[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Can you do an ultra-low flyby and avoid its atmo by a hair's width? :P 

Challenge Ac......denied :wink:

Actually, I'm sending a science craft to try and return to Gael. I ignored trying to use Hox and got this result. Puts me at a Pe between Tellumo and Gratian in 93y with only a 1.6 degree inc. relative to Gael. It took 3100ms deltav and a 61ms plane change right outside of Gael SOI.

PHLtd3l.png

On 10/6/2017 at 10:07 AM, billybob579 said:

If you do make it happen, please let me know. The realization that OPM can be used to get planets around Grannus is absolutely awesome, but I'd love to have some terrestrial bodies there too and the stock system seems great for that.

Not.. sure if I should say this... but I recently started playing with planet mod cfg files.  I have been able to adjust the GPP_OPM.cfg file to include the stock system with the OPM planets around Grannus.  I pulled everything in to a 66% orbit distance (default was scaled from 100% to 70%), renamed the stock planets backwards (i.e. "Nibrek"; except Eve, which I called "Mada"), put 'Oolee' where OPM likes it, and even modded the DistantObjectEnhancement to accommodate.  Some day, when my relay network is at an acceptable state, I will visit these foreign yet familiar bodies...
I even added another planet mod in at a further distance than Grannus, but the 400+ years it is taking my sandbox test ship to get there tells me I will never make it there in the game I am actively playing...  >.>
But, adding all this to my existing game required me to go in and edit my save game, as many of the planets I had already visited had reference number changes (I had to do this when I upgraded from 1.3.0 dev version to the full 1.3.0 version for GPP, as well).  Namely, Iota, Tellumo, Lili, and all the "inner planets" (compared to Gael) had to be adjusted (as Tellumo was the furthest I had ever sent a vessel at the time of the addition).  Contracts also had to be adjusted (playing Career).

Edited by everchanging02
Additional notes...

Ok, so I made a dumb, and a couple weeks back, I added a version file to the GPP_Textures v3.0.0 download, thinking it might be helpful down the line. While it's not a big deal, I didn't think far enough ahead and made the max KSP version 1.3.0.... dumb me. That just means I will be re-uploading GPP_Textures v3.0.0 without the version file the next couple of days, so you aren't hit with incompatibility notifications every time you load up KSP.. Nothing will change besides that. It's just inconvenient for me to reupload, and will be annoying for the user to have to deal with every time KSP updates. Removing it just makes the most sense to me.

If you already have GPP_Textures v3.0.0, You can just go into GPP\GPP_Textures and delete the GPP_Textures.version (not the checker.cfg file (if you downloaded them within the last 2 weeks)

An update will be coming in the next few days, just wanted to give everyone a heads up, as to try and avoid the inevitable bug reports about incompatible textures :D 

Edited by Galileo

UPDATE

v1.5.3

• Update for 1.3.1
  • GPP_Secondary optimization
    • GPP no longer steals OPM if secondary is active.
    • Reduced the need for GPP_Secondary itself when GPP is installed with KSS or GN.
    • Ensured that actual Gael will appear for KSS or GN, and not a Kerbin clone.
    • Grannus looks more like a star.

Download and install instructions are in the OP.

CKAN will be held up until Scatterer's Netkan gets updated.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, Galileo said:

I'll have to check this. I figured we had this problem solved (We solved it with OPM obviously :D).

OK, I see the issue, but I am stumped as to what could cause it. My first guess is that it has something to do with GPP deleting/replacing all stock bodies. I dont know why exactly but that would explain why OPM works fine (it doesn't replace anything). More testing will need to be done to see if its possible to fix.

@Galileo - Confirming, this biome issue is resolved with Kopernicus 1.3.1-2 and GPP 1.5.3.  Thanks to you and @Thomas P. for tracking it down.  :)

How will this mod interact with other mods that extend the science missions like xScience and DMagic Orbital Science (since the solar system changes)?

Also, I have a career underway but I haven't been to Muna yet nor have ships orbiting Earth. Am I still at risk of breaking the savegame if I use this mod?

1 hour ago, 1990eam said:

How will this mod interact with other mods that extend the science missions like xScience and DMagic Orbital Science (since the solar system changes)?

Also, I have a career underway but I haven't been to Muna yet nor have ships orbiting Earth. Am I still at risk of breaking the savegame if I use this mod?

GPP replaces all of the planets, so it's going to present problems for any craft you have built - on planet or off. Also you're science collected so far will be for biomes that no longer exist since Kerbin is replaced with Gael.

I'd suggest creating a new KSP install, get it up and running with GPP, add in all your current mods and make sure the game runs with a new save. If everything runs properly, try copying over your existing save and seeing what happens.

3 hours ago, 1990eam said:

xScience worked fine with 1.3.0. I expect no issues with the newer versions

7 hours ago, Gael said:

Hi Guys.
I have an issue installing GPP. the game crashes while loading.
I have a new installation, with the last kopernic added.
any idea?

Click on the red link in @Galileo signature please.

6 hours ago, Black-Two- said:

Are the altitudes for semi-synchronous orbit available anywhere?

Semi-synchronous? No. That kind of thing would be nice to have, as you mention it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I’m fighting with GitHub right now and the horrid upload speed. The DL will be down for a little bit.  

EDIT: its back up thanks to Jades insanely fast upload speeds. 

Edited by Galileo

6 hours ago, 1990eam said:

3 hours ago, Gilph said:

xScience worked fine with 1.3.0. I expect no issues with the newer versions

DMagic Orbital Science also works well with GPP.  I've been using it, as well as xScience, since 1.2.2 in GPP.

52 minutes ago, Black-Two- said:

Are the altitudes for semi-synchronous orbit available anywhere?

Not listed, however you can calculate them by using the following:

Semi-Synchronous Orbital Height = ( ( ( Grav. Constant * Body Mass ) * ( Body Sidereal Period / 2 ) ^2 ) / ( 4 * pi^2 ) ) ^ ( 1/3 ) - Body Radius

Grav Constant = 6.67408 × 10-11 m^3 kg^-1 s^-2

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎10 at 12:09 PM, monstah said:

I'm pretty sure he knows already :wink:

21 hours ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

v1.5.3

• Update for 1.3.1
  • GPP_Secondary optimization
    • GPP no longer steals OPM if secondary is active.
    • Reduced the need for GPP_Secondary itself when GPP is installed with KSS or GN.
    • Ensured that actual Gael will appear for KSS or GN, and not a Kerbin clone.
    • Grannus looks more like a star.

Download and install instructions are in the OP.

CKAN will be held up until Scatterer's Netkan gets updated.

a thousand times thank you! I'll eagerly wait

49 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you are referring to CKAN, then you don’t need to wait, it’s up and ready for download :) 

installed :D WELL. (updating) no criticism intended, I'll keep it short sweet and ultimately fair,  something went buggy and ksp crashed. more then likely it's probably to do with scatterer 
I'll try back on it. gotta love updates and mod hiccups. ah well. thanks again I really do appreciate the effort

Edited by junoberries
needed up make an update and saw no reason to create an additional post