[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, JohnMillimetron said:

I have just updated GPP, and the quality of planets textures became very low, but in the settings, however, all is set to max values. Whats the problem?

you have downloaded one of the lower quality textures, redownload the texture again with higher resolution

Edited by ffx

4 hours ago, JohnMillimetron said:

I have just updated GPP, and the quality of planets textures became very low, but in the settings, however, all is set to max values. Whats the problem?

If you haven't already done so, delete the settings.cfg file inside your root KSP folder and restart the game.  Then select the GPP_High* setting for terrain detail.  Make sure to also set all the terrain and rendering settings to their maximum.  (You'll also have to reselect all your other settings as KSP rebuilds the deleted cfg.)  This might help.  If not, I'll need more information.

* At present it might show something like "#LOC_GPP_TerrainDetailPreset_High" because we accidentally omitted the description from the localization files.  It should be the far right setting on the slider.

2 hours ago, ffx said:

you have downloaded one of the lower quality textures, redownload the texture again with higher resolution

GPP textures have only one resolution.  Only the clouds have high and low resolution options.

Edited by OhioBob

On 9/25/2021 at 12:27 AM, The Minmus Derp said:

The thread header states that this mod is for 1.8.1+, and yet your latest update message states 1.12.1 and above. Out of curiosity, why the discrepancy here?

Only the one who created the given thread can update the thread title. OhioBob is not Galileo.

Hi all, 

I have struck an annoying bug.  The game plays OK for a while, and then suddenly I am no longer able to create a maneuver node.  Saving the game and reloading  fixes this.  But it is annoying because I am trying to play the game in hard mode.  Any ideas on how to fix?  I am using latest  version of everything.

Just installed GPP Rescaled to 2.5x and am getting a glitch where the KSC extension is really far off to one side, was wondering should I install KKtoSD or would that break the rescale, or should I just manually move everything over to where it should be?

(image of issue) https://imgur.com/a/tytef5b

Edited by QuantumNight12

On 9/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, QuantumNight12 said:

was wondering should I install KKtoSD or would that break the rescale

KKtoSD hasn't been a thing for quite some time.  I think what it use to do is now built into SD.  But since we're not using Sigma Dimensions anyway, it's not applicable.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:35 AM, TaintedLion said:

Why are all the gas giants excessively bright? I'm using the 2.5x rescaled version and low-res clouds.

I don't know.  It's been that way for quite awhile and I've made no attempt yet to figure out what's causing it or how to fix it.

(edit) I've figured it out and will fix it in an upcoming patch.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:22 AM, jinnantonix said:

I have struck an annoying bug.  The game plays OK for a while, and then suddenly I am no longer able to create a maneuver node.  Saving the game and reloading  fixes this.  But it is annoying because I am trying to play the game in hard mode.  Any ideas on how to fix?  I am using latest  version of everything.

That doesn't really sound like an issue related to GPP.  You might have a problem somewhere else.  You probably need to go through the usual debugging steps to figure out what's causing it.

Edited by OhioBob

5 hours ago, QuantumNight12 said:

Just installed GPP Rescaled to 2.5x and am getting a glitch...

The Rescale configs haven't been fully tested so there are bound to be problems.  I made sure that all the planets loaded up correctly and that scatterer and EVE were working.  I also had a short check list of other things to look at and verify, but I never checked any of the KK stuff.  I'm not sure what's required to make that stuff work, we'll have to look into it.

If any other bugs turn up, please let us know.  Rescale is still largely a work in progress.

Edited by OhioBob

Bugs I've found using 2.5x GPP + GEP (will edit if I find more):

- Essentially sunset occurs before ciro sets below the horizon, seems to match up with terminator line rather than orbital sunrise/set line however I can't be 100% they line up (definitely only visual as seen in this pic as solar panels still recieve power despite visually being in the dark - https://imgur.com/a/egWVUuj)  -   https://imgur.com/a/d7IYjLH,  https://imgur.com/a/of9QQRr

- When entering Tellumo's atmosphere, all blue in the atmopshere dissapears until below the cloud layer, I'd guess a scatterer issue that may be with all bodies when entering their SOI and atmo for the first time as once below the cloud layer the issue is gone (above/below cloud layer - https://imgur.com/a/7sYTo3M)

- Been playing career w/ strategia and contract configurator and everything is working properly and going well, having loads of fun love this mod guys hadn't played it for 2 years and am loving being back!

Edited by QuantumNight12

Stupid question, where do I get GPP Rescale? I can't seem to find any version of rescale compatible with any newer than 1.3

I also cannot find part rebalancer, either on ckan or forums/google

I tried dropping the old rescale (10x) in without Sigma and got no rescale while breaking several buttons i,e, cannot enter the tracking station and cannot leave the tech tree

Edited by y2kcobrar

5 hours ago, OhioBob said:

It is part of the GPP download, inside a folder titled "Optional Mods".

Found it all, thanks!

However...10x seems to put the entire space center below ground. You can pan the camera down until it clips into the terrain and see it. Looks to be just slightly deeper than the VAB is tall.

It's also doing the same thing that using the old rescale files did by breaking buttons, can't access tracking station, VAB, SPH, can enter but unable to exit tech tree and astronaut complex. I thought maybe it was KK but still doing it. Removing the rescale fixes the facilities/buttons.

Fresh install with GPP/Rescale first does not break the facilities so that must be some other mod conflict, however the KSC is still below ground. You can still launch as the rocket is placed a few meters above ground, but even in flight the KSC is not visible.

Edited by y2kcobrar

5 hours ago, y2kcobrar said:

However...10x seems to put the entire space center below ground. You can pan the camera down until it clips into the terrain and see it. Looks to be just slightly deeper than the VAB is tall.

I have no idea what's going on.  I first created these Rescale configs back in May and at that time I tested all this and it was working fine.  Now I'm getting reports of stuff being buried or floating.  Obviously I need to investigate and figured out the problem.  There are definitely going to be some patches released, not only for GPP but also JNSQ and maybe GEP.  Perhaps next week.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

I have no idea what's going on.  I first created these Rescale configs back in May and at that time I tested all this and it was working fine.  Now I'm getting reports of stuff being buried or floating.  Obviously I need to investigate and figured out the problem.  There are definitely going to be some patches released, not only for GPP but also JNSQ and maybe GEP.  Perhaps next week.

No worries! Just glad to have a rescale honestly! 

Something else I've noticed, Scatterer is still strongly applying haze to the craft up to 150km. I dug around in the configs and couldn't find anything obvious that would correlate.

Also when looking near the horizon it appears that the surface grids do not extend far enough. Depending on the view angle you can get some pretty decent gaps. This also fades when scatterers in atmosphere affects stop @ 150km

https://imgur.com/a/rZkBFue

On 9/26/2021 at 1:59 PM, QuantumNight12 said:

- Essentially sunset occurs before ciro sets below the horizon, seems to match up with terminator line rather than orbital sunrise/set line however I can't be 100% they line up (definitely only visual as seen in this pic as solar panels still recieve power despite visually being in the dark - https://imgur.com/a/egWVUuj)  -   https://imgur.com/a/d7IYjLH,  https://imgur.com/a/of9QQRr

I don't think this is a GPP/GEP issue.  I believe it is something inherent to scatterer.  If it bothers you enough, you can always play without scatterer.

- When entering Tellumo's atmosphere, all blue in the atmopshere dissapears until below the cloud layer, I'd guess a scatterer issue that may be with all bodies when entering their SOI and atmo for the first time as once below the cloud layer the issue is gone (above/below cloud layer - https://imgur.com/a/7sYTo3M)

I have not been able to reproduce this problem.  Everything looks normal to me.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, y2kcobrar said:

Something else I've noticed, Scatterer is still strongly applying haze to the craft up to 150km. I dug around in the configs and couldn't find anything obvious that would correlate.

I don't know what causes that.  If it's a config setting then it might be fixable, but it could be a scatterer bug that I can't do anything about.  The problem kicks in below the PQS deactivation altitude, which for 10x Gael is 150 km.  Strangely it only seems to happen at 10x scale.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, y2kcobrar said:

Also when looking near the horizon it appears that the surface grids do not extend far enough. Depending on the view angle you can get some pretty decent gaps. This also fades when scatterers in atmosphere affects stop @ 150km

https://imgur.com/a/rZkBFue

I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it.  GPP was never built to be played at 10x scale so there are bound to be some artifacts introduced when resizing it.  If it bothers you enough, you can always play without scatterer.

You might try deleting the Kopernicus cache, which are the *.bin files in the GPP Cache folder, though I'm not sure how much that will help.

Edited by OhioBob

GPP Patch

Many of the problems that have been discussed in this thread have been fixed, though we're still working on others.  We hope to release an update in about a week.  In the meantime, the following patch fixes some of the easier to correct issues.  Just download this file and place it anywhere inside your KSP/GameData/ folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1k6sxm5jmlbq7t/GPPpatch1660-2.cfg?dl=0

If anyone has trouble downloading the file, just copy and paste the following text into Notepad (or equivalent) and save it as a .cfg file.

This patch is no longer required if using GPP v1.6.7.0.

Edited by OhioBob

29 minutes ago, aikixd said:

This is how my rover test site looks like: https://imgur.com/cMyFTZi. My Kerbals were quite surprised.

I'm using the 2.5x scale version.

It is very doubtful that Rescale and KerbalKonstructs are compatible.  Rescale was never tested with the KK sites enabled.  If you're using Rescale, I recommend against using KK.

I'm having the same issue as JohnMillimetron, I have some super low quality textures. I have deleted settings.cfg and the option for GPP_High shows up but it doesn't change the quality of the planets. After a restart GPP_high goes away and it just says "New Text" on the texture slider and going up the highest it goes to is high. After going back into the main menu screen and back into settings it says "New Text" again. No slider adjustments make any quality changes as far as I can see. (I'm on 10x rescale if that makes a difference.)

Thanks for your awesome mod, hope you can help out :)

Edited by manbearpig44

@manbearpig44, the GPP specific terrain detail options only appear first time after deleting setting.cfg.  Thereafter you won't see the GPP options, but the setting will remain set what you picked the first time.  If you ever have a need to change it, you need to delete settings.cfg again and start over.

As to why you are getting poor quality textures, I have no idea.  I don't have enough information to even make a guess.

10 hours ago, manbearpig44 said:

@OhioBob Anything I can send your way to help you out?

First of all, when you say you have low quality textures, I don't even know what that means because it could refer to several different things.  I need a better description of exactly what you're looking at an under what circumstances.  Give me some screenshots so I can see for myself.  Also, it is important that we rule out the possibility that some other mod is interacting with GPP to cause the problem.  So if you haven't already done so, either create a fresh install with just GPP and its dependencies, or uninstalled everything from your current installation that is not necessary to run GPP.  Also verify if the problem occurs just at 10x scale or if it occurs at 1x as well.  That should be enough to get us pointed in the right direction.  May need more information later.

Also bare in mind that GPP was designed to play at 1x, not 10x.  What you're seeing may be a natural and unavoidable consequence of stretching the textures to fit something 10 times the intended size.