[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

5 hours ago, everchanging02 said:

@Galileo and @Sigma88
I stumbled upon the above mention of Galactic Neighborhood.  Awesome-looking mod.
However, I'm presently playing a GPP game that I'd like to add it to...
I did a light scan of the GN forum and did not seem to spot an answer.  I'm also not that terribly knowledgeable about the mod settings (though I could probably invest some time to figure it out, eventually).
Assuming either of you might have thought of the same idea, do either of you know how to achieve the end goal of effectively starting on Gael (around Ciro) and having Kerbol/Sun accessible as a secondary system with GN?  <.<;;

Keep in mind that GN is only compatible with the most minimalist install of GPP possible (only GPP folder and GPP textures) it is mostly a sandbox mod, I have made no effort balancing career because honestly once you can go interstellar I would assume career is pointless

1 hour ago, fwdixon said:

Is there a way to invert the GPP secondary mod so that the stock system is the distant system to GPP?

Sorry, bud. It can be done but we're not going to do it or support anyone who does. The idea of it is a bit offensive too imo..... GPP exists for players who have had their fill of the stock planets.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

59 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sorry, bud. It can be done but we're not going to do it or support anyone who does. The idea of it is a bit offensive too imo..... GPP exists for players who have had their fill of the stock planets.

Well then......no need to take offense. From a story-telling pov, it made an intriguing idea is all (kerbals on Gael "rediscovering" their long-lost (almost forgotten) origins).

Edited by fwdixon

8 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

Well then......no need to take offense. From a story-telling pov, it made an intriguing idea is all (kerbals on Gael "rediscovering" their long-lost (almost forgotten) origins).

It would be good for story telling. I'll entertain the idea, but no timetable for if or when it happens. 

1 minute ago, fwdixon said:

no worries. I was more wondering if it was technically possible. Knowing that it is, I may delve in to in a bit on my own as an academic curiosity. 

Oh, it's definitely possible, and I had a feeling the request or question would pop up at sometime. I mean, we already include GPP_Secondary as an option in GPP, I don't see why the other shouldn't happen, besides the fact that free time is hard to come by right now.. but when is it not? :D 

On 9/29/2017 at 8:19 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

seEhqDm.jpg

Download? :3

Took me long enough..... lol.

I'll definitely have to try the new version when I update my install, which probably won't be until some time after 1.3.1 drops.  In the meantime, here's a screenshot featuring Isk as viewed down near Icarus:

CoQ3ert.png

I tried to add planets from other plant packs into the scatterer_flex.cfg with limited success.

It seems like the EVE clouds and other scatterer effects for planet packs that MM loaded before GPP_secondary work (such as extrasolar) but those that MM loaded after it (such as OPM) don't work...

This led me to believe that the scatterer patch in GPP_secondary only changed everything MM loaded before it (alphabetically), so my question is is it possible to load this patch (or maybe the entire GPP_secondary) later or even at last in MM?

4 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

This led me to believe that the scatterer patch in GPP_secondary only changed everything MM loaded before it (alphabetically), so my question is is it possible to load this patch (or maybe the entire GPP_secondary) later or even at last in MM?

Within GPP_Secondary, try adjusting any @Kopernicus:FOR/:AFTER[GPP/GPP_Secondary] tags to @Kopernicus:AFTER[Squad] and any non-Kopernicus AFTER tags to :AFTER[Squad]

I'm confident that you have no planet mods installed whose names start with S or later... If you do, adjust the tags to :AFTER[ZZZ] which works and is widely used.

Mods do load in alphabetical order so this should be sufficient.

I was informed last night in the OPT thread that someone (using OPT, MKS and GPP) built an airplane (not a spaceplane) with just one engine, one of my custom jet engines and got himself an Iota encounter, and with it a gravity assist that would trap him in orbit. Lol-worthy and the height of epicness.

Pictures of Gael, the aircraft and the orbit are in the post.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Is Scatterer required for this to work? Unfortunately my computer doesn't handle graphic mods all that well, but CKAN is forcing me to install scatterer along with GPP. I tried deleting it after the fact and it also deleted GPP. If I manually remove scatterer will GPP fail?

11 minutes ago, pearldrumbum said:

Is Scatterer required for this to work? Unfortunately my computer doesn't handle graphic mods all that well, but CKAN is forcing me to install scatterer along with GPP. I tried deleting it after the fact and it also deleted GPP. If I manually remove scatterer will GPP fail?

Scatterer is not required.

When in orbit of Lili, my ship teleports to random points along its orbit whenever I turn on time warp. Is this a known issue? Clean install btw.

Edit: I tried moving Lili into a higher orbit which made the effect smaller but it's still there. So I think it's to do with Lili being so close to Tellumo. Going to see now if it produces anything noticeable in the log.

Edited by Sahadara

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Sahadara i'm sure this is a minor computational issue that happens sporadically, and regardless of GPP's presence in th install. It may be due to some issue unique to your CPU and KSP...?

The strange thing is, that it only happens in orbit of Lili, and when Lili is moved to an even higher orbit, the effect disappears completely. So it definitely seems to be due to Lili's close proximity to Tellumo.

2 hours ago, Sahadara said:

When in orbit of Lili, my ship teleports to random points along its orbit whenever I turn on time warp. Is this a known issue? Clean install btw.

Edit: I tried moving Lili into a higher orbit which made the effect smaller but it's still there. So I think it's to do with Lili being so close to Tellumo. Going to see now if it produces anything noticeable in the log.

I have noticed this issue as well in my 2.5x scale save. It seems to happen if you don't land right near or on Lilli's poles. I thought when I scaled up to 2.5x the (slightly) higher gravity for Lilli might help, it seems this is to no avail. 

1 hour ago, Sahadara said:

The strange thing is, that it only happens in orbit of Lili, and when Lili is moved to an even higher orbit, the effect disappears completely. So it definitely seems to be due to Lili's close proximity to Tellumo.

Can confirm, I get this at 6.4 scale too, and I’m several versions out of date now so it must’ve been around for a while. 

20 hours ago, Danilka said:

How you made the effect of inclination of the axis for gas giant texture? I'm sorry for my english!pKRSXUS.jpg

I used a program called 'Pano2VR'. It is very useful, one of the tools it features is the ability to rotate the input texture around a sphere using offset and roll and then the ability to export said texture.