[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

I am trying to get both GPP and GEP installed while having the stock sun as primary, when having both installed only 1 sun orbits Grannus without the planets and it isn't even called Ciro.  it mentions this in the README notepad:

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[GPP_Secondary]
{
    @Body[Ciro]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            @referenceBody = 
            @inclination = 
            @eccentricity = 
            @semiMajorAxis = 
            @longitudeOfAscendingNode = 
            @argumentOfPeriapsis = 
            @meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 
            @epoch = 
        }
    }
}

Can you please explain more? where do I write this? and what numbers do I put? I have no idea how this works lol

I have placed the GPP textures and GPP_secondary files and GPP clouds file into my gamedata.  Could you please tell me how to create and where to put a sample file with all the numbers that fixes the orbit? It would be truly appreciated!

2 hours ago, Apoptosis said:

I am trying to get both GPP and GEP installed while having the stock sun as primary, when having both installed only 1 sun orbits Grannus without the planets and it isn't even called Ciro.  it mentions this in the README notepad:

(snip)

Can you please explain more? where do I write this? and what numbers do I put? I have no idea how this works lol

I have placed the GPP textures and GPP_secondary files and GPP clouds file into my gamedata.  Could you please tell me how to create and where to put a sample file with all the numbers that fixes the orbit? It would be truly appreciated!

You don't have to write anything.  The stuff in the ReadMe is for those who want to install GPP_Secondary with some unique primary star system that requires Ciro's orbit to be modified.  Since you want to install GPP with the stock sun, then none of that applies.  GPP_Secondary should work fine as is, you just have to install it correctly.

Since you want the stock sun as primary, then you need to install GPP, GPP_Secondary and GEP, and, of course, you also need GPP_Textures.  If done correctly, you should have the stock solar system as primary, Ciro orbiting the Sun, and Grannus orbiting Ciro.  No star should orbit Grannus.

Since it's not working you, it's likely something was installed incorrectly.  The folder structure for GPP and GEP can be a little confusing.  For instance, in the GPP download the folder structure for GPP_Secondary is as follows:

OptionalMods
     GPP_Secondary
          GameData
               GPP_Secondary

It is the second GPP_Secondary folder that gets installed into your GameData folder, not the first.  The best thing to do is drill down until you find a "GameData" folder.  Then drag and drop the GameData folder from the GPP download to your root KSP folder.  This should correctly merge all the necessary folders and files into your KSP installation.

19 hours ago, OhioBob said:

You don't have to write anything.  The stuff in the ReadMe is for those who want to install GPP_Secondary with some unique primary star system that requires Ciro's orbit to be modified.  Since you want to install GPP with the stock sun, then none of that applies.  GPP_Secondary should work fine as is, you just have to install it correctly.

Since you want the stock sun as primary, then you need to install GPP, GPP_Secondary and GEP, and, of course, you also need GPP_Textures.  If done correctly, you should have the stock solar system as primary, Ciro orbiting the Sun, and Grannus orbiting Ciro.  No star should orbit Grannus.

Since it's not working you, it's likely something was installed incorrectly.  The folder structure for GPP and GEP can be a little confusing.  For instance, in the GPP download the folder structure for GPP_Secondary is as follows:

OptionalMods
     GPP_Secondary
          GameData
               GPP_Secondary

It is the second GPP_Secondary folder that gets installed into your GameData folder, not the first.  The best thing to do is drill down until you find a "GameData" folder.  Then drag and drop the GameData folder from the GPP download to your root KSP folder.  This should correctly merge all the necessary folders and files into your KSP installation.

Oh thanks!!! it worked by getting the GPP_secondary inside the gamedata file into my game data folder.

I only have 1 minor texture issue with GEP when having both GPP and GEP installed, Sirona turns completely white(but thunders still visible) and Nodens's s aurora becomes very thick.

when having just GEP installed this doesn't happens and both planets are absolutely perfect. I have AVP 8k installed along with EVE and scatterer v0.0772.

Any way to fix? 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2750059342

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2750059180

Edited by Apoptosis

15 hours ago, Apoptosis said:

I only have 1 minor texture issue with GEP when having both GPP and GEP installed, Sirona turns completely white(but thunders still visible) and Nodens's s aurora becomes very thick.

when having just GEP installed this doesn't happens and both planets are absolutely perfect. I have AVP 8k installed along with EVE and scatterer v0.0772.

Any way to fix? 

Neither GEP nor GPP have been tested with AVP.  With EVE and scatterer configs it's pretty easy for one mod to mess up another, so I'm guessing there's likely a conflict of some sort.  Try removing AVP and see if that fixes the problem.  If so, then you're probably just not going to be able to use GEP, GPP and AVP in combination.  It's something I might be able to fix for a future release, but it will time to diagnose and correct.  Instead of AVP, you might consider using Stock Visual Enhancements.  GEP and GPP were both made to work with SVE.

7 hours ago, SpaceCardelka129 said:

Can you help me? I am doing GPP career run without any heavy mods but my game keeps constantly crashing mostly when moving to VAB or Space Centre. Is there any way to fix it? Also sometimes clouds on planets can disappear or transfer into static image, is that normal?

Welcome to the forums.  I'm sure you'll find an answer to your problem here somewhere.

You will, however, need to supply more information than "it keeps crashing" since that's not much to go on.  There could be incompatibilities with the versions of KSP and mods you have installed.  Please read this topic

and try to provide the information requested.  Upload your log files and screenshots to a file sharing site, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc., and post the sharable link here. 

How are you installing your mods - manually or via CKAN?

On 2/19/2022 at 6:09 AM, SpaceCardelka129 said:

Can you help me? I am doing GPP career run without any heavy mods but my game keeps constantly crashing mostly when moving to VAB or Space Centre. Is there any way to fix it? Also sometimes clouds on planets can disappear or transfer into static image, is that normal?

I'm actually having a very frustrating time with this myself, but the game isn't crashing so much as freezing - no logs are being generated and I can't figure out what the hell is going on. Freezes on recovery, SOI change, landing, time warp.. none of the events seem to have anything in common either.

Edit: I suspect the culprit is actually Strategia but I cannot uninstall either it or GPP and still load the save to test further.

Edited by Randazzo

Freezing and crashing problems have been reported frequently since the last release of GPP.  But I've only heard from those that have had problems, not from those who haven't.  Therefore, I have no idea how widespread the problem is.  My own personal experience is that I've never had a problem and have been unable to recreate the bug.  Though, granted, I have not played extensively.  If there is anybody who has been playing GPP successfully without the reported freezes and crashes, I'd like to hear from you.  Please post a reply.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

Freezing and crashing problems have been reported frequently since the last release of GPP.  But I've only heard from those that have had problems, not from those who haven't.  Therefore, I have no idea how widespread the problem is.  My own personal experience is that I've never had a problem and have been unable to recreate to bug.  Though, granted, I have not played extensively.  If there is anybody who has been playing GPP successfully without the reported freezes and crashes, I'd like to hear from you.  Please post a reply.

I'm the opposite of what you're looking for, but I will say that the problems did not crop up immediately and I'm currently working my way into a GPP career without Strategia to test my assumption. I think it has something to do with the tracking of "firsts", contract requirements, and milestones - I'm not sure if those are all necessarily the same thing to the game, but it's the only thing I can land on that makes any sense. If the game would just crash once and generate a log it would be helpful.

I will report back if my career goes smoothly, or if it doesn't. ;)

Edit: And I do realize Strategia is not your baby, but since I whined here first...

Edited by Randazzo

On 2/27/2022 at 5:06 PM, OhioBob said:

Freezing and crashing problems have been reported frequently since the last release of GPP.  But I've only heard from those that have had problems, not from those who haven't.  Therefore, I have no idea how widespread the problem is.  My own personal experience is that I've never had a problem and have been unable to recreate the bug.  Though, granted, I have not played extensively.  If there is anybody who has been playing GPP successfully without the reported freezes and crashes, I'd like to hear from you.  Please post a reply.

Just a suggestion, would be good to get the system specs (specifically memory) from those people who are having problems.  I'm wondering if there is some sort of memory issue

On 2/27/2022 at 11:06 PM, OhioBob said:

As one of those who've had issues with GPP crashing, deleting the settings.cfg file and starting a new save solved it for me.

Got the freezing thing too.  I got the mod, started a new save, and my first vessel that returned from Iota hits the freeze every time it unpacks from time warp close to Gael.  That is, I can come in and out of timewarp in Iota's SOA, and I can do it when I am in high Gael orbit, but once I get close enough (not sure what distance is) it'll lock up every time.

Here are the logs here, but I sure don't see any telltales when I look at them :huh:

ksp.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArmF2ajumPvrhZsnU40MTyxU6mwSZQ?e=AXUai0

player.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArmF2ajumPvrhZsmXCVuGaTkyrOWrA?e=xogVD1

saved game: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArmF2ajumPvrhZso1pqrDTT8fyYItA?e=gLZa5a

My guess is that it has to do with unpacking textures for Gael.

Oh, and I've done a bit of KSP modding, and, although I'm a bit rusty, I used to regularly debug my mod under the Visual Studio + Unity debugger, so I could give it a go since I have a sure-fire repro.  (Though I'm not for-sure sold on the idea that it's actually looping in the mod.)

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to play around with it a little bit more today.  First I created a sandbox mode game, loaded in the same craft I used in my previous game (a career mode game), went to Iota, landed, came back, no problem.  Then I opened my old career mode save and validated that loading back into the craft returning from Iota caused the same freeze as before (again, when you leave time warp near Gael).  Then I launched the same craft just to orbit of Iota - no problems on that flight, but loading the craft from Iota causes the same freeze.  Then I tried another flight to high Gael orbit - again success on the flight but the craft that landed on Iota still causes the lock.  Then I again created the same craft and put it so that it went into Iota's SOI (fly-by - no landing) and fell back towards Gael but again, got the freeze when the craft got close to Gael and I left time-warp.  Then I created a new career mode game, cheated up the tech tree and facilities to max, launched a mission to Iota's SOI, and that one came out of time warp just fine, splashed down, and then, when I clicked "Recover Vessel", alas, it froze again.  I reloaded the game, went to the tracking station, switched to the craft and it locked up immediately.  Reloaded the game, back to the tracking station and recovered the craft from there, no problem.  Then I launched a new mission, landed on Iota, returned, splashed down on Gael again, recovered the vessel and...  locked up again.

I am ready to believe that Milestones have something to do with it, but I would expect that sort of thing to always happen at vessel recovery time, not the other reported times.

I don't think memory is the problem.  My machine has 32gb, and KSP rarely uses over 10 for me.

My previous theory was that it had to do with something graphics-related doesn't seem to line up with it sometimes freezing on time warp and sometimes freezing at vessel recovery (and the other times other folks have encountered it.)

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Fanshi said:

KSP 1.10.1, GPP 1.6.8, Im trying to use 2.5x scaling and ksc ends up being buried https://imgur.com/jUQMpgt

We don't officially provide support for KSP versions older than 1.12.1.  That being said, it could be that your terrain detail needs to be reset.  Delete the file settings.cfg in you root KSP folder, restart the game, and reselect all your settings.  I suggest using terrain detail GPP_High.

Don't know if this is helpful, but I'm experiencing this isse with a completely new install of KSP, and the only mods I'm using are the latest GPP and pre-requisites (the exact  versions listed in installation instructions.

More importantly, I've found a way to avoid the freezing issue (with varying degrees of success) by breaking time warps into shorter sections, so far I've only orbited the two moons in career but the crashes have only ever happened on escape / encounter trajectories, (usually before but sometimes after the transition) never on orbital/suborbital. Once I returned from a mission, I launched another one with the same crew and I haven't had the problem since. I think it may be milestone or milestone-contract related.

A probably unrelated issue: I have only tourists showing up in my astronaut complex and the only recruits that I can hire are the ones for rescue contracts and if I do it they don't actually join (again, no mods other than GPP)

Are "KSC2" and "Island Airfield" the only alternate launch sites currently? I can see Woomerang in the tracking station view, but I can't unlock it. I set 'show hidden bases' to true in KK settings, but KSC, KSC2, Woomerang, and Island Airfield are the only sites I can see on the map. Also using 2.5x GPP_Rescale.

edit: Ah I see in LaunchSites.cfg they're disabled with rescale.

Edited by Rodger

I've come across an issue with GPP_Renamer. It was somehow causing only pilots to spawn in the astronaut complex. This was a sandbox save where I just hired every available kerbal a few times in a row:

unknown.png

I removed just the GPP_Renamer folder, and now I'm getting a mix of pilots/scientists/engineers again.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, david9000 said:

Are the breaking ground surface features taken from the stock planets?

Yes, the stock surface features have been reused and scattered about on the GPP planets and moons.

Is GU (galaxies unbound) compatible with this planet pack?

No special accommodation has been made for it, but since I don't know anything about GU, I don't know.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:58 AM, Rodger said:

I've come across an issue with GPP_Renamer. It was somehow causing only pilots to spawn in the astronaut complex. This was a sandbox save where I just hired every available kerbal a few times in a row:

I removed just the GPP_Renamer folder, and now I'm getting a mix of pilots/scientists/engineers again.

We're planning to remove the renamer in the next update.

Is there any news about the Scatterer configs? I've found that with the recommended version I saw (0.0772), I'm getting weird screen-drawing issues when landing on Iota and Ceti (presumably other atmospheric bodies are the same, and atmospheric ones not tested):