[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

8 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Nah, it's a subliminal message to visit Trinidad and Tobago

Reveal hidden contents

Flag_of_Trinidad_and_Tobago.svg

or maybe Holland?

Reveal hidden contents

320px-Flag_of_Amsterdam.svg.png320px-Amstelveen_flag.svg.pngOuder-Amstel_flag.png

or join the rebels?

Reveal hidden contents

Flag_of_the_Rebel_Alliance.svg

Or be a pirate?

Reveal hidden contents

512px-Pirate_Flag_of_Blackbeard_(Edward_320px-Bandanna_Roger_Flag.svg.png

or maybe you were smiling but then tripped and fell on the asphalt

People running multiple star systems (like OPM around Grannus) - what are the performance implications? I'm interested in doing this in an upcoming new save, but wonder if I should leave it uninstalled until I get near the end of the tech tree and am ready to launch big exploration missions 

8 hours ago, fourfa said:

People running multiple star systems (like OPM around Grannus) - what are the performance implications? I'm interested in doing this in an upcoming new save, but wonder if I should leave it uninstalled until I get near the end of the tech tree and am ready to launch big exploration missions 

I don't see performance issues and I am using a woefully underpowered and ancient machine. The only difference is the long load time. Both for starting the game and switching between flight scenes. Just starting GPP takes about 5 min for me and it's already on my SSD.

Edited by Three_Pounds

I can't get GPP to work with RemoteTech. I'm trying just a simple SETI probe with the basic comms device and having it send temperature readings from the launch pad, but I get an error saying there are no usable comms devices on the vessel.

Spoiler

lmjyRE.jpg

This same test works without GPP but with Seti and Remote Tech installed. I'm guessing that this is because GPP renames the planets and RemoteTech expects the planet names.

How can I get GPP to work with Remote Tech?

4 hours ago, dgrin91 said:

I found the answer to my issue. I also had SetiRemoteTechConfigs installed and that was overriding stuff (found thanks to this post by Yakvi. When I uninstalled that everything works. 

Yep that's a common annoyance with the SETI mods, I find. Personally I think it touches far too much, basically forcing you to only use SETI.

OK...you need more than two small radiators to land on Thalia if you want to stay there for more than 45 secs. Sorry I didnt capture the explosion, but was smart enough not to have a kerbal on board at the time.

*sigh*

This one should work a bit better:

6JEetQr.jpg

5 hours ago, Gilph said:

OK...you need more than two small radiators to land on Thalia if you want to stay there for more than 45 secs. Sorry I didnt capture the explosion, but was smart enough not to have a kerbal on board at the time.

*sigh*

This one should work a bit better:

6JEetQr.jpg

I found that four of the small TCS panels were enough for a small probe. The only manned vessel I ever set down on Thalia had six of the medium TCS panels, but it didn't stay on the surface for very long.

Does anyone know what would cause most biome names to appear blank in Scansat, stock scanners, and the R&D Building's Archives?  The Space Center biomes display normally, but everything else ends up blank.  This problem only happens in GPP, with or without other mods installed, and I can't reproduce it in stock or OPM saves.

If it helps, I've attached a log and a few images.  These are from a fresh install of KSP 1.3.0 without any mods except GPP 1.5.1 and its basic requirements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzapg1rxs2s4iqp/output_log.txt?dl=0    (log)

https://imgur.com/zg367eL    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/dpwVzwm    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/dAfW5SN    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/s17FLkP    (GameData\GPP folder)

https://imgur.com/FqkouYc    (GameData folder)

Edited by failurecascade
Labelled the log file for clarity.

What has been the inspiration behind the name Hox? For all the other bodies it's not hard to find the inspiration in Greco-Roman mythology and Gauss is clearly a reference to Carl Friedrich Gauss (Gauß in German - translated accordingly) but Hox is the odd one out. I won't change the names of the planets - just do minor adjustments to them.

Edited by Three_Pounds

4 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

What has been the inspiration behind the name Hox? For all the other bodies it's not hard to find the inspiration in Greco-Roman mythology and Gauss is clearly a reference to Carl Friedrich Gauss (Gauß in German - translated accordingly) but Hox is the odd one out. I won't change the names of the planets - just do minor adjustments to them.

Hox was just a random name with no meaning behind it, really. Gauss was the first body made in the GPP system, before the Greco-Roman theme became apparent and was indeed named after the mathematician. That's why it's a little different. 

Edited by Galileo

9 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

PSA: Many parts of Iota are not flat.  Like, not flat in the slightest.

SEfhNQr.png

I found an ore mining spot at the bottom of a steep chasm. The decent, like yours, was stunning.

I did also find the one flat impact crater on Iota, probably put there out of pity for me, and I am eternally grateful :P

22 minutes ago, MooseHead said:

Awesome mod! One problem I sent all my kerbals off gael but whenever I go to the astronaut complex i can't leave the building. Is this because of this mod or is it a different problem?

What version of Kerbal Konstructs are you using? That was an issue with an older version. 

If you verify that you have the latest version, I'll need you to click the "how to get support" button in my signature 

Edited by Galileo

17 minutes ago, Galileo said:

What version of Kerbal Konstructs are you using? That was an issue with an older version. 

I am not using kerbal konstucts. I can't find a 1.3 version of kerbal constructs. never mind, found one. i'll download it and see if that fixes it

Edited by MooseHead

23 minutes ago, MooseHead said:

I am not using kerbal konstucts. I can't find a 1.3 version of kerbal constructs. never mind, found one. i'll download it and see if that fixes it

If you are experiencing this issue without Kerbal Konstructs, then adding it won't fix it. You have to post logs and a screen shot of your gamedata. If you are running a ton of mods, you'll need to strip it down to only GPP and its dependencies and see if the issue is still happening.