[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

5 hours ago, Phil Kerman said:

"OPM´s antenna boost" just for my correct understanding, the biggest JX antenna ( I already have the JX mod installed)  has 1000G regularly. In my case the antenna does only have 250G. The second largest one (300G) only has 75G atm. That´s how it should be?

No, that's absolutely not how it should be-- that's clearly broken.  I'll need to look into fixing JX2Antenna appropriately, but in the meantime, you can fix this problem by going into the JX2Antenna/Patches folder and deleting the file called jx2_OPM.cfg.  That ought to fix the problem for you.  (Thanks for the heads-up, @JadeOfMaar!)

Technobabble about what's going on in spoiler section, for the curious.

Spoiler

JX2Antenna adds new antennas that are more powerful than the stock antennas.  The idea is to provide longer-range antennas at the top end of the tech tree, to support modded solar systems that are much larger than the stock ones.

However, those big solar systems (like OPM, or GPP, or New Horizons) were already around before JX2 existed, which means that they needed to come up with their own solutions to make this work.  Different mods came up with different solutions.

Outer Planets (OPM) "fixed" the problem by greatly increasing the power of the tracking station in KSC, and also by multiplying all antennas' power by a factor of 4.  Those "power-ups" aren't needed if JX2 is installed, so it has a patch which resets the tracking station's power to the default stock levels, and which cuts all antenna powers by a factor of 4 in order to cancel out OPM's boost thereto.  The JX2 file that does this is called jx2_OPM.cfg.

That's all well and good... except, what if both GPP and OPM are installed?

Well, it turns out that some time after JX2 was released, GPP made some sort of an OPM compatibility patch itself, and in that case GPP undoes the range patch that OPM installed.  Which means that if you then have JX2 installed as well, it doesn't know that GPP already canceled out the OPM range boost, and so JX2 ends up unintentionally nerfing its own antennas (and all the stock ones) by a factor of 4.

To fix this, I'll need to figure out how to update JX2Antenna so that it can correctly handle the case where both OPM and GPP are installed.  Until then, though, you can fix the problem simply by removing the jx2_OPM.cfg file that applies this patch.

1 hour ago, Snark said:

No, that's absolutely not how it should be-- that's clearly broken.  I'll need to look into fixing JX2Antenna appropriately, but in the meantime, you can fix this problem by going into the JX2Antenna/Patches folder and deleting the file called jx2_OPM.cfg.  That ought to fix the problem for you.  (Thanks for the heads-up, @JadeOfMaar!)

Technobabble about what's going on in spoiler section, for the curious.

Hide contents

JX2Antenna adds new antennas that are more powerful than the stock antennas.  The idea is to provide longer-range antennas at the top end of the tech tree, to support modded solar systems that are much larger than the stock ones.

However, those big solar systems (like OPM, or GPP, or New Horizons) were already around before JX2 existed, which means that they needed to come up with their own solutions to make this work.  Different mods came up with different solutions.

Outer Planets (OPM) "fixed" the problem by greatly increasing the power of the tracking station in KSC, and also by multiplying all antennas' power by a factor of 4.  Those "power-ups" aren't needed if JX2 is installed, so it has a patch which resets the tracking station's power to the default stock levels, and which cuts all antenna powers by a factor of 4 in order to cancel out OPM's boost thereto.  The JX2 file that does this is called jx2_OPM.cfg.

That's all well and good... except, what if both GPP and OPM are installed?

Well, it turns out that some time after JX2 was released, GPP made some sort of an OPM compatibility patch itself, and in that case GPP undoes the range patch that OPM installed.  Which means that if you then have JX2 installed as well, it doesn't know that GPP already canceled out the OPM range boost, and so JX2 ends up unintentionally nerfing its own antennas (and all the stock ones) by a factor of 4.

To fix this, I'll need to figure out how to update JX2Antenna so that it can correctly handle the case where both OPM and GPP are installed.  Until then, though, you can fix the problem simply by removing the jx2_OPM.cfg file that applies this patch.

Sounds good! Removing the opm patch works for me atm. I really like how you guys care about the game!!! 

21 minutes ago, woeller said:

While playing with GPP Secondary and OPM it seems that Aasteroids only spawn in the Ciro System, but not around the Sun. That seems wrong to me, or is it intended?

It’s not really intended. It’s just a limitation of the stock asteroids system and there isn’t anything we can do about it.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It’s not really intended. It’s just a limitation of the stock asteroids system and there isn’t anything we can do about it.

So you have either asteroids around Ciro or around the Sun? Then it would be better the asteroid would spawn around the sun and not around Ciro, as Kerbin is the home planet.

11 minutes ago, woeller said:

So you have either asteroids around Ciro or around the Sun? Then it would be better the asteroid would spawn around the sun and not around Ciro, as Kerbin is the home planet.

Then remove the asteroid cfg in the GPP_Planets folder. You will probably need to start a new game for the asteroids to spawn in the locations you want. 

And just to to be clear for those that are confused, Kerbin is NOT the home world, unless you are using GPP_Secondary. 

Edited by Galileo

30 minutes ago, woeller said:

While playing with GPP Secondary and OPM it seems that Aasteroids only spawn in the Ciro System, but not around the Sun. That seems wrong to me, or is it intended?

I think GPP's config that deletes the stock asteroid belts is not conditional (it's not aware of when not to activate) and that this situation was not expected. open GameData\GPP\GPP_Configs\Asteroids.cfg and change this line (at the top, line 3 to be exact) !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]{} to !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]{} ...or just delete it.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I think GPP's config that deletes the stock asteroid belts is not conditional (it's not aware of when not to activate) and that this situation was not expected. open GameData\GPP\GPP_Configs\Asteroids.cfg and change this line (at the top, line 3 to be exact) !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]{} to !Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]{} ...or just delete it.

Thomas P. suggested this to me :D

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[GPP]:NEEDS[GPP_Secondary]
{
    @Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]],*
    {
        author = ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    }
}

14 hours ago, Galileo said:

With a new game I've forced asteroids to spawn in the various locations by cheating a small probe into orbit around each of the bodies that are supposed to have asteroids. Looks like the game won't spawn asteroids in an area that's not visited. By putting something in orbit around each it "activated" spawning for that body. 

Edited by Tyko

Every time I try to start up my game, as soon as it get to the part where it shows it loading up the cockpit, the game will crash. I thought it was originally the mod Galactic Neighborhood, but after removing it and other mods, including this one, the Outer planet pack, and the Grannus pack, it just keeps crashing. I removed a bunch of other mods, and I got it working again where it would load up the menu, but then I had barely any mods. This is the only game that is crashing right now, so I don't think it is my computer Here is the link to DropBox, so if anyone can help, that would be awesome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3gvh9qedm6pr96/output_log.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

Every time I try to start up my game, as soon as it get to the part where it shows it loading up the cockpit, the game will crash. I thought it was originally the mod Galactic Neighborhood, but after removing it and other mods, including this one, the Outer planet pack, and the Grannus pack, it just keeps crashing. I removed a bunch of other mods, and I got it working again where it would load up the menu, but then I had barely any mods. This is the only game that is crashing right now, so I don't think it is my computer Here is the link to DropBox, so if anyone can help, that would be awesome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3gvh9qedm6pr96/output_log.txt?dl=0

So you removed all your mods, including this one, and it still crashes? I wouldn’t know where to even begin helping you with this then. I know how to debug my mods, but that’s about it. Seeing as this doesn’t seem to have anything to do with GPP or OPM, and the issue seems to lie with a stock cockpit, according to the logs, the only thing I can suggest is that you check the integrity of your files through steam or maybe reinstall KSP.

Edited by Galileo

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

So you removed all your mods, including this one, and it still crashes? I wouldn’t know where to even begin helping you with this then. I know how to debug my mods, but that’s about it. Seeing as this doesn’t seem to have anything to do with GPP or OPM, and the issue seems to lie with a stock cockpit, according to the logs, the only thing I can suggest is that you check the integrity of your files through steam or maybe reinstall KSP.

Well I had a couple of mods put back and it worked then, but I am still trying to figure out what is causing this issue with the other mods. In the error file, it says something about mono.dll, but when I uninstalled the game, it brought back EVERYTHING (as in, all the mods that I had were still there), so I am trying to download the ksp folders with the dll files again and see if that gets me anywhere.

So I am having a problem with GPP Secondary.  When it is installed, the Mun, minimus and about half the planets have no biomes.

I did a fresh install, ran the game, installed Kopernicus, ran the game, installed GPP and GPP secondary (And their required dependencies) ran the game.

The first time I ran it (Vanilla) - Mun has biomes.
The second time I ran it (Kopernicus) - Mun has biomes.
Last time I ran it(GPP, GPP Sec) - No biomes.  When I try to do an EVA Report the console shows the following error: 

[Experiments]:  Setting FX Modules to 1...
[Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
Exception:  IndexOutOfRangeException: Array Index is out of range.

Suggestions?

-Hawke

41 minutes ago, oO Hawke Oo said:

So I am having a problem with GPP Secondary.  When it is installed, the Mun, minimus and about half the planets have no biomes.

I did a fresh install, ran the game, installed Kopernicus, ran the game, installed GPP and GPP secondary (And their required dependencies) ran the game.

The first time I ran it (Vanilla) - Mun has biomes.
The second time I ran it (Kopernicus) - Mun has biomes.
Last time I ran it(GPP, GPP Sec) - No biomes.  When I try to do an EVA Report the console shows the following error: 

[Experiments]:  Setting FX Modules to 1...
[Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
Exception:  IndexOutOfRangeException: Array Index is out of range.

Suggestions?

-Hawke

Same Problem here.

5 hours ago, Rainbow Pickles said:

I'm a newbie here and this is the first mod that I've installed.

My issue is that Gael's sky is still black even in morning. I've installed GGP textures and kopernicus, and I'm wondering if the issue is the mod or (most likely) me.

Have you gone through an entire day-night cycle?  A new game in GPP starts at midnight local KSC time, so you have to wait for the sun to come up.  This is done on purpose.  A time of 0:00 on the clock is midnight at KSC, and 3:00 (midday) is noon.  In stock a new game start with the sun already up.  If you are indeed experiencing a black sky throughout an entire day-night cycle, then that's something else.  I've never heard of that problem before.  You're going to have to provide more information for anyone to help you.  Click on the "How to get support" button in Galileo's signature and follow the instructions.