[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

29 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks, but how do I know which ones work well with CKAN and which don't? :)

I was against CKAN for the longest time, but now that I manage all of my own CKAN stuff, I am actually really liking it. I deal with a lot less people that don’t know how to install manually. 

I would just download CKAN and go through the entire list of mods for 1.3.1 and download the ones you want, then the remaining mods that aren’t on CKAN, download and install manually. I was pleasantly surprised that 99% of the mods I use (over 100) were all listed in CKAN

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I was against CKAN for the longest time, but now that I manage all of my own CKAN stuff, I am actually really liking it. I deal with a lot less people that don’t know how to install manually. 

I would just download CKAN and go through the entire list of mods for 1.3.1 and download the ones you want, then the remaining mods that aren’t on CKAN, download and install manually. I was pleasantly surprised that 99% of the mods I use (over 100) were all listed in CKAN

Thanks, and thanks to @Urses also. Ok, I'll take a look :)

6 hours ago, Disparia Books said:

My only issue now is that I keep losing probe control. Im thing to build a relay network but everything says no probe control, even the mighty jx2 sat. Does that scale mess with coms? 

I'd guess you're losing probe control about the same point I am. If I launch from GSC straight east, I still have a probe blind spot at around the equatorial descending node (i.e. 90 degrees longitude east of GSC). My not-very-cheap solution has been to launch a few satellites with the first unlocked relay antennas into equatorial orbit, around 20 Mm. I also boosted my low-res scansat mapper, as it had already done its job and had an included relay antenna, so I get some help occasionally from that being in a polar-ish orbit.

I tried sending a fuel tanker to Iota, because I'm calculating that I need ballpark of 20,000 m/s to launch, land, and return, and early game tech isn't suited for it, even with SMURFF. The tanker itself was somewhat heavy and only had a TWR of 0.5, which meant the burn to Iota took a while. I set up the manuever node by hand, then told MechJeb to execute it, then lost signal sometime before the end of the burn. MechJeb is a serious trooper. Burned a lot of delta-V, an extra ten to fifteen seconds spinning around at full thrust because, for some reason, having no control means Mechjeb can steer but can't shut off the engine. But by the time I regained control, my probe was still on an intercept trajectory. Probably turned around three full times under full thrust with a net change of close to zero. Sarbian is my hero.

And that's why I set up a satellite relay network.

Edited by danfarnsy

@RocketPCGaming

I'm finding it a unique challenges to say the least. I ditched real fuels and went with the minor fuel overhaul as suggested on the previous page and it's working well.

My only issue now is that I keep losing probe control. Im thing to build a relay network but everything says no probe control, even the mighty jx2 sat. Does that scale mess with coms? 

And I will definitely check out the stream. When ulyou usually on?

Edit: smurff and mft for fuels

This keeps happening to me also. I asked about it in the Probes Plus thread because almost all the antennas I'm using are PP. I go to launch, and boom no probe control, entire network of 25 or so relay sats dead. The fix for it is restarting KSP. I have not been able to figure out what is going on.

Does that scale mess with coms? 

Oh, the other thing was that, if you're using Kerbal Konstructs (check within the past few pages), you need to go into the KK settings and de-select Commnet support, then completely restart KSP. KK displaces the stock extra ground stations by default, and GPP isn't configured to use KK's replacements (which are intended, I believe, for KerbinSide). That bit wasn't obvious to figure out, either.

3 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

This keeps happening to me also.

I'd check the KK settings as I just mentioned with Disparia. You have to disable KK commnet support, then fully restart KSP. :huh: Or at least, that fixed my issue. Yours may be different.

1 hour ago, danfarnsy said:

Oh, the other thing was that, if you're using Kerbal Konstructs (check within the past few pages), you need to go into the KK settings and de-select Commnet support, then completely restart KSP. KK displaces the stock extra ground stations by default, and GPP isn't configured to use KK's replacements (which are intended, I believe, for KerbinSide). That bit wasn't obvious to figure out, either.

I'd check the KK settings as I just mentioned with Disparia. You have to disable KK commnet support, then fully restart KSP. :huh: Or at least, that fixed my issue. Yours may be different.

Ah thanks that sounds like a winner.

11 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

I will take a look at this when I get a chance this afternoon, thanks. In the meantime I cranked up the signal strength modifier in settings and seem to be having good luck. I'm other sure if scaling a system also scales signals on satellites and didn't want to risk using a potato with some tinfoil for a satellite (you get the idea) :)

2 hours ago, Disparia Books said:

risk using a potato with some tinfoil for a satellite (you get the idea) :)

As long as your potatoes have some solar power and a relay antenna, they get the job done! But I'm sure there are better tubers (maybe carrots) which have the advantage of weighing less.

3 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

As long as your potatoes have some solar power and a relay antenna, they get the job done! But I'm sure there are better tubers (maybe carrots) which have the advantage of weighing less.

Just went to the grocers and asked which tubers are the most viable as planetary communications devices.

She said they were having a sale on red potatoes this weekend.

25 minutes ago, Disparia Books said:

She said they were having a sale on red potatoes this weekend.

Don't let her make a fool from you!

Only straight bananas are the way for rellay! Carrots get you only direct link.

And Potatos are only for EC storage buz red? Are they nuclear? Looks like you need sometging for cooling.... some avocados?

But i would look in DNS settings... maybe some modes have changed them?

On 11/9/2017 at 12:57 PM, Disparia Books said:

@RocketPCGaming

I'm finding it a unique challenges to say the least. I ditched real fuels and went with the minor fuel overhaul as suggested on the previous page and it's working well.

And I will definitely check out the stream. When ulyou usually on?

Edit: smurff and mft for fuels

The Comms should be scaled with it, but check the settings menu and increase range by the scale amount and see if that improves it. Also, if using Kerbal Konstructs, it removes the ground stations other than the Tracking Station so if you don't have line of sight you won't have control.

I forget the exact sequence of events that caused it, but even my stock sized GPP game ended up with the antenna range at 25% of what it should be.  The cause seems to have been some odd interaction with Kerbal Konstructs, if I remember.  In the VAB, all the antennas were showing 25% of the range that the KSPedia indicated they should have.  I took the easy way out -- I set the comms range slider to 400% for that game.

Check what the range is for your antennas, and compare the actual values in the VAB to the values in the KSPedia.  They should be 10.625 times the KSPedia values.  If not, adjust the comms range slider appropriately.  Note that adjusting the slider doesn't change the values shown in the VAB, so you'll need to do the multiplication yourself.

A question about clouds, for anyone who can help me.

I've installed GPP following the instructions to the letter, and it worked fine. Then I added the optional "Secondary" mod so that I can keep GPP content as an end-game goal, and that has worked fine too. My only problem is that whilst Gael had nice volumetric clouds, Kerbin does not. What should I do to improve atmospheres (and possibly textures, too) within the standard Kerbol system? 

I could just try install another mod designed to beautify the original system, but then I'd be concerned that I won't know if I accidentically messed up something in GPP until way down the track, when I can finally make an interstellar journey.

1 hour ago, SyX said:

A question about clouds, for anyone who can help me.

I've installed GPP following the instructions to the letter, and it worked fine. Then I added the optional "Secondary" mod so that I can keep GPP content as an end-game goal, and that has worked fine too. My only problem is that whilst Gael had nice volumetric clouds, Kerbin does not. What should I do to improve atmospheres (and possibly textures, too) within the standard Kerbol system? 

I could just try install another mod designed to beautify the original system, but then I'd be concerned that I won't know if I accidentically messed up something in GPP until way down the track, when I can finally make an interstellar journey.

SVE and SVT work pretty seamlessly with GPP and GPP_Secondary

Hello, so, I'm having a problem. Or two, really. I installed the mod, everything is awesome, but the runway at the space centre is under the ground. It goes up as it goes further, but this means that the planes spawn clipping the ground or entirely under it. I also seem to only have the main space centre as the only selectable runway, and from what I gather, there's supposed to be more than that. Running 1.3.1. What should I do?

Oops. 

The loading gets stucck on 'Loading Resources' and I can't fix it. 

I tried removing every mod that gave an exception or error in the log.

However it does give me an Exception that I donÄt know how to fix: 

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex + length > this.length

11 hours ago, AntoniusCDXXXII said:

Good News Everyone!

Hey Doc, what's up! :) As for your problem, click the red button in Galileo's signature.

6 hours ago, Teoras said:

Hello, so, I'm having a problem. Or two, really. I installed the mod, everything is awesome, but the runway at the space centre is under the ground. It goes up as it goes further, but this means that the planes spawn clipping the ground or entirely under it. I also seem to only have the main space centre as the only selectable runway, and from what I gather, there's supposed to be more than that. Running 1.3.1. What should I do?

I recommend you also click the red button in Galileo's signature. Your description suggests the KSC itself is rotated oddly, putting one end of the runway up in the air. Your situation is very unique.

About having more than one space center to launch from, install KSC Switcher then enter the Tracking Station. The KSC can only exist in one place at a time so don't launch from one spot and hope to find the KSC at another spot. :wink: 

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hey Doc, what's up! :) As for your problem, click the red button in Galileo's signature.

Yeah I've installed it correctly. I tried removing the mod but the problem persists.  removed all mods that might be causing incompatibilities (not updated to 1.3.1) too but nothing helps. Vanilla ksp works though.

Here is my KSP Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18lhCLDfEUyfgwsnGT1WVtgKCDIKrVbDD

Here is my output_log:https://drive.google.com/open?id=172rRIMJgpjo7pqtK1Vm_oCY9xr6sUp_D

Though I don't know how helpful they would be since I already checked them, and the only exception is the Arguementoutofrange, which I don't know how to fix.

EDIT: Turns out it was Community Resource Pack.

Still a shame seeing how I can't use such an important mod and mods dependant on it.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, fixed all good now.

Edited by AntoniusCDXXXII

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I recommend you also click the red button in Galileo's signature. Your description suggests the KSC itself is rotated oddly, putting one end of the runway up in the air. Your situation is very unique.

About having more than one space center to launch from, install KSC Switcher then enter the Tracking Station. The KSC can only exist in one place at a time so don't launch from one spot and hope to find the KSC at another spot. :wink: 

Hey, what do you mean by the red button in galileo's signature?

As for the KSC, no, it is fine, its not in the air. I have installed KSC Switcher, too, trough CKAN, or rather tried, as it seems to be already included and conflicts whenever I try to install it.. The part of the runway where you spawn the planes and some other extra buildings of the GSP is under the terrain itself for some reason. The rest of the GSC seems to be fine, oddly. It's like the terrain itself was placed too high on that specific point.

HLVBi0X.png

As you can see in this quickly drawn paint image, everything past the red line seems to be glitched, as far as I can tell. I have a ground traversing vehicle for my kerbalnauts that is small enough to spawn under the ground, and I saw the trees and some parts of the buildings under the ground. The runway levels out and is fine past the red line where the 'this bit is good' is marked.

d137b4565e6c29d3e1b3fc12a0568682.png

Another view. Not sure if the runway is supposed to be like that. Any ideas what might be wrong? I downloaded everything from CKAN.

Edited by Teoras

1 hour ago, Teoras said:

Hey, what do you mean by the red button in galileo's signature?

At the bottom of each of Galileo's post is a red button that reads "How to get support".  If you click on that you'll be directed to a post that provides troubleshooting instructions.  And if you can't fix the problem yourself, it instructs you on what information to provide so that the mod developers can properly diagnose the problem.

Funny Outtake through mode combination... GPP and USI. GPP renames the Gaeleans to be more fitting and USI generates on start of a new Carrier 4x Veterans...

I tried a new carrier start and get 1 pilot and 3 Engineers as Veteran Crew... all female...

Have i to beginn a "Amazonian Building Program"? As it seems a scientifical progression isn't supported by GSC:D

Edited by Urses

34 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

At the bottom of each of Galileo's post is a red button that reads "How to get support".  If you click on that you'll be directed to a post that provides troubleshooting instructions.  And if you can't fix the problem yourself, it instructs you on what information to provide so that the mod developers can properly diagnose the problem.

Thanks for the reply. I might one day do this but honestly this seems too much of a hastle at least right now. I was just hoping to find somebody who had the same problem and knows the fix for it. If nobody responds I'll do it, so thanks for letting me know on how to do it.

Karborundum has successfully been retrieved from an undisclosed altitude above Ciro.  Unlike my previous Karborundum harvesting attempts, all parts had their stock heat resistance, resulting in this unusual design:

O5OjrU8.png

Most of the ship, including the majority of the radiators, is hiding in the shadow of an inflatable heat shield.  I was a bit impatient and only made it back to Gael with 40,000 units of Karborundum, but now we can start exploring the outer system with Kerbals without it taking forever.  The new word of the day is "Brachistochrone".