[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Just now, MaxL_1023 said:

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to plant a flag on Tellumo and get the Kerbal back to Gael. When the delta-v map says "????" you know it's a challenge. 

Well the dV map is still in its alpha stage so it is a wip. :)  but yeah either way...  It's gonna be tough

1 hour ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to plant a flag on Tellumo and get the Kerbal back to Gael. When the delta-v map says "????" you know it's a challenge. 

Hello,

For me not having a Dv chart makes it that much more fun, the realism of having to figure out all that information myself.

@Galileo Thank you and everyone else involved for this wonderful mod!

Hm. It seems to be related to the number of parts in the immediate vicinity of the laggy bodies. A ~10-part ship (which is now 2, due to a botched landing) on ceta is giving me perfect 60 frames, whereas the 100-part ship I was using before gives me 10-15 FPS. Perhaps I just have too many mods. I wish I could use DX11 mode, see if that would help, but I don't want messed up planet surface textures lol.

@Galileo and team - Wow! This is beautiful! I can't wait to explore all the new locations.

Question - Could you please include an alternative to have KSC on the equator again? I totally get that the current location is more interesting and more "realistic". I just think that launching from Kerbin/Gael is done so many times during the course of a full playthrough. While the extra effort to achieve equatorial orbit may be interesting for the first dozen times, after that it's just adding more steps. I'm not saying change it for everyone, but only asking that you include an alternative.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, tjt said:

@Galileo and team - Wow! This is beautiful! I can't wait to explore all the new locations.

Question - Could you please include an alternative to have KSC on the equator again? I totally get that the current location is more interesting and more "realistic". I just think that launching from Kerbin/Gael is done so many times during the course of a full playthrough. While the extra effort to achieve equatorial orbit may be interesting for the first dozen times, after that it's just adding more steps. I'm not saying change it for everyone, but only asking that you include an alternative.

Thanks!

Maybe in the future. Once I iron out everything. 

I have finished the tweaks to all celestial bodies for better performance. I will upload in the next few hours

8 hours ago, RealGecko said:

AMMMMMAZING planet pack!

But is there a way to increase Ciro luminosity? Even at Icarus orbit it's too dark IMO:

KTMf6Ww.png

Edit: I'm not using any optional mods SVE, PS, DOE.

Yes,  you can change the value in the Ciro.cfg 

You have to just play with it until you get the effect you want

Edited by Galileo

I have loved this mod since its development. The beautiful design of the planets and the challenge it adds to the stock game in many ways make it feel much more realistic. Also seeing the ammount of work that went into even the most minor details such as the density of the atmospheres using ideal gas laws ETC.

Here is my 2nd interplanetary probe to Tellumo:

Galileo Mod Pictures of Telemuno

Even on the lowest resolution it still looks really nice, I need to build a nice computer in order to experience it fully. :)

Galileo Mod Pictures of Telemuno

Edited by 4d4Garrison

1 hour ago, 4d4Garrison said:

I am uploading a new version now that has better performance i hope. My computer is pretty beastly, so its difficult to see where the performance drop is.. i pretty sure i figured it out though... Thats what the Pre release was for, so others could tell me where things needed fixing, but i didn't get much negative feed back... so here i am, fixing things after a release :rolleyes:

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

I am uploading a new version now that has better performance i hope. My computer is pretty beastly, so its difficult to see where the performance drop is.. i pretty sure i figured it out though... Thats what the Pre release was for, so others could tell me where things needed fixing, but i didn't get much negative feed back... so here i am, fixing things after a release :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update, as for performance I used to experience a lag spike at low alt around Iota (I hadn't been anywhere else in the system at the time) and as of yet I have only been to Tellumo and I have a mission heading to Nero so we will see how that mission's performance is. It should be awhile though as the encounter is in 17yrs. I saw that you said you fixed the Iota problem and after doing another Iota mission I can confirm the performance is normal now.

My computer specs: (Intel core I5-3210M CPU @ 2.50Ghz, 8.00Gb of installed Ram, a 64bit operating system) It is a four year old laptop so I am actually rather pleased with what it can handle. Once I build a nice $800-$1000 computer in earnest we shall see how the performance is but I bet it will hardly be an issue. 

Keep up the great work man!

9 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

@Galileo I've tried to take your Planet Pack on my KSP install and make it into a separate system that I could go explore. It didn't work out too well. Is there a way to edit the cfgs so the "Ciro" system can be a separate explorable system?

This would have to be done with the mod Galactic Neighbors.  @Sigma88 will eventually add it when he has time.  He's a busy guy :)

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

This would have to be done with the mod Galactic Neighbors.  @Sigma88 will eventually add it when he has time.  He's a busy guy :)

funny that you should mention that.

I just finished adding GPP compatibility to Galactic Neighborhood.

for now Ciro is just copied, if you want me to change the type of the star you feel free to let me know :)

you can take a look at the result by downloading the development branch of GN

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

funny that you should mention that.

I just finished adding GPP compatibility to Galactic Neighborhood.

for now Ciro is just copied, if you want me to change the type of the star you feel free to let me know :)

you can take a look at the result by downloading the development branch of GN

Did you happen to use the latest version?  I changed the cfgs a bit