Galileo

[KSP 1.3.1] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.5.3] 10 Oct 2017]

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Nah, it's a subliminal message to visit Trinidad and Tobago

  Reveal hidden contents

Flag_of_Trinidad_and_Tobago.svg

or maybe Holland?

  Reveal hidden contents

320px-Flag_of_Amsterdam.svg.png320px-Amstelveen_flag.svg.pngOuder-Amstel_flag.png

or join the rebels?

  Reveal hidden contents

Flag_of_the_Rebel_Alliance.svg

Or be a pirate?

  Reveal hidden contents

512px-Pirate_Flag_of_Blackbeard_(Edward_320px-Bandanna_Roger_Flag.svg.png

 

or maybe you were smiling but then tripped and fell on the asphalt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People running multiple star systems (like OPM around Grannus) - what are the performance implications? I'm interested in doing this in an upcoming new save, but wonder if I should leave it uninstalled until I get near the end of the tech tree and am ready to launch big exploration missions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fourfa said:

People running multiple star systems (like OPM around Grannus) - what are the performance implications? I'm interested in doing this in an upcoming new save, but wonder if I should leave it uninstalled until I get near the end of the tech tree and am ready to launch big exploration missions 

I don't see performance issues and I am using a woefully underpowered and ancient machine. The only difference is the long load time. Both for starting the game and switching between flight scenes. Just starting GPP takes about 5 min for me and it's already on my SSD.

Edited by Three_Pounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't get GPP to work with RemoteTech. I'm trying just a simple SETI probe with the basic comms device and having it send temperature readings from the launch pad, but I get an error saying there are no usable comms devices on the vessel.

Spoiler

lmjyRE.jpg

 

This same test works without GPP but with Seti and Remote Tech installed. I'm guessing that this is because GPP renames the planets and RemoteTech expects the planet names.

 

How can I get GPP to work with Remote Tech?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the answer to my issue. I also had SetiRemoteTechConfigs installed and that was overriding stuff (found thanks to this post by Yakvi. When I uninstalled that everything works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dgrin91 said:

I found the answer to my issue. I also had SetiRemoteTechConfigs installed and that was overriding stuff (found thanks to this post by Yakvi. When I uninstalled that everything works. 

Yep that's a common annoyance with the SETI mods, I find. Personally I think it touches far too much, basically forcing you to only use SETI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK...you need more than two small radiators to land on Thalia if you want to stay there for more than 45 secs. Sorry I didnt capture the explosion, but was smart enough not to have a kerbal on board at the time.

*sigh*

This one should work a bit better:

6JEetQr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Galileo said:

Yep that's a common annoyance with the SETI mods, I find. Personally I think it touches far too much, basically forcing you to only use SETI.

Can you update GPP's CKAN registry to say it conflicts with Seti Remote Tech Config

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gilph said:

OK...you need more than two small radiators to land on Thalia if you want to stay there for more than 45 secs. Sorry I didnt capture the explosion, but was smart enough not to have a kerbal on board at the time.

*sigh*

This one should work a bit better:

6JEetQr.jpg

I found that four of the small TCS panels were enough for a small probe. The only manned vessel I ever set down on Thalia had six of the medium TCS panels, but it didn't stay on the surface for very long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what would cause most biome names to appear blank in Scansat, stock scanners, and the R&D Building's Archives?  The Space Center biomes display normally, but everything else ends up blank.  This problem only happens in GPP, with or without other mods installed, and I can't reproduce it in stock or OPM saves.

 

If it helps, I've attached a log and a few images.  These are from a fresh install of KSP 1.3.0 without any mods except GPP 1.5.1 and its basic requirements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzapg1rxs2s4iqp/output_log.txt?dl=0    (log)

https://imgur.com/zg367eL    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/dpwVzwm    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/dAfW5SN    (in-game)

https://imgur.com/s17FLkP    (GameData\GPP folder)

https://imgur.com/FqkouYc    (GameData folder)

Edited by failurecascade
Labelled the log file for clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

PSA: Many parts of Iota are not flat.  Like, not flat in the slightest.

But it looks good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

But it looks good...

It looks freakin' fantabulous! :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has been the inspiration behind the name Hox? For all the other bodies it's not hard to find the inspiration in Greco-Roman mythology and Gauss is clearly a reference to Carl Friedrich Gauss (Gauß in German - translated accordingly) but Hox is the odd one out. I won't change the names of the planets - just do minor adjustments to them.

Edited by Three_Pounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

What has been the inspiration behind the name Hox? For all the other bodies it's not hard to find the inspiration in Greco-Roman mythology and Gauss is clearly a reference to Carl Friedrich Gauss (Gauß in German - translated accordingly) but Hox is the odd one out. I won't change the names of the planets - just do minor adjustments to them.

Hox was just a random name with no meaning behind it, really. Gauss was the first body made in the GPP system, before the Greco-Roman theme became apparent and was indeed named after the mathematician. That's why it's a little different. 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

PSA: Many parts of Iota are not flat.  Like, not flat in the slightest.

SEfhNQr.png

I found an ore mining spot at the bottom of a steep chasm. The decent, like yours, was stunning.

I did also find the one flat impact crater on Iota, probably put there out of pity for me, and I am eternally grateful :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome mod! One problem I sent all my kerbals off gael but whenever I go to the astronaut complex i can't leave the building. Is this because of this mod or is it a different problem?

Edited by MooseHead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MooseHead said:

Awesome mod! One problem I sent all my kerbals off gael but whenever I go to the astronaut complex i can't leave the building. Is this because of this mod or is it a different problem?

What version of Kerbal Konstructs are you using? That was an issue with an older version. 

If you verify that you have the latest version, I'll need you to click the "how to get support" button in my signature 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Galileo said:

What version of Kerbal Konstructs are you using? That was an issue with an older version. 

I am not using kerbal konstucts. I can't find a 1.3 version of kerbal constructs. never mind, found one. i'll download it and see if that fixes it

Edited by MooseHead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MooseHead said:

I am not using kerbal konstucts. I can't find a 1.3 version of kerbal constructs. never mind, found one. i'll download it and see if that fixes it

If you are experiencing this issue without Kerbal Konstructs, then adding it won't fix it. You have to post logs and a screen shot of your gamedata. If you are running a ton of mods, you'll need to strip it down to only GPP and its dependencies and see if the issue is still happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Kerbal Konstruts, has the problem been fixed with it deleting all the ground stations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Speaking of Kerbal Konstruts, has the problem been fixed with it deleting all the ground stations?

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolling in the sandbox and getting more acquainted with Far Future Tech..... I may end up posting a How To Far Future. :P 

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Gauss was the first body made in the GPP system, 

So I went there for my testing. :) 

ikFA7sF.jpg

OsNZzz8.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now