[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'd like to collaborate with you to ensure that both mods can co-exist peacefully. 

the few tests I've done have always shown LSM and SLS could work together but I'm not excluding there could be some issues

if there are any compatibility issues I don't have any problems in adding some fixes

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

my other issue is the DDS only, which prevents people from using their own screen-captures for the loading screen

this is not in the scope of my mod, plus LSM already provides this feature and my mod won't remove those loading screens once LSM has added them

finally, regarding

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

my problem with the wrong/replicated screens

if this is caused by SLS or by an interaction between SLS and LSM, I just need a way to reproduce the issue and I'll fix anything wrong on my side

Just now, Sigma88 said:

the few tests I've done have always shown LSM and SLS could work together but I'm not excluding there could be some issues

if there are any compatibility issues I don't have any problems in adding some fixes

That is good news.

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

if this is caused by SLS or by an interaction between SLS and LSM, I just need a way to reproduce the issue and I'll fix anything wrong on my side

It's not, because LSM wasn't loaded when I was streaming last night.  Something else is going on, I'll get you the info this evening.

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's not, because LSM wasn't loaded when I was streaming last night.  Something else is going on, I'll get you the info this evening.

if LSM is not installed it means that those black screens are .dds

because my mod can't load other types of images

it should be pretty easy to find which mod distributes such textures, and they must be distributing a SLS config since GPP does not have that image

it's weird because I had no idea anyone other than GPP was using my mod

I wrote a bad post this morning, and would like to express my apologies to @Sigma88  

There was no excuse for it, I can only plead exhaustion for it. 

I've edited and deleted the text in question, but I can't do anything about the posts where it was referenced.  It would be appreciated if the authors of those responses removed the bad manners.

@Sigma88 writes great stuff, and I should not have posted publicly the way I did

4 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

I recently moved to linux and encountered the pluginData problem which I took on as described here but that solved only half the problem.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hGNkk

Any advice?

Yep, there is an issue currently with Linux and Kopernicus. This has been addressed in the test versions on Kopernicus and should be fixed later. Until then, you can convert the ring and star textures to png, and change the file extensions in the cfgs.

Hello! First of all: this doesn't have to do with the mod in particular, I'm just hoping someone in this thread might have run into the same problem and knows a solution.

I've started playing KSP again after a long absence, but my old 1.2 save isn't working like it used to, so I've been thinking of starting a new save.

However, I have run into problems downloading large mods (GPP most notably, but others too) from GitHub. Any mods more than 20mb seems to fail downloading most of the time (and all the time over 100mb), dropping to 0 b/s and then giving a network error. This happens in both chrome and CKAN, and as I dictated this I tested in Microsoft Edge and that failed as well.

Does anybody know what might be wrong?

10 minutes ago, Fobok said:

However, I have run into problems downloading large mods (GPP most notably, but others too) from GitHub. Any mods more than 20mb seems to fail downloading most of the time (and all the time over 100mb), dropping to 0 b/s and then giving a network error. This happens in both chrome and CKAN, and as I dictated this I tested in Microsoft Edge and that failed as well.

GitHub throttles their downloads, although exactly when and how is an ongoing mystery.

Hopefully a future release of CKAN will finally be able to do something about this. It might help your browser download if you log in to GitHub, if you haven't already.

36 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

GitHub throttles their downloads, although exactly when and how is an ongoing mystery.

Hopefully a future release of CKAN will finally be able to do something about this. It might help your browser download if you log in to GitHub, if you haven't already.

Thanks for the answer, and the link! Unfortunately, logging in didn't help, so I guess I'll have to keep trying (via browser, for now) at different times during the day to hopefully find a time that it isn't being throttled.

Edited by Fobok
clarification

Hi, All

Was able to upgrade to 1.6.0.1 successfully today, mainly because I haven't built any surface bases and was able to get all ships in orbit.

Went to look at new landing spots on Eta, and noticed that the South Pole biome stretched past the equator, all the way up to around 40 deg N in some spots. Is that correct or is it an artifact of the upgrade? Thanks

Edited by Gilph
bad typo

7 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Hi, All

Was able to upgrade to 1.6.0.1 successfully today, mainly because I haven't built any surface bases and was able to get all ships in orbit.

Went to look at new landing spots on Eta, and noticed that the South Pole biome was exting past the equator, all the way up to around 40 deg N in some spots. Is that correct or is it an artifact of the upgrade? Thanks

Can you post a screenshot?

Here it is. The gray section was labeled as south pole and is pretty extensive. It actually extends all the way to North Pole.

I also updated Scansat and got the same result.  If the Eta map is not correct, I can do some things with Scansat to see if I need to rescan the bodies that changed.

Thanks

ceYdI6M.png

22 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Here it is. The gray section was labeled as south pole and is pretty extensive. It actually extends all the way to North Pole.

I also updated Scansat and got the same result.  If the Eta map is not correct, I can do some things with Scansat to see if I need to rescan the bodies that changed.

Thanks

ceYdI6M.png

I've had the same problem the last few days, ever since I got to Thalia - sorry I didn't report it earlier.  South Pole biome is here, there, and everywhere.

Hello. I just came here to say: Great mod! I especially like the crew/eva reports. They give me quite the chuckle. I am playing with 2.5 Rescale and man! It's hard. I've been playing for about 20 hours and I am only now finishing with Iota. Ugh.. So many DV miscalculations and rescue/refuel missions...

It's fun though. Thanks.

UPDATE

v1.6.1.0

change log

REQUIRES GPP_TEXTURES 4.1.0

• Update for Kopernicus 1.3.1-5/6
  • File structures have changed to take full advantage of On Demand Loading in Kopernicus
    • Speeds up loading time and saves RAM during gameplay.
  • Terrain scatter is easily disabled and enabled by the EnableColliders.cfg in the GPP/GPP_Configs
  • Fixed error with Eta biome map

This update will not break careers. only file structure has changed.

oh and sea gulls are quieter....

Download and install instructions linked in the OP. Enjoy!

Edited by Galileo

*edit* I read the "this will break your save" on the front page and not the "this will not break your careers" on the post above :P

Personal foolishness aside, 5.9gb at the KSC screen with GPP+GEP and a ton of other mods. This is impressive :) 

Edited by eddiew

1 hour ago, eddiew said:

*edit* I read the "this will break your save" on the front page and not the "this will not break your careers" on the post above :P

Personal foolishness aside, 5.9gb at the KSC screen with GPP+GEP and a ton of other mods. This is impressive :) 

Kopernicus 1.3.1-4 breaks planet packs (with new body config syntax) and phases out numerical flight global indexes. This could be the game-breaking part-- in Kopernicus if anywhere, not in GPP. It's now safe to add or remove a planet pack mid-game without fear of your launched crafts getting shuffled between planets. But goodbye to your save if you're a player who grabs the Kopernicus updates but misses the warnings. 

I do hope there are warnings about. I'm not a Kopernicus dev after all. :D 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I tried upgrading via CKAN and it didn't work. after I completed I realized that 1.6.1.0 wasn't on CKAN yet. CKAN updated GPP Textures (4.1.0), sigma dimensions (0.9.7) and Kopernicus (1.3.1-5). Afterwards the game loads but it's the stock solar system. 

I deleted GPP folder, downloaded and reinstalled manually including GPP Textures. No dice...I'm still seeing the stock system. Not even sure where to start to troubleshoot this. Last time I saw this it was because of a compatibility issue between Kopernicus and GPP. 

Any suggestions on where to start? would logs help? thanks so much!

Edited by Tyko