[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

Just install GPP_Secondary.. all the information you are looking for is in the readme.

I've installed it. Yes, Cairo became another star system, but outerplanet mod also became as ciro's system planets, but has to add stock system planets

4 minutes ago, DuskFall said:

I've installed it. Yes, Cairo became another star system, but outerplanet mod also became as ciro's system planets, but has to add stock system planets

Sounds like you don’t have the latest GPP installed. OPM was moved around the sun in 1.5.3.

5 minutes ago, DuskFall said:

It's not compatible. Loading freezes on main screem

It is compatible, make sure you have the latest kopernicus for 1.3, and the GPP_Textures.

Edited by Galileo

39 minutes ago, DuskFall said:

It didn't help

Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. 

1.5.3 is the exact same as 1.5.2 except for the changes to the GPP_Secondary and aesthetic changes to Grannus. If you cant get it to work, its something you are doing wrong. I just ran it perfectly in 1.3.

Edited by Galileo

So I'm gonna start a new GPP career called Galileo's Colonials, I'll be playing with MKS and SSTU fo the first time but unsure if my PC can handle filming it, do you guys think 8GB RAM is enough? I also got the high resolution clouds. Either way, I'll be doing a mission report for it. 

Edited by The-Doctor

13 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

So I'm gonna start a new GPP career called Galileo's Colonials, I'll be playing with MKS and SSTU fo the first time but unsure if my PC can handle filming it, do you guys think 8GB RAM is enough? I also got the high resolution clouds. Either way, I'll be doing a mission report for it. 

Definitely NOT. 

GPP was the reason I bought more memory for my computer.  It does not run well in 8 GB.

8 GB will run GPP if you don't use the visual mods.  I had only 8 GB until just recently.  I was able to play GPP just fine provided I didn't install EVE and scatterer.  EVE particularly killed my performance to the point the game was unplayable.  If you want to play GPP + EVE, you should definitely increase your RAM.  I'm now at 32 GB, but I've heard 16 GB is enough (perhaps somebody else can verify that).

11 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

8 GB will run GPP if you don't use the visual mods.  I had only 8 GB until just recently.  I was able to play GPP just fine provided I didn't install EVE and scatterer.  EVE particularly killed my performance to the point the game was unplayable.  If you want to play GPP + EVE, you should definitely increase your RAM.  I'm now at 32 GB, but I've heard 16 GB is enough (perhaps somebody else can verify that).

well it's running smoothly so far, I expect lag once I get to colonization

10 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

well it's running smoothly so far, I expect lag once I get to colonization

It’s not just lag you have to worry about, but crashes too due to running out of memory.

GPP uses over 6gb of ram with visual mods. Add other mods, especially part packs, and you can expect crashes. I wouldn’t expect crashes in the beginning of a career, but as vessels get larger and you have more going on, crashes are likely. Go ahead and give it a go, though.

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor granted you're using MKS I can't help but feel this craft is lacking in some way as a personnel transport. But the basis of the design is very nice. I've been entertaining ideas for something remotely like this.

The ship was designed with Kerbalism, it's able to take a crew of 4 on a one way trip to Duna. I stuffed a lot of stuff inside it through part clipping in the VAB, it was the only way to make it look like this. I'm gonna do some edits to remove some unnecessary parts so that it's only Vens stock part revamp and near future solar that are needed, even then, simply stock and near future solar should be enough.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

Yeah... I'm running 16GB of DDR3 and GPP with EVE and scatterer, and hi-res clouds.  Runs smoothly for me.  My comp is actually a fairly old build, about three-four years old, but was set up with 3D rendering in mind.  Frankly, I'm surprised it still runs KSP well enough, not to mention newer games like Witcher 3 and others at high/maxxed settings.  Then again, I'm not a framerate junkie, and anything above 20 FPS is fine with me.

2 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo when installing sve through ckan, it gives the option to install scatter or GPP, is this for the sunflare? Could I install GPP's sunflare for SVE?

That’s not right.. no and no they won’t work with GPP. I guess I’ll have to change the netkan myself.