... different ones.

KSP 1.12.2, GPP 1.6.5.0 (w/ the small scatterer patches for the sunflares, earlier in the thread), Scatterer 0.0772, and a lot of other mods.

KSP.log and installed mods (ckan export, one or two might be missing)

The issue I'm having is with the atmospheric scattering being visible through terrain. This includes the color bands of the sky, as well as the glow around the sun.

hnlauE2.png

Another, less obvious but possibly related issue, is the sunflare getting hidden before the sun hits the horizon (so for a while you can see the sun without the sunflare), as well as a few instances of the sun (not the flare) being visible through the ground as well. I don't really know how Scatterer works, but it sort of sounds like it doesn't know where the ground is, perhaps?

20 hours ago, cosmickalamity said:

Ah ok ty, I assume I should stop running parallax with GPP then?

There are no Parallax configs written for GPP, so there's no point having it installed.  Would be best to uninstall it.  We hope to make GPP Parallax compatible as some point in the future, but there's no schedule for making that happen.

Edited by OhioBob

• 2 weeks later...

I have encountered a weird issue.  I am landing on Ceti from orbit, and at alt = 23500m Ceti disappears and I appear to be floating in space, although all the readouts remain unchanged.  As I descend, at about alt= 1000m Ceti's surface fades into view.

•  KSP V1.12.2, no DLCs, 
  • Galileos-Planet-Pack-1.6.5.0, 
  • Kopernicus-1.12.1-59
  • Kerbalism 
  • Grannus Expansion Pack

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Version 1.6.6.0

Changelog

• Added Optional Mods: GPP_Rescale for 2.5x and 10x versions of GPP.
  • Added extra launch sites to MechJeb2 config.
  • Added HazardousBody to gas giants.
  • Updated scatterer configs and fixed bugs.
  • Updated CelestialBodies.pdf.
  • Updated KK things to only be read when KK is installed and not when GPP_Secondary is installed. (No more KSC++ on Squad Kerbin.)
  • Revised atmospheres (surface pressure unchanged, heights may be different).
  • Revised rotationPeriod and/or intialRotation of many celestial bodies.
  • Revised flying altitude thresholds.
  • Revised NavBall switch radius multipliers.
  • Revised Lili's fade limits to fix frame rate drop.
  • Deleted MyRocksAreBiggerThanYours plugin (now part of Kopernicus). 
  • Deleted GPP KSPedia (doesn't work in current KSP version).
  • Deleted unused MapDecal and FlattenArea in GPP_Secondary.
  • Miscellaneous other fixes and updates.

This update includes many important updates, bug fixes, and improvements.  This does not include any of the texture or terrain changes that have been hinted about (that's still a work in progress).  We're releasing these changes ahead of schedule to correspond with similar updates to JNSQ and GEP.

The update is certified to work only with KSP 1.12.1 or newer.  It may work with older KSP versions, though it has not been tested and support will not be provided.

Atmospheres have been redone to provide conformity across all Team Galileo products.

The changes to rotation periods and initial rotation may break existing geosynchronous satellite networks.  Additionally, moon bases may find themselves facing a different direction - perhaps no longer with a line-of-sight to the planet.  If you suspect your existing save may be damaged, then either consider not updating, or be prepared to redo, abandon, or correct the damage.

Adding GPP_Rescale to an existing save is not recommended.

For more information about Rescale mods, read here.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by OhioBob

9 hours ago, cosmickalamity said:

I guess I'm doing something wrong then. I went straight up for a bit, pointed west since Gael was to the west and burned. I doubt that's efficient lol

When I do it, I pitch over almost immediately and start accelerating horizontally.  Just make sure you get enough altitude to clear the terrain and not crash into a mountain.  I also usually go eastward, though that's not necessarily a must.  As soon as the apoapsis reaches a sufficient height, say 10-15 km, cut the engines.  Now coast up to apoapsis and burn the engines again to circularize the orbit.  This will place you in a safe parking orbit around Ceti (or whatever moon it is).

The next thing to do it perform the burn to set the vessel on a trajectory back to Gael.  It's been a long time since I returned from Ceti, but I think the correct location to perform the burn is at about 135° from retrograd.  In other words, let say we have a clock face with 12:00 pointed toward Gael.  If orbiting eastward (retrograde), then set the maneuver node at about the 1:30 position, and if orbiting westward (prograde), at about 4:30.  You want to make it so the trajectory of the vessel as it leaves Ceti's sphere-of-influence is roughly parallel to Ceti's orbit and traveling in a retrograd direction.  You want the trajectory to intercept Gael at a periapsis that is neither too high nor too low.  I generally target a periapsis altitude of about 25 km.

Doing as I describe above, I think a reasonable amount of delta-v to budget is 600 m/s for the ascent to orbit, and 250 m/s for the return trajectory to Gael.  And if you're really efficient, you should be able to beat those numbers.

21 minutes ago, captainradish said:

Out of curiosity, my Woomerang launch site seems to be underground. What did I do wrong?

Apparently you didn't do anything wrong because it's underground for me too.  I'll have to figure it out.  An update might be forthcoming, but I want to wait awhile to see if any other problems turn up.

(edit)  If I find the solution I'll post a patch here so you don't have to wait for a new release.

Edited by OhioBob

25 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

The thread header states that this mod is for 1.8.1+, and yet your latest update message states 1.12.1 and above. Out of curiosity, why the discrepancy here?

Because the latest update was made by other members of the dev team, but the @Galileo isn't around (yet) to update the OP