[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

19 hours ago, Rodger said:

I started a new save after it started happening to me, and now I’m 5 years in to the new save with no crashes. Might be worth a try.

Tried it, now I just crash after time warping for a while even without an SOI change. Any mod that are known to mess with things? I've heard that OPT can sometimes do this.

Edited by Artificer_Drachen

9 minutes ago, Artificer_Drachen said:

Tried it, now I just crash after time warping for a while even without an SOI change. Any mod that are known to mess with things? I've heard that OPT can sometimes do this.

Also make sure that when starting a new game you delete settings.cfg in your KSP folder.  You'll have to reselect your settings the next time you start KSP.

The last release of GPP made some changes to terrain detail presets.  So by not reselecting your terrain detail in the settings, it could possibly cause a problem.  I'm not sure it has anything to do with the crashes, but let's make sure.

Regarding some of you having issues with game freezing/crashing when you change SOIs, no logs, no errors, nothing. I dont know if it helps but it has happened to me some time ago but with another (outdated) planet packs. I tested them in my 1.8 install and they worked fine, so I assumed that Kopernicus was the problem, and since I wasn't going to revert to and earlier Kopernicus version I just uninstalled those mods and move on.

The planet packs that I was using were Low Light Levels Red, Low Light Levels Blue and Blinding Light Levels. Every time I changed SOI around one of the planets/moons/stars of those mod the game freezed. Don't know if any of this helps in any way. Just letting you know that kind of error happens also with other planets packs and not just GPP

Just now, Forked Camphor said:

The planet packs that I was using were Low Light Levels Red, Low Light Levels Blue and Blinding Light Levels. Every time I changed SOI around one of the planets/moons/stars of those mod the game freezed. Don't know if any of this helps in any way. Just letting you know that kind of error happens also with other planets packs and not just GPP

Thanks for the information.  I have suspected for some time that GPP is not the root cause of this problem.  So while your experience is certainly not proof of this, at least I now know that the problem is more widespread than just GPP.

Alright I've inserted a sat into range for a visual scan of Thalia. I was able to move the first probe over to Eta so at least I'll get the Thalia system mapped. I'm not sure it'll be worth dropping a rover down to Thalia's surface. I don't know how I can build something that will handle the heat! I'm loving the biome names though so maybe I can sort something out later on. Thank you to the GPP team!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv484vbz1z40feo/screenshot11.png?dl=0

18 hours ago, originalusername said:

I 'm having a really annoying issue: For some reason Gael looks pink when up close but fine in map view. FYI this was tested this with only the required mods for the "basic installation"

That's a Kopernicus issue.  Those colors were included in GPP for debugging back during development.  They are suppose to be turned off, but for some reason in the more recent versions of Kopernicus they are being activated.  The fix is to remove the colors, the below patch should do it.  Just copy the following into a plain text file, save it with a .cfg extension, and place the file anywhere inside your GameData folder.

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{	
				@LandControl
				{
					@landClasses
					{
						@Class,*
						{
							@color = 0,0,0,0
							@noiseColor = 0,0,0,0
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}			
	}
}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit: cancel that. Silly thing with Windows where choosing to create a .txt file from the Explorer is not the same as opening Notepad and saving a from there (one is a .txt no matter the name, the other is actually a .cfg). Thanks a bunch for the solution!

Hi,

I'm having that same "pink everywhere" issue. I tried the above solution, copying the code in a "removepink.cfg" plain text file, and putting that in my GameData folder, but to non avail.  At this stage I've uninstalled and re-installed a clean copy with just the minimum mods for GPP. 

Is there anything else I should have done? A specific name for the file? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by AlfyB

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Mimos said:

Any idea why this is happening?

In tracking station, texture is fine. Same with once I get above the atmosphere. Only visual mods I have are real plume and engine lighting. No scatterer or EVE.

I do have the low res clouds installed, though. And GPP textures was autobundled in CKAN with GPP.

Try downloading the "ColorFix.cfg" here: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-138

• 4 weeks later...

The freezing bug bothered me enough to download unity and see what was going on. Good news, found the issue.

The problem of freezing during (or close to) SOI change is caused by a problem in the contracts system. Specifically, the tourism contract. When you reach the SOI, the game refreshes the contracts and for some reason the TourismContract goes mad and keeps creating new Kerbals for the contract in a loop.

Why is this happening with GPP? No idea, I didn't go that far. In any case, you can avoid the issue by disabling the Tourism contracts. You can do that for an existing save by setting:

TourismContract = False

In the StockContractParametersTemplate section of your save file. If you are starting a new game, just disable the Tourism contracts in the options

This also explain why this was a career only issue.

Edited by Razhan

2 hours ago, Razhan said:

The freezing bug bothered me enough to download unity and see what was going on. Good news, found the issue.

The problem of freezing during (or close to) SOI change is caused by a problem in the contracts system. Specifically, the tourism contract. When you reach the SOI, the game refreshes the contracts and for some reason the TourismContract goes mad and keeps creating new Kerbals for the contract in a loop.

Why is this happening with GPP? No idea, I didn't go that far. In any case, you can avoid the issue by disabling the Tourism contracts. You can do that for an existing save by setting:

TourismContract = False

In the StockContractParametersTemplate section of your save file. If you are starting a new game, just disable the Tourism contracts in the options

This also explain why this was a career only issue.

Thank you so much for investigating this.  It is great to finally have a fix.

@Gotmachine, could this be a stock bug worthy of inclusion in KSP Community Fixes?  I don't know if it happens anywhere other than GPP.

I wonder if the Kerbal Renamer has anything to do with it.  As far as I know, GPP is the only mod that uses it.  I plan to remove it in the next release.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Any ETA on the next release?

Unfortunately, not at this time.  I've made good progress on the update, but then I just needed to take a break and get away from it for awhile.  I should be able to finish once I get back to it, but I have no estimate of when that will be or how long it will take.  I'm hoping maybe before the end of the year, but I make no promises.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Razhan could you try removing the Kerbal Renamer to see if that fixes the problem? If it does, then maybe im's not a stock bug

That would be very helpful if it could be done.  To remove the renamer, just delete the folder GPP_Renamer.  I think you'll have to start a new game after that.

42 minutes ago, Razhan said:

@OhioBob @linuxgurugamer Yup, removing the Kerbal renamer did the trick. I didn't even had to start a new game, the same I have that is about to cross the Iota SOI no longer freezes when the renamer is removed, and I can see how the tourism contracts are regenerated with Kerman surnames

That's good news.  Thanks for testing it.

The renamer I always thought was a little bit buggy (and not always the most popular feature of GPP), so I already decided to remove it for the next release.  Hopefully that will fix all future freezing problems.  I find it strange, however, that this problem suddenly appeared.  The renamer has been a part of GPP since the beginning, and it never use to do this.  Perhaps there was a change in KSP that caused it and the renamer to no longer play well together.  

@Gotmachine, just to keep you updated, it appears the kerbal renamer that GPP uses may be the culprit.  So for now I don't think any other action is needed.  If we learn anything more that could use a community fix, I'll let you know.

Edited by OhioBob

18 minutes ago, Ravlain said:

Just loaded this up (2.5 Rescale) and it looks great, but I was wondering if anyone has a delta-v map for 2.5, or can point me at how to derive the figures from the base delta-v map?

Mutliply the values in the provided delta-v map by square root of 2.5.

At 2.5x scale, the orbital Δv requirements are multiplied by √2.5 ≈ 1.5811, or perhaps slightly more because low orbits are closer to the bodies compared to their radius.

The ascent/descent Δv requirements are a complex combination of the surface gravity, orbital velocity, rotational velocity, TWR, and (if there's an atmosphere) the atmospheric characteristics and even the ballistic coefficient of your rocket, so they generally need to be determined experimentally. They're usually somewhat less than √2.5 times the value at 1x scale, especially if there's a thick atmosphere.

Edited by Leganeski

On 11/16/2016 at 2:55 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

GPP's own configs for Sigma Dimensions have been discontinued and removed. To upscale GPP, see Rescale! Comprehensive SD Configs.

(@OhioBob as well as Jade.)

I'm trying a new 2.5x playthrough and want to make sure I've got the correct version of dependencies before going too far. Gael's atmo height is 91km so I suppose I'm rescaled, but I do have some logfile nullrefs to diagnose.

Which version of SD does GPP and Rescale need? I ask because CKAN wants to install SD 0.9.8 while Github has SD 0.10.8. Will SD 0.9.8 break KSP 1.12, or will 0.10.8 break GPP and Rescale?

Which version of Scatterer syntax does GPP use; the end of the Scatterer 0.07x line, or can it use the latest 0.08x? I searched this thread and didn't find an answer but that might be because of the quirky search engine. I installed Scatterer 0.0772 and it seems to be working.

Which version of Kopernicus? Planets packs seem to be less finicky about Kopernicus than they are about Scatterer, so I'm using the newest Kopernicus.

Edited by DeadJohn