[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, MacGregor said:

Just installed this mod a week or so ago, and wanted to say that I am very impressed! Sadly, I have been having this weird problem where the game freezes when I am coming down out of time warp.  Again, the game freezes but produces no error message. Typically, this is when I go from level 5 warp to a lower speed. It occurs whether in flight mode, map mode, or tracking station. It happens nearly every time, and is rendering the game all but unplayable. I am running a number of other mods but when I uninstalled GPP this problem does not occur. Does anyone, have any ideas? I would love to be able to play with the mod.  

This issue has been reported numerous times but I have yet been unable to reproduce the problem.  It has been reported that it only happens in career mode but I can't confirm that.  Until I get a bug report with clear and detailed steps on how to reproduce the problem, I won't be able to find the cause or fix it.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Does the Galileo team have plans to integrate Rational Resources or is that already considered "baked-in" to the planets?

Rational Resources includes a GPP config, so it might already support GPP.  @JadeOfMaar is the person who can confirm this.

On 11/23/2021 at 10:57 AM, OhioBob said:

This issue has been reported numerous times but I have yet been unable to reproduce the problem.  It has been reported that it only happens in career mode but I can't confirm that.  Until I get a bug report with clear and detailed steps on how to reproduce the problem, I won't be able to find the cause or fix it.

I've been encountering this bug on my recent career save and I've been able to recreate it fairly consistently in my main save and in two other test saves I created. At the two test saves I've recreated the bug just by completing the contracts until the one that you have to orbit Gael, after that I put a spacecraft on low Iota orbit either using cheats or normally and on the return trip to Gael the warp bug happens.

Here's one video showing one of the attempts of recreating the bug: https://youtu.be/Y_V7TNWb-DI

And here's the log and screenshot of the in game console of one of the attempts: https://github.com/BrunoCambiano/KSP-GPP/blob/main/Desktop/Log.txt ; https://imgur.com/6w0xGxg

I've installed the GPP through CKAN and these are the mods I'm currently running:

• Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux - 1.11.6.1
  • GPP - 1.6.8.0
  • GPP HighRes Clouds
  • GPP Textures - 4.2.1
  • Kopernicus - Release-70
  • ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.10.0
  • Module Manager - 4.2.1

The KSP version is 1.12.3, I hope I'm able to at least understand what is causing this bug so I could try to find a way to play a career campaign using GPP.

I'll report that have also experienced this, on two saves in a row, the second of which I didn't even have anything in space, it just seems to happen if I warp down after ~70 days of gameplay. Unfortunately, I'm running a sort of "high-risk" mod set (i.e. featuring at least one mod marked as not compatible with 1.12), so I don't particularly think posting a save would be helpful, as I could just be having unrelated issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 10:56 AM, F41SC4 said:

I've been encountering this bug on my recent career save and I've been able to recreate it fairly consistently in my main save and in two other test saves I created. At the two test saves I've recreated the bug just by completing the contracts until the one that you have to orbit Gael, after that I put a spacecraft on low Iota orbit either using cheats or normally and on the return trip to Gael the warp bug happens.

Here's one video showing one of the attempts of recreating the bug: https://youtu.be/Y_V7TNWb-DI

And here's the log and screenshot of the in game console of one of the attempts: https://github.com/BrunoCambiano/KSP-GPP/blob/main/Desktop/Log.txt ; https://imgur.com/6w0xGxg

I've installed the GPP through CKAN and these are the mods I'm currently running:

• Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux - 1.11.6.1
  • GPP - 1.6.8.0
  • GPP HighRes Clouds
  • GPP Textures - 4.2.1
  • Kopernicus - Release-70
  • Module Manager - 4.2.1

The KSP version is 1.12.3, I hope I'm able to at least understand what is causing this bug so I could try to find a way to play a career campaign using GPP.

Also experiencing this with the same "barebone" mods, same version of KSP 1.12.3, upon exiting or just slowing down the warp speed when my trajectory is an encounter with Iota. Anyway I can help more?

18 hours ago, se1rahc said:

Also experiencing this with the same "barebone" mods, same version of KSP 1.12.3, upon exiting or just slowing down the warp speed when my trajectory is an encounter with Iota. Anyway I can help more?

There's one thing you might try.  Delete the file settings.cfg from your KSP folder and restart the game.  This will force you to reselect all your game settings.  Then see if the problem still exists and report back.

This may not do anything, but the last GPP version made some changes to the terrain detail settings.  Perhaps not deleting the old file is creating an issue.  It's worth checking to either rule it in or out as a cause.

7 hours ago, OhioBob said:

There's one thing you might try.  Delete the file settings.cfg from your KSP folder and restart the game.  This will force you to reselect all your game settings.  Then see if the problem still exists and report back.

This may not do anything, but the last GPP version made some changes to the terrain detail settings.  Perhaps not deleting the old file is creating an issue.  It's worth checking to either rule it in or out as a cause.

I deleted the settings.cfg file and reloaded my save. The bug happened again.

However, I started a new career and I haven't encountered the bug yet. Looks like it worked? Thanks for the tip :)

Edited by se1rahc

2 hours ago, se1rahc said:

I deleted the settings.cfg file and reloaded my save. The bug happened again.

However, I started a new career and I haven't encountered the bug yet. Looks like it worked? Thanks for the tip :)

I'm not ready to say we've found the solution yet, but let's keep our fingers crossed.  Let me know if it continues to work or if the bug reoccurs.

To others who have reported this problem, you might want to give this possible solution a try and see what happens.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:34 AM, OhioBob said:

I'm not ready to say we've found the solution yet, but let's keep our fingers crossed.  Let me know if it continues to work or if the bug reoccurs.

To others who have reported this problem, you might want to give this possible solution a try and see what happens.

Update on this : I've been encountering the bug at random intervals now. It's hard to pinpoint what is going on exactly. Seems to be happening close to planets/moons, when slowing down warp. When it happens, it's no use loading a previous save on the same orbit. It crashes again 100% of the time.

I will try a fresh install + only GPP to try to isolate the problem and let you know.

4 hours ago, se1rahc said:

Update on this : I've been encountering the bug at random intervals now. It's hard to pinpoint what is going on exactly. Seems to be happening close to planets/moons, when slowing down warp. When it happens, it's no use loading a previous save on the same orbit. It crashes again 100% of the time.

I will try a fresh install + only GPP to try to isolate the problem and let you know.

So, it took a while, but eventually I had the bug happened again with a fresh install and only base mods installed. However, I did transfer my old career save.

• GPP - 1.6.8.0
  • GPP HighRes Clouds
  • GPP Textures - 4.2.1
  • Kopernicus - Release-71
  • Module Manager - 4.2.1

It was close to Gael, coming back from Iota.

On 11/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, OhioBob said:

UPDATE

Version 1.6.8.0

Changelog:

• Added DeployedScience config.
  • EVE fixes to improve compatibility with JNSQ.

This mod is not compatible with Scatterer v0.0825b, please use v0.0772.

DOWNLOAD

v0.0772 don't worked no scatter loaded. I tried on v0.0830 worked fine scatter loaded but too thick can't see land look like ocean. Planets mods from Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey & Galileo's Planet Pack.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

15 hours ago, OhioBob said:

It works fine for me.

Nope not worked for me, I opened right Alt+F10 worked but can't setting. v0.0830 only 1 planets (home) worked but many planets no scatters.
I was tried fresh KSP install & GPP with scatters but v0.0772 still no scatter anymore.

Edited by Wolves_Hero

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

If it works for me, it ought to work for you.  You're likely doing something wrong, but I can't guess at what it might be.

Nope, I installed right thing. I founded scatterer was broken on Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey when added GPP (this mod).

GPP alone with v0.0772 scatterer worked without Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey.

Shame v0.0772 don't work on Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey only worked on newer v0.0830

Edited by Wolves_Hero

3 hours ago, Wolves_Hero said:

Shame v0.0772 don't work on Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey only worked on newer v0.0830

From what I can tell, we can't mix stuff that's configured for v0.0772 with stuff that's configured for v0.0830.  It would have been nice had Scatterer included backwards compatibility so that stuff configured for the old version still worked with the new version, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  A planet pack that's updated can no longer be used with one that's not updated, and vice versa.  It's an unfortunate situation.

Some content has been removed.

Folks, let's please remember that modders put in many thankless hours to give us shiny toys for free.  As such, they don't owe us anything-- rather the reverse.  Accordingly, please understand that it's never appropriate to complain or make demands.  If you don't like a mod, don't use it.  If you choose to use it, that means all responsibility for any problems you have with it is yours, not the modder's.  Yes, even if it's because of a bug in the mod.

It's great to provide constructive feedback, if there's a problem you think the modder may not be aware of.  Beyond that, though, please try to stay polite.

Thank you for your understanding.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, se1rahc said:

So, it took a while, but eventually I had the bug happened again with a fresh install and only base mods installed. However, I did transfer my old career save.

• GPP - 1.6.8.0
  • GPP HighRes Clouds
  • GPP Textures - 4.2.1
  • Kopernicus - Release-71
  • Module Manager - 4.2.1

It was close to Gael, coming back from Iota.

Hey, so I think I may have a clue about the bug.

I've been having these weird glitches where when I am in warp, the map shows a different trajectory when if I am not in warp.

Link to video https://youtu.be/X8hVjpHR5Ec

When coming out of warp, if there a difference between actual position and expected position, that could maybe cause the crash?