[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

17 hours ago, Dizezed Zebra said:

Sorry, I should have posted screenshots. I put it around Urlum in my game, but moving planets and moons around has never affected visuals like this for me before.

I don't recall Hox changing specifically, but I do know that several planets and moons were redone as GPP evolved.  It certainly appears that the screenshot from the Wiki is an outdated early version of the planet.  What you see in game is what Hox is now suppose to look like.  The only thing you could possibly do is go back and download the oldest version of GPP you can find replace all of Hox's configs and textures with he old ones, but I don't recommend that.  GPP is pretty complex there's no telling how reverting to old files could mess things up.  If you start modifying GPP, expect no technical support from us.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone running 1.11.0:

• GPP breaks the tourist and rescue missions in Career mode.
    • Fix is to remove the GPP_Renamer folder within the GameData/GPP tree.  Something with the custom names is causing Kerbals to disappear from the roster or randomly populate seats in ships.  If you're mid-game, you'll need to decline/abandon all missions with any named Kerbals and re-acquire them.
  • Otherwise GPP appears to be working fine using the Kopernicus bleeding-edge release for 1.11.0

NB: Having already-renamed Kerbals in your bullpen won't cause any problems, it just affects new contracts and your ability to complete them.

I'm playing career with Galileo's planet pack with KSP 1.11 and I installed Kopernicus R-T-B Unified "Bleeding Edge" Edition Release 58 . Game freezes every time in the middle of burn to enter Iota's orbit.

Installed mods are only Kopernicus, GPP and GPP textures. Should I post log, which one?

Edit: Game freezes when I look close to Iota before burning:

freeze.jpg

After 6 freezes in a row I successfully orbited Iota but then few minutes later game freezed again when I sending science around Gael.

Edited by CanOmer
New post

2 hours ago, CanOmer said:

I'm playing career with Galileo's planet pack with KSP 1.11 and I installed Kopernicus R-T-B Unified "Bleeding Edge" Edition Release 58 . Game freezes every time in the middle of burn to enter Iota's orbit.

Installed mods are only Kopernicus, GPP and GPP textures. Should I post log, which one?

Edit: Game freezes when I look close to Iota before burning:

After 6 freezes in a row I successfully orbited Iota but then few minutes later game freezed again when I sending science around Gael.

ModuleManager is required but since you've loaded KSP and a GPP save, I assume you have it installed.

GPP is currently listed as compatible with KSP 1.9.1 and no higher.  Although it may work on higher KSP versions, there is no guarantee and there might be no support for this configuration until GPP updates.  And, finally, because it's the BE version, Kopernicus might be the source of the problem since you're running an Kopernicus version not expected by GPP.

Isn't Scatterer required?  I know there are Scatterer configs in the GPP distro.

I would suggest posting a link to your Player.log file uploaded to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive.  It might provide some clues as to what's happening and what you actually have installed.  See the link in my sig block if you don't know where to look.

I'm no expert but I don't see anything obvious that might suggest a freeze in that log.  A couple of minor errors (one with Kerbal Renamer and one associated with outdated KSPedia because of the mismatch between KSP 1.11 and GPP for KSP 1.9.1), and a couple of NREs for something inside Kopernicus (PlanetParticleEmitter).  This might suggest an incompatibility, the solution for which might be patience (for an updated GPP) and/or reverting to KSP 1.9.1/1.10.1 and the appropriate Kopernicus.

Just checking...does this log represent a game session that exhibited a freeze?  If so, might you still have the KSP.log (from the game's root folder) from that session?  That log file contains timestamps (something I forgot).

Thanks but again, I don't see anything in the log that stands out as a cause.  I presume the game hangs after the last log entry.  Perhaps those wiser than I can shed some light.

In the meantime, might I suggest:

1. trying earlier versions of Kopernicus BE; or
  2. reverting to a supported configuration?

Keep this 1.11 game folder in case a solution presents itself.  Note the advice in the post just above your first one for career mode tourist and rescue contract issues in a KSP 1.11 + GPP game.

2 hours ago, CanOmer said:

2. Does this mean I have to start new career game?

No, you might be able to copy the saved game folder over from one KSP game directory to another, provided you have the same mods installed.  I'm not sure about downgrading, but it generally works for upgrading.

Always make a backup before upgrading KSP.

• 4 weeks later...

The planet pack is great, but when i want to land on Iota on career mode, the game always freeze when I exit timewarp. In the log, nothing shows up about why it crash, it also crash when i timewarp in tracking station

Edited by Sirius K

Hullo guys,

After fooling around for a while with JNSQ I've recently started not one but two careers with GPP and it's been fantastic so far. It feels so good playing it again and the new terrain textures using the new shaders (well I guess they're not so new anymore by now but to me they are) just look fantastic. I hear galileo's been away from KSP modding for a while but congrats to the whole team, this definitely still is the best planet pack in this quadrant of the galaxy.

Cool screenshots album coming soon btw

Just a small question though : what are my options for Kerbal Konstructs? I remember back in the days I made a harbor using SM Statics and JadeOfMaar saw that and immediately proceeded to make one that looked ten times better. Is it still available somewhere (apparently SM statics are not available for dowload anymore but digging them up from a dusty old hard drive I have lying around somewhere might be an option, are there still config files available though)?

So far I've just installed KK manually and the included config files appear to be loading correctly. I've downscaled and moved the seagulls over the water, deleted some of them too, because it kind of looked like there was a giant swarm of teenage dragons flying mach 10 over GSC (escpecially when looking at the shadows on the ground). But that's just a matter of personal taste I suppose.

The thing is though, if I remember correctly there used to be a ton of additional space centers, airports and stuff all over Gael, and they don't seem to be loaded. Do they still exist, is there something I need to add to use them?

Edit : I can see the extra launchsites in sandbox mode. I guess I'm just supposed to open them in career mode before I can see them in the tracking station

Edited by lBoBl

On 2/3/2021 at 11:18 AM, teé said:

Did it work with 1.11?

Technically yes but you need to :

1. Understand that 1.11 is not officially supported which means you won't receive any help if something goes wrong or doesn't work. You may or may not have problems, but if you do then troubleshooting will be entirely up to you.

2. Use the correct version of R-T-B's Kopernicus Bleeding Edge branch. You probably want to do a manual install of GPP and Kopernicus instead of using CKAN.

3. Remember 1. and don't ask for support here. If you run into any trouble that you can't resolve by yourself just use an officially supported version.

On 2/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, Ollz said:

Does GPP support Poods Skyboxes?

Yes it does. However you need to use a mod like Texture Replacer or DiRT, which you need to download separately. Note that GPP already has a skybox associated with a custom config file for Texture Replacer, so you might need to edit/delete that config file. I haven't had to do that though, just dropping the PoodsSkybox folder inside my GameData folder worked fine for me.

Edited by lBoBl

this is a strange question, but can I add GPP as a secondary with GEP, OPM and MPE already installed? would it be possible that ciro kind of orbits kerbol like grannus does? and would it be possible that grannus and ciro aren't together in some way`?

2 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

this is a strange question, but can I add GPP as a secondary with GEP, OPM and MPE already installed? would it be possible that ciro kind of orbits kerbol like grannus does? and would it be possible that grannus and ciro aren't together in some way`?

What you're looking for is GPP Secondary. Not sure how it works with the other two packs but there's more info in the github.

4 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

this is a strange question, but can I add GPP as a secondary with GEP, OPM and MPE already installed? would it be possible that ciro kind of orbits kerbol like grannus does?

Your best option would be to install GPP_Secondary, which comes with GPP in the Optional Mods folder.  You GameData folder should include the following:

• GEP
  • GPP
  • GPP_Secondary
  • MPE
  • OPM

What will happen is this:  The OPM and MPE bodies will orbit Kerbol, Ciro will orbit Kerbol, and Grannus will orbit Ciro.  And, of course, the GPP and GEP planets will orbit Ciro and Grannus respectively.

The only change you might notice is the apoapsis of Soden from MPE is significantly reduced to keep it from entering the sphere of influence of Ciro.

and would it be possible that grannus and ciro aren't together in some way`?

No, that option doesn't exist.

Edited by OhioBob

1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

Your best option would be to install GPP_Secondary, which comes with GPP in the Optional Mods folder.  You GameData folder should include the following:

• GEP
  • GPP
  • GPP_Secondary
  • MPE
  • OPM

What will happen is this:  The OPM and MPE bodies will orbit Kerbol, Ciro will orbit Kerbol, and Grannus will orbit Ciro.  And, of course, the GPP and GEP planets will orbit Ciro and Grannus respectively.

The only change you might notice is the apoapsis of Soden from MPE is significantly reduced to keep it from entering the sphere of influence of Ciro.

No, that option doesn't exist.

thank!

is there a way to raise ciro's orbit?

4 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

thank!

is there a way to raise ciro's orbit?

Ciro's semimajor axis in GPP_Secondary is 7 billion kilometers.  If you want to raise it higher, you can add the following patch to apply a multiplier.  In this example I've doubled Ciro's distance, but you can make the multiplier whatever you want it to be.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[GPP_Secondary]
{
	@Body[Ciro]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@semiMajorAxis *= 2
		}
	}
}

@Starhelperdude, if you really want Grannus to orbit Kerbol rather than Ciro, that can be done with a patch as well, but there's nothing already written to do that.  You would have to invent the new orbital elements yourself.  Just add the following and fill in all the missing values.

@Kopernicus:AFTER[GPP_Secondary]
{
	@Body[Grannus]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@referenceBody = Sun
			@inclination = 
			@eccentricity = 
			@semiMajorAxis = 
			@longitudeOfAscendingNode = 
			@argumentOfPeriapsis =