[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, DeadJohn said:

(@OhioBob as well as Jade.)

I'm trying a new 2.5x playthrough and want to make sure I've got the correct version of dependencies before going too far. Gael's atmo height is 91km so I suppose I'm rescaled, but I do have some logfile nullrefs to diagnose.

Which version of SD does GPP and Rescale need? I ask because CKAN wants to install SD 0.9.8 while Github has SD 0.10.8. Will SD 0.9.8 break KSP 1.12, or will 0.10.8 break GPP and Rescale?

Which version of Scatterer syntax does GPP use; the end of the Scatterer 0.07x line, or can it use the latest 0.08x? I searched this thread and didn't find an answer but that might be because of the quirky search engine. I installed Scatterer 0.0772 and it seems to be working.

Which version of Kopernicus? Planets packs seem to be less finicky about Kopernicus than they are about Scatterer, so I'm using the newest Kopernicus.

It doesn't use SD or Rescale, just install one of the GPP_Rescale mods that come with the main download. And yes scatterer 0.07x. You'll also want to remove the GPP\GPP_Renamer folder.

8 hours ago, Rodger said:

It doesn't use SD or Rescale, just install one of the GPP_Rescale mods that come with the main download. And yes scatterer 0.07x. You'll also want to remove the GPP\GPP_Renamer folder.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Notes say that GPP_Rescale disables secondary KK launch sites. I like exploring homeworlds, so I might try patching the patch to keep runways, or just stick to the old unsupported Rescale and SD where KK might work. I need to do more testing. I'll also need to remember my approach is unsupported and not ask about any wonkiness it causes.

11 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

(@OhioBob as well as Jade.)

I'm trying a new 2.5x playthrough and want to make sure I've got the correct version of dependencies before going too far. Gael's atmo height is 91km so I suppose I'm rescaled, but I do have some logfile nullrefs to diagnose.

Which version of SD does GPP and Rescale need? I ask because CKAN wants to install SD 0.9.8 while Github has SD 0.10.8. Will SD 0.9.8 break KSP 1.12, or will 0.10.8 break GPP and Rescale?

Which version of Scatterer syntax does GPP use; the end of the Scatterer 0.07x line, or can it use the latest 0.08x? I searched this thread and didn't find an answer but that might be because of the quirky search engine. I installed Scatterer 0.0772 and it seems to be working.

Which version of Kopernicus? Planets packs seem to be less finicky about Kopernicus than they are about Scatterer, so I'm using the newest Kopernicus.

I recommend the most current stable Kopernicus (which at the time of this writing is build 139).  For Scatterer we recommend v0.0772 (GPP has not been updated for v0.08x).

As far as SD and Rescale goes, I haven't been paying any attention.  I assume you want to use the most recent, but I don't know for sure.  However, you really don't need to use either.  GPP comes with it's own rescale mod for either 2.5x or 10x that doesn't require SD.  I don't know if it is available through CKAN, but it comes with the GPP download and can be installed manually.  You can find it under "OptionalMods" in the downloaded .zip file.

38 minutes ago, Rodger said:

I've manually re-enabled the launch sites in 2.5, it just takes some editing in KK to 're-seat' them on the surface properly, they will definitely be wonky to start with

If you created a new cfg to patch KK, please share your patch.

I suspect you edited an existing GPP cfg with a text editor or the KK interface, and the "no derivatives" license prevents sharing. @Galileo will you authorize a limited share just to get KK sites working at 2.5x scale?

6 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

If you created a new cfg to patch KK, please share your patch.

I suspect you edited an existing GPP cfg with a text editor or the KK interface, and the "no derivatives" license prevents sharing. @Galileo will you authorize a limited share just to get KK sites working at 2.5x scale?

Galileo isn't around much anymore so I doubt you'll get a reply.  Changing any part of GPP and redistributing it would be a violation of the license.  However, I think all the needed changes could be done via a separate config without actually changing any of GPP's files directly.  Creating such a config and distrubuting it should be fine.  I would have no problem with that.

Edited by OhioBob

3 hours ago, Syczek said:

To research bodies work with gpp secondary do i have to tinker around with configs or not??

I've never tried it, but it looks to me like the GPP Research Bodies settings are intended for primary mode.  Though it makes no distinction between primary and secondary, so the same settings will likely work in secondary mode as well, even though those settings may not really be appropriate for secondary.  It could probably use some tinkering.  Also note that the Research Bodies settings uses the name "Kerbin", which applies only to primary.  In secondary it is named "Gael".

9 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I've never tried it, but it looks to me like the GPP Research Bodies settings are intended for primary mode.  Though it makes no distinction between primary and secondary, so the same settings will likely work in secondary mode as well, even though those settings may not really be appropriate for secondary.  It could probably use some tinkering.  Also note that the Research Bodies settings uses the name "Kerbin", which applies only to primary.  In secondary it is named "Gael".

Managed to tinker it out switch dependency from GPP to GPP_Secondary and works nicely

15 hours ago, OhioBob said:

That's good.  I'm going to try to fix it for the next release.

While u at it,try to make gpp_secondary more reliable,like disabling gpp_renamer stuff,because it cause alot problems,like pestering we have gael space center not kerbal etc

1 hour ago, Syczek said:

While u at it,try to make gpp_secondary more reliable,like disabling gpp_renamer stuff,because it cause alot problems,like pestering we have gael space center not kerbal etc

The renamer is going to be deleted from the next release.

42 minutes ago, Syczek said:

@OhioBob  Is possible to make Gpp clouds affect only gpp system, so I could use AVP in stock system

That's something I'm going to look into for the next release.  But presently I don't have a solution.

Edited by OhioBob

@OhioBob  or other GPP players. Are you using SigmaReplacements and KSP 1.12.x?

I'm getting intermittent crashes to desktop while changing scenes (entering VAB, recovering vessels). Disabling Sigma Replacements seems to have fixed the problem. This post confirms I'm not an isolated case https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Replacements/issues/89

I'm not asking for anyone to actually debug my install, just wondering if things are working for others, and if maybe someone has already identified which Sigma Replacements DLL modules can/cannot safely be used with GPP.

10 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

@OhioBob  or other GPP players. Are you using SigmaReplacements and KSP 1.12.x?

I'm getting intermittent crashes to desktop while changing scenes (entering VAB, recovering vessels). Disabling Sigma Replacements seems to have fixed the problem. This post confirms I'm not an isolated case https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Replacements/issues/89

I'm not asking for anyone to actually debug my install, just wondering if things are working for others, and if maybe someone has already identified which Sigma Replacements DLL modules can/cannot safely be used with GPP.

I waiting for GPP and GEP to be fully compatible with AVP but i when played with those,removing Sigma Replacements was mandatory because it causes me few crashes. I used GPP secondary and GEP

Edited by Syczek

4 hours ago, M - Kerbonaut said:

I am useing GPP secondary but i don´t get any surface featuers from breaking ground. I read that gpp is removing the stock featuers to create new and there is a config which look like that, but even the "new" don´t show up. Is that normal?

It looks like there's an error in the config.  GPP adds BG surface features to the GPP planets only when GPP is installed in its normal primary mode.  But then it removes all BG surface features not added by GPP regardless of whether it is installed primary or secondary.  It should remove those features only in primary mode, not secondary.  Or else it will strip the stock planets of all their surface features.  I think the fix is to add a no GPP_Secondary condition to the removal.

Try this... Find the file GPP/GPP_Configs/GPP_ROCdefinitions.cfg, and change the first line to the following:

!ROC_DEFINITION:HAS[~Mod[GPP]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]:LAST[GPP] {}

6 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

I've been made aware that Sigma Renamer has been causing crashes, but this is the first I've heard of any issues with Sigma Replacements.  I've already decided to delete the Renamer from the next release.  I might have to delete the Replacements as well.

Edited by OhioBob

15 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I've been made aware that Sigma Renamer has been causing crashes, but this is the first I've heard of any issues with Sigma Replacements.  I've already decided to delete the Renamer from the next release.  I might have to delete the Replacements as well.

The crashes might be limited to only some parts of SR. There are 8 different DLLs and maybe I can leave some out to make things more (or less!) stable. I'm willing to experiment to help with next release. Which GPP replacements are you most interested in keeping? I can test with just those to see what happens.

The 8 DLLs are (red = leaning towards skipping, green = try keeping, black = don't know yet):

1. MenuScenes: Skippable? It looked nice at startup but didn't make a difference while playing. Worth leaving out for better game stability.
  2. MenuButtons: Same idea as MenuScenes, so skippable?
  3. Navigation: Skippable? I prefer the stock navball because the GPP one was more difficult to tell N,S,E,W when pointed upwards. If you are attached to the GPP navball, though, I'll test it more.
  4. Skybox: I would love an improved skybox but I didn't see much change here. Maybe my GPP skybox wasn't working and caused my crashes? It looked nothing like the 2017 image from @JadeOfMaar pasted below but maybe that's not the official GPP skybox.  Can you point me to a sample of what the working skybox should look like?
  5. Descriptions: I'm not quite sure what this does for GPP. Flavor text for crew?
  6. Textures: No idea what this does. Does GPP use it at all?
  7. Heads: I'd like to use this.
  8. Suits: I'd like to use this.

zKRi1ph.jpg

19 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

The crashes might be limited to only some parts of SR. There are 8 different DLLs and maybe I can leave some out to make things more (or less!) stable. I'm willing to experiment to help with next release. Which GPP replacements are you most interested in keeping? I can test with just those to see what happens.

The 8 DLLs are (red = leaning towards skipping, green = try keeping, black = don't know yet):

1. MenuScenes: Skippable? It looked nice at startup but didn't make a difference while playing. Worth leaving out for better game stability.
  3. Navigation: Skippable? I prefer the stock navball because the GPP one was more difficult to tell N,S,E,W when pointed upwards. If you are attached to the GPP navball, though, I'll test it more.
  4. Skybox: I would love an improved skybox but I didn't see much change here. Maybe my GPP skybox wasn't working and caused my crashes? It looked nothing like the 2017 image from @JadeOfMaar pasted below but maybe that's not the official GPP skybox.  Can you point me to a sample of what the working skybox should look like?
  5. Descriptions: I'm not quite sure what this does for GPP. Flavor text for crew?

I'd like @JadeOfMaar to give his oppinion on this.  As far as I'm concerned, it can all go.  None of it is worth keeping if it has the potential to cause problems.  The only possible exception that I wouldn't mind keeping is the Skybox**, but only if we can be certain it is working bug free.  The rest of it I've never really been a big fan of, and I certainly wouldn't be broken hearted if the skybox goes as well.  Generally speaking, I don't like frills and extras that do little to enhance the game.  The maintenance and risk of bugs isn't worth it.

** GPP has it's own sky box, assuming it is working.  Honestly, I haven't really noticed if it is or not.

Edited by OhioBob

On 9/2/2022 at 4:37 PM, DeadJohn said:

On 9/3/2022 at 11:33 AM, OhioBob said:

I'd like @JadeOfMaar to give his oppinion on this.  As far as I'm concerned, it can all go.

In short, yes, all could go. If by some miracle #5 is still working it could stay and get updated configs.

1. MenuScenes is skippable. It lets you customize the main menu screen to be something other than just the 3 kerbals floating in front of the homeworld, or the Mun crash scene. It's supposed to have the option of a green scene like Mun but on Gael, and I've tried adding more bodies to the sky for giggles. It might be unstable. Who knows.
  2. MenuButtons lets you customize the clickable texts on the main menu screen. Might require too much effort if you're just into playing the game and having a flashy space program.
  3. Navigation -- you should totally drop this one. I've had issues where when SAS is turned on, the SAS on symbol on the navball would tilt over and it's a bit of a bother to make it behave.
  4. GPP's skybox (when it works?) is one of Galileo's preferences which is really subdued and you won't see much apart from the black emptiness except (iirc) a yellow galactic plane.
  5. This is the one that adds backstory details and roleplay value to kerbals such as what University and major; some quirky fact(s) about them; a status or two.
  6. I don't remember that one either.
  7. The textures can hang around and be reconfig'd with Texture Replacer.
  8. Same as 7, however, I've seen the rise of a good few suit mods lately and I bet most folks would prefer those over GPP's own... benjee10 nailed 7 and 8, and HARD. 
  •  

Anyone seen anything like this before? Low over Iota, in 2.5 rescale.

15DwlRC.png

Looking forward is fine, but any other direction produces multiple overlaid images as the view moves.

0RTPFB0.png

Iota is the first body I've been close to, but the only similar issue I've seen on Gael is a ghost GSC for a couple of seconds after loading in.

Logs etc are available if needed.