[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

First results of Jet atmCurve Edits

Based solely on static thrust values, I present extended atmCurves for the Juno and Wheesly engines as Module Manager patches.

Spoiler

@PART[miniJetEngine]:FOR[JetEngineCurveExtender]:NEEDS[!AJE]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		!atmCurve{}
		atmCurve
		{
			key = 0 0 0 0.7448742
			key = 0.072 0.13 2.075459 2.075459
			key = 0.16 0.28 1.464173 1.464173
			key = 0.42 0.578 0.93687 0.93687
			key = 1 1 0.5529748 0.5529748
			key = 2.108 2.123 0.2 0.2
			key = 12.306 3.123 0.1 0
		}
	}
}

Spoiler

@PART[JetEngine]:FOR[JetEngineCurveExtender]:NEEDS[!AJE]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		!atmCurve{}
		atmCurve
		{
			key = 0 0 0 1.186726
			key = 0.072 0.092 1.339822 1.339822
			key = 0.337 0.4 0.8976688 0.8976688
			key = 1 1 0.9127604 0.9127604
			key = 2.109 2.1 0.89 0.89
			key = 4.013 3.6 0.69 0.69
			key = 5.42 4.6 0.45 0.45
			key = 7.214 5.6 0.3 0.3
			key = 9.488 5.9 0.15 0.15
			key = 12.306 6.1 0.05 0
		}
	}
}

When I'm done with all stock jets. I'll post a new add-on dev thread that will include a spreadsheet I've been using to preview the float curves. These extended curves should work for stock jets on any world that has higher air densities and useful IntakeAir, but shouldn't affect normal performance on Kerbin, Gael or Laythe. I'll also add these curves to Explodium Breathing Engines to boost sea level performance on Eve or other worlds with hydrocarbons in the air.

Let me know how these changes behave on stock Tellumo. I'm using FAR and still have AJE installed.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk

2 hours ago, Sigor said:

I've got an issue. I have the Gael system orbiting the Kerbin system (like with GPP Secondary) even though I haven't installed GPP Secondary. Here's my GameData folder: https://imgur.com/a/c3xTk

Omg. Burn your gamedata folder with fire!

it looks like you didn't install anything correctly, unfortunately. You need to remove everything except your squad folder and start over, following the instructions a little more closely.

22 minutes ago, Galileo said:

LMAO!

He's telling you the truth @Sigor, you need to start over, your game is a mess... I couldn't even walk you through fixing it.

Welcome to the forums, you've at least come to the right place for help.

3 hours ago, Sigor said:

I've got an issue. I have the Gael system orbiting the Kerbin system (like with GPP Secondary) even though I haven't installed GPP Secondary. Here's my GameData folder: https://imgur.com/a/c3xTk

All joking aside, GPP is not an easy mod to install, and attention to detail is really important. I wish we could automate the process for users, but that may be a little ways off. I would definitely start over though, with a fresh GameData folder and follow the instructions very closely.

Maybe somebody can share a screenshot of how it should look with a basic GPP install to help you out? <------ This is a request. I would but I'm not home. 

Edited by Galileo

So like now that I've finally gotten around to replacing previously asploded high end computer power with a high-end laptop, first time I've ever not built my main machine, and I'm able to start playing around with all the graphics enhancements and planet mods.

And boy am I confused. So many, half of which seem to include the other half, with no pattern of whether you have to install dependencies vs. OMG no we do that and you screw up everything if you install them yourself, or whether you can drop them in or have to start a game from scratch, etc. According to what I read above that you've tweaked all the planetary positions for better early game options means that I probably shouldn't try this until I'm starting a new game? No complaints, it's just what happens when so much core game functionality is actually delivered by modders rather than by the game studio, very thankful folks are doing that but figuring it out as a new person is pretty tricky :)

And lots of people seem very enthusiastic about OPM, that is integrated here too, correct? So when I start that new game and am interested in OPM I should install OPM via Galileo and have it there from the start of that game no?

Also, does this conflict with AVP? I wanted to try that as well. Thanks in advance and thanks for the great work... well what seems to be great work, can't wait to confirm it :)

2 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

So like now that I've finally gotten around to replacing previously asploded high end computer power with a high-end laptop, first time I've ever not built my main machine, and I'm able to start playing around with all the graphics enhancements and planet mods.

And boy am I confused. So many, half of which seem to include the other half, with no pattern of whether you have to install dependencies vs. OMG no we do that and you screw up everything if you install them yourself, or whether you can drop them in or have to start a game from scratch, etc. According to what I read above that you've tweaked all the planetary positions for better early game options means that I probably shouldn't try this until I'm starting a new game? No complaints, it's just what happens when so much core game functionality is actually delivered by modders rather than by the game studio, very thankful folks are doing that but figuring it out as a new person is pretty tricky :)

And lots of people seem very enthusiastic about OPM, that is integrated here too, correct? So when I start that new game and am interested in OPM I should install OPM via Galileo and have it there from the start of that game no?

Also, does this conflict with AVP? I wanted to try that as well. Thanks in advance and thanks for the great work... well what seems to be great work, can't wait to confirm it :)

I'm not sure what you are asking in the first part of your question, but in regards to OPM, you can install OPM at any time, and you will be ok. 

As for AVP, no, it will not work with GPP. EVE cfgs are all dependent on planetary body names, and since AVP is for the stock game, stock planets are required. GPP only has one visual pack, and it's the one that is included in the dl.

Thanks for the quick response. For the first question, in your OP it say planet positions have been tweaked to provide better/more transfer window options in the first two years, and this may break existing saves. If that's a very minor risk I might try it now, if it's probably going to break things I will wait for a new game.

2 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks for the quick response. For the first question, in your OP it say planet positions have been tweaked to provide better/more transfer window options in the first two years, and this may break existing saves. If that's a very minor risk I might try it now, if it's probably going to break things I will wait for a new game.

Oh, so you already have a GPP career going?

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

Oh, so you already have a career going?

Yes :)

z6b45LP.png

This is (for the sake of the challenge) the one-trip base for Minmus with full metal mining and rocketparts making, ore/fuel conversion mining, EL launchpad, ton of Pathfinder storage, and a Buffalo rover to be assembled on site. This is launching today.

1xl88dtl.png  LsgEBF4l.png

19 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Yes :)

z6b45LP.png

This is (for the sake of the challenge) the one-trip base for Minmus with full metal mining and rocketparts making, ore/fuel conversion mining, EL launchpad, ton of Pathfinder storage, and a Buffalo rover to be assembled on site. This is launching today.

1xl88dtl.png  LsgEBF4l.png

Ok well, if your career is in the stock game, GPP will have to wait until you are done with that and ready to start a new game. GPP removes all stock bodies and adds it's own. So any vessels you have in and around the stock system would possibly be kaput if you tried to load up in GPP. 

17 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ok well, if your career is in the stock game, GPP will have to wait until you are done with that and ready to start a new game. GPP removes all stock bodies and adds it's own. So any vessels you have in and around the stock system would possibly be kaput if you tried to load up in GPP. 

Thanks for confirming, going to work on this one a bit more until I've done most things once and am not quite so flailing about at every turn, and then will start a new game. 

7 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks for confirming, going to work on this one a bit more until I've done most things once and am not quite so flailing about at every turn, and then will start a new game. 

That is the best approach I think. GPP is harder than the stock system, and not really recommended for beginners. Once you get to a place where you are comfortable in your skill set, give GPP a try. It's a whole new game, or that's what we were striving for anyway!

42 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Well.. seeing as we got v1.5.x out the door, I actually got around to playing in well over a year. Meet the inaugural Gaelean Space Station module:

v6t3dIB.png

Takes talent to make a pic that is innocent per se but anyone running with the obvious in comments is going to feel the ban hammer :)

12 hours ago, Galileo said:

I agree that he needs to start clean and reinstall again.  But I think one of the reasons why his GameData folder ended up that way is he just didn't know enough to fix a common problem with many install archives.

1.  Install archives for mods now often include a GameData directory in which they put their mod.  Horray!

2.  And inside that GameData directory ISN'T just one or a very few named directories to go in GameData, as it should be.  But all sorts of files.  Includes common names like "README.txt" that will overlap between many mod install archives.  All these files shouldn't be in GameData directly but in the GameData/<modname>/ directory.