[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, erik84 said:

I have a small problem with the new version of the galileo mod, a smooth configuration (with galileo pack 1.4 + copernicus 1.3 + GPPTexture 2.0.0) when loading the menu does not allow me to select the menu items, it remains locked. If I add the GPP Secondary mod option then I can only play the skepticism is that in the menu space the planets on the side of the sun have a greater brightness (from the eyes) is normal?
Can you play without GPP Secondary?
There must also be one of my added mods that goes into conflict because it does not even charge me the menu remains black screen and the icon at bottom right in continuous loading.
My mods are all up to date for ksp 1.3
Community Tech Tree 3.2.0
Cormorant Aeronology 1.3.0
CxAerospace Station Part 1.5
DMagic Orbital Science 1.3.10
Docking Port Alignment 6.7.0
KAS 0.6.3
KIS 1.5.0
Kerbal alarm clock 3.8.5
KER 1.1.3
Kerbal Konstructs 1.1.9.4
Kerbalisim 1.2.9
Manuever Node Evolved 2.3
Real Engines 1.8
Research Bodies 1.9.5
Relay Science 4.1
Trajectories 1.7.0
USI Colonization System 0.52.2 (it creates 2 errors when loading i will ask for explanations)
USI-LS 0-6.2.0
USITools 0.9.3

I still have to try adding KerbNet Controller

EDIT: The other versions had 2 possible installations, one for windows and one for mac and linux, the latter released version is linux compatible? Am I just for windows? Because at this point this may be my problem, I use linux instead of windows

The latest version works fine with Linux. Please post your output log and a screenshot of your gamedata folder. Use a third party website, like Dropbox, to upload your logs. Paste the link here. 

I suppose the output log that asks is this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2z17PNbvZXeQmg1V0VDTVJYekk

And here is the picture with the folders inside Gamedata, in this version without GPP Secondary: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2z17PNbvZXebHZ3Ny1Nbm5jb1E With this configuration loads the game and then does not show the menu and always stays in loading

7 minutes ago, erik84 said:

I suppose the output log that asks is this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2z17PNbvZXeQmg1V0VDTVJYekk

And here is the picture with the folders inside Gamedata, in this version without GPP Secondary: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2z17PNbvZXebHZ3Ny1Nbm5jb1E With this configuration loads the game and then does not show the menu and always stays in loading

Remove ModuleManager 2.8.0. You should only have 1 version. 

Just now, erik84 said:

Some mods are all within version 2.8.0 other 2.8.1 if I look at the folder of version 1.2.2 of those files I even have 3 2.6.25 - 2.7.5 - 2.8.1

You only need 1 version. Use the latest version. 

1 hour ago, erik84 said:

The problem persists https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2z17PNbvZXeX2tkZWozdm5keEU I also tried to restore version 2.8.0 and remove 2.8.1 but nothing

The quickest way to debug as to which mod is causing the problem is to make a complete backup of your install, select half of your mods, then cut them out to a separate folder and run the game. If the problem persists, cut half the remaining mods you have out to the separate folder and run the game. Rinse and repeat until the issue disappears, this should identify which small sub-collection of mods is causing the issue which should save you time finding the culprit.

As an aside, I have had discussions with a user of GPP who is having a similar issue when running the latest Kerbal Konstructs 1.1.9.4 Pre-release. Try removing that first and see if it solves the issue. If not, I suggest using the method above to pinpoint which mod is causing this issue for you.

I immediately tried to remove it but nothing, now I remove them one at a time until I find the culprit ... I can still say that galileo smooth without other mod only works if i load even secondary GPP if it is not locked in main menu and nn makes me select No voice

EDIT: I corrected, smooth works without GPP Secondary and Konstructor obviously still problems, now i try to figure out if there is anything else that creates problems

Edited by erik84

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

I assume you haven't actually tried landing on Iota yet? The terrain alone makes it challenging enough, also I don't find having an atmo on Iota realistic, which is what this pack strives for. 

I haven't yet, but if not Iota then the other moon, Ceti is it?

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor You may want to consider that Iota is more familiar with Minmus than with Mun, so it's far less capable of holding an atmosphere. The real Moon has an atmosphere (of loose Sodium atoms iirc) but it's so incredibly thin and short it's not worth factoring into any preparations.That aside, your mission report is very nice and pretty encouraging. :) The investment into your station will be worth it as science within Gael's SOI is much less abundant than in Stock.

I must say... I think you may be setting yourself up for a date with Kessler since you're dumping tanks and engines within the station's orbit.

Science with Kerbalism is very different, the lab doesn't give science, it turns samples into transmittable science, hopefully station science does more than that

@erik84 Remove Kerbalism or MKS. And don't try to mix life support mods. I see you have USI LS there too.

The USI mods depend on many under-the-hood features that are cut out by Kerbalism. If you keep Kerbalism and still get problems then don't keep Kerbalism. It is known to cause @CatastrophicFailure to KSP for some people.

Sorry bud, your name is golden. : D And it did happen to you...

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hey there, I hope this situation hasn't been solved already, but I hope you can help me out.

after doing a basic install with textures and GPP and Kopernikus the game moved on to the black loading screen with the loading icon and doesn't move on from that, is there a simple fix for this I am not aware of?

Edited by Xevelous
fatfingered enter button

I had them but I removed them, in version 1.2.2 they did not bother, and I used both pieces, I just use kebalism even if I do not have some pieces that I would gladly use. Were also beautiful pieces for colonization but I find more fun kerbalism then I give up at USI mod

4 minutes ago, erik84 said:

I had them but I removed them, in version 1.2.2 they did not bother, and I used both pieces, I just use kebalism even if I do not have some pieces that I would gladly use. Were also beautiful pieces for colonization but I find more fun kerbalism then I give up at USI mod

They likely never worked properly together. I would do some research before mashing mods together that are known not to work together

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

They likely never worked properly together. I would do some research before mashing mods together that are known not to work together

Ok ... I do not know how to tell you, the game loaded me everything, in the tree where I unlocked the pieces I had all the best split and when I built the rockets I had the USI pieces box and the kebalism piece box I used the USI pieces in the rocket With the kerbal and the kerbalism pieces in the station, I never docking them together

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@erik84 So you prefer Kerbalism? I recommend you use this instead for your base building needs. There's a matched rover mod if you like rovers.

The rover knows him, the other I look for it and then I try it, even with the updated version I can not run the research body, it does not show me the building, and mod ker works abnormally over how I used it until 'Now, that is, even if I did not mount the board on the rocket I still saw the data of orbit vessel and so on ...

1 hour ago, Xevelous said:

Hey there, I hope this situation hasn't been solved already, but I hope you can help me out.

after doing a basic install with textures and GPP and Kopernikus the game moved on to the black loading screen with the loading icon and doesn't move on from that, is there a simple fix for this I am not aware of?

I deleted all the mods, then I installed only Galileo, kopernicus and gpp textures, with the secondary gpp worked but nn interested me, I deleted it then I installed the mod konstruktor but I also deleted that and after the game started to Work, then I started installing the mods a couple at a time and now it seems to work all properly

1 hour ago, erik84 said:

I deleted all the mods, then I installed only Galileo, kopernicus and gpp textures, with the secondary gpp worked but nn interested me, I deleted it then I installed the mod konstruktor but I also deleted that and after the game started to Work, then I started installing the mods a couple at a time and now it seems to work all properly

What is "nn" sorry, its been a while since I've done ANYTHING with KSP (like 2014 maybe...) so I might need a bit more explanation.

@erik84, you should follow what @Galileo suggests.  Something like extra Module Manager .dll's aren't necessarily the cause of any issues, but it's important to be organized and thorough in installing your mods.  I've fixed a number of machines by carefully disassembling and reassembling them without actually knowing what I fixed, except that I must have resolved the fault just by putting things back together right.

(As for Module Manager, extra ones of different versions shouldn't normally be a source of problems.  Because nearly every mod has included MM for years, @sarbian ended up putting in code a few years back to handle that.  Multiple MM's negotiate and only one of the most recent version should continue run.  However, it's better to careful installing all mods and only have one of the most recent in your GameData directory.)

8 minutes ago, Xevelous said:

What is "nn" sorry, its been a while since I've done ANYTHING with KSP (like 2014 maybe...) so I might need a bit more explanation.

In italy it abbreviates "no" with "nn" as negation of something in english would dont (if I remember well, i'm using Google translator my english is bad otherwise) i ran away while i wrote

After I decided to delete Grannus to get rid of solar panels bug, the surface of Gael turned black. Are these events connected, and if so is there a way to fix it? I didn't install any mods or change anything else in between, only deleted Grannus's .bin and .cfg files.

8 minutes ago, Jacke said:

@erik84, you should follow what @Galileo suggests.  Something like extra Module Manager .dll's aren't necessarily the cause of any issues, but it's important to be organized and thorough in installing your mods.  I've fixed a number of machines by carefully disassembling and reassembling them without actually knowing what I fixed, except that I must have resolved the fault just by putting things back together right.

(As for Module Manager, extra ones of different versions shouldn't normally be a source of problems.  Because nearly every mod has included MM for years, @sarbian ended up putting in code a few years back to handle that.  Multiple MM's negotiate and only one of the most recent version should continue run.  However, it's better to careful installing all mods and only have one of the most recent in your GameData directory.)

I that mm.dll file did not understand it very well as it works, if i mod each one of them has its MM file but with a different version, mod with the MM minor version works with a more up to date version? But then I wonder why every mod must have its MM? I make a trivial example, Galileo has a MM 1.8.0 then put a KER mod (I did not mind at the moment) that has a MM version equal to or less the same mode works the same? How can the library be updated if the mod is different? May be silly questions but legitimate for me

1 minute ago, erik84 said:

I that mm.dll file did not understand it very well as it works....

Here's a way the MM .dlls could do that, in the spoiler.

Spoiler

1. All the GameData .dlls get loaded by KSP.

2. Each in turn gets a chance to initialize.

3. Each MM .dll does a test against the list of other .dlls and checks if there are other MM .dlls loaed

4. If there are more than one MM .dll and the current one initializing isn't the latest version (it sees another MM .dll of a later version), it terminates itself.

5. If there are more than one MM .dll and the current one initializing is the latest version and see another MM .dll of the same latest version has yet to initialize, it terminates itself.

6. If there are more than one MM .dll and the current one initializing is the latest version and there are no more MM .dll of the same latest version yet to initialize, it will be the working copy of MM and it can continue as usual after finishing its initialization.

7. The only MM .dlls left to initialize won't be the latest version and by #4 will just terminate themselves when they initialize.

Only one MM .dll of the latest version will be running.