[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, A_beholder said:

Is there any way I could have the Gallelean system off somewhere else (A centuri esque) so I could reach it in a game from kerbin?

GPP should be compatible with GN so that's one way to do it

58 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

And post about it, of course!

I'll do it for sure.

@ all

My crew has returned from Gauss today. They were on the "road" for 27 years. A mothership with lander, a Tarsiss SSTO, Catulluslander, Catullus Spaceplane, two Relays and a Survey probe. I had never had such an effort. There was a lot of data for this. I collected 440 records. They have brought 25652 science points, at 30%.

Here are 2 pictures

Pick up the crew with the CrewSSTO

AssgXnn.jpg

Science Reward

Mg4ZmPf.jpg

Here is a link to the corresponding entry.

finally at home

Now I need a break. 5 or 10 minutes, not more.

Ok guys - Tellumo really, really, seriously no-lie is inhabited by a race of land-based space Krakens. After building a probe which could survive (legitimately, with part G-limits) atmospheric entry at ~16 km/s from low Tellumo orbit, I discovered that any physics warping, many examples of parachute deployment, vessel loading/unloading or some decoupling will result in the remains of my precious probe being accelerated (with about a 50/50 distribution) either into deep space or the core of the planet at a respectable fraction of light speed. While Jebediah Kerman might consider such a vessel a literal path to his God, I am not nearly so impressed. 

After about 10 tries, I managed to land a probe at snail-speed parachute drift. It promptly stabilized while floating about 6 feet above the visible ground, but since I got my science data and cheat-menued the multiple-biome contract (as I lost 2 out of my 4 probes to the Kraken Defense Force) so I am happy for now. 

All these worlds are yours, EXCEPT TELLUMO. DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT IT - NO SERIOUSLY JEB WHAT ARE YOu doing is this signal getting redshifted...

The Republica Gaelia (in cooperation with Maxtech Aerospace) has declared the planet "Niven" free of Space Krakens after the successful landing of multiple empty snack containers with parachutes advanced robotic probes. While conditions are somewhat warm, there is no Oxygen to speak of and water is a distant memory, otherwise Niven seems to be a fine place to live. This is why we're here. 

(In all seriousness, I think Tellumo just stresses the physics engine too much with the thick atmosphere and heavy gravity)

I am playing a game in 6.4 scale. Time warp rates are pretty low in Gael orbit. Do you have any experience with adjusting this?

Gael.cfg allows adjustings this line:

timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 25000 38000 70000 150000 300000 600000 900000

Bt what, If a want to increase rates as in RealSolarSystem.

REALSOLARSYSTEM
{
	// GENERAL PARAMETERS
	//cam01NearClip = 1

timeWarpRates
	{
		rate1 = 10
		rate2 = 100
		rate3 = 1000
		rate4 = 10000
		rate5 = 100000
		rate6 = 1000000
		rate7 = 6000000
	}
}

That code is not working without an install of RSS. Shall I install the RSS DLL and hope that nothing else brakes?

Edited by New Horizons

12 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

That code is not working without an install of RSS. Shall I install the RSS DLL and hope that nothing else brakes?

Yes. Install it and let us know how things work out. From one dev to another. :wink: I do expect some form of conflict with Sigma Dimensions but hey, that mightn't happen.

Or you can rewrite those limits and save yourself the trouble of RSS dependency.

5 hours ago, New Horizons said:

I am playing a game in 6.4 scale. Time warp rates are pretty low in Gael orbit. Do you have any experience with adjusting this?

Low as in the speeds are too low and you want to time warp faster, or low as in the altitudes at which the limits change are set too low?

If the former, what version of Sigma Dimensions are you using?  Sigma Dimensions 0.7.5 changed the way it does time warp limits.  It now changes time warp limits by the resize factor when resize < 1, but it doesn't change them at all when resize >= 1. (It previously changed time warp limits by the atmosphere factors for bodies with atmospheres, and by the resize factor for bodies without atmospheres.)  In other words, at 6.4x the time warp limits are the same as they are at 1x.  That should be plenty fast enough for you.

If you mean the later, I can probably help you write a ModuleManager config that raises the altitudes, but I need to know more specifically the problem you're trying to address before I can recommend anything.

5 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Quick question: I see Sigma Dimensions has an update out. Safe to upgrade?

No don't update yet. Changes are made in the dev side to support the latest update but not in the current release. Upgrading will cause some issues. 

1 hour ago, Urses said:

Hi @all, i run in some funny situation.

Found one greeny but no technode upgrade. intentional?

Hide contents

Funny Kabooms

Urses

I didnt even know that was possible. If that is the normal behavior then I dunno what could be the issue

I sent two poor dogs to Grannus.

D5Yo57B.jpg

The LVN were intended for the ejection maneuver. I was not stingy and sent them for over 5800 m/s. That saves a lot of flight time. Now they have more than 30000 m/s dV in the ion engines.

It should last 22 years until the influence of the red point is reached. The point of greatest approximation should be reached after over 37 years of flight time. Optimistic estimates assume less than 90 years of flight time.

I put Maneuver Nodes at the CiroPE and simulated an orbit for Gael. That would have to be around 6600 m/s dV I will need to come back home. This is much less than I thought. Here you can see the loop of which I had talked about. Similar to the Apollo flight plan. 

SXrPs7O.jpg

Normally everything should go. I just may not fly by too close at Grannus.

Edited by astroheiko

39 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I didnt even know that was possible. If that is the normal behavior then I dunno what could be the issue

The green ones aktivate one open node in tech tree if they are found. And Give a Milestone achivemnt. in GPP both isn't flagged but they are present^^ and it is not realy a world breacking problem :wink:

We have more as enough since to gather:D

See it as a side note

Funny Kabooms

Urses

56 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

This is much less than I thought. Here you can see the loop of which I had talked about. Similar to the Apollo flight plan. 

This maneuver works realy good as planechange too. For recovery in prograde and retrograde orbits as example. No need for high orbits for 180deg plane changes.

Urses

3 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Imagine trying that with TAC life support! You'd need hundreds of tons of consumables. 

With USI-LS it works.

Lili%20I_zps2eohan56.png

So this is what it takes to get an orbiter/lander probe to Lili. Since I only had 2.5 meter parts, I went for the tried and true radial multiplication pattern, with a liberal application of struts and Kraken repellent. The first stage is 12 twin-boars.

By the way, this is with KRnD upgraded cryogenic rockets with 500+ vacuum ISP - without them the rockets get so large that with 2.5m parts it is just not realistic to make them. 

Well - I am never putting anything in a low polar orbit of Lili again. SOMEONE (Kepler maybe? Brache? Halley? One of those telescope guys...) decided to give it a 20km+ high equatorial bulge in combination with super-rotation and (if it was possible) the whole dang thing likely disintegrating when hit by DMagics seismic impact hammer. 

Best views in the solar system though. Sadly, my KSP toaster (7 year old desktop with a graphics card retrofit) runs it at a low enough resolution to make Tellumo look like something rendered on an Atari 2600.