[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

13 minutes ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

Finally got it working, but I have a (very) minor issue. when I start to zoom out in the tracking center, the orbit pathways will just disappear.

This is by design in Kopernicus for now. This was fix was implemented to remove the flickering orbit lines when zoomed out far. A fix in Kopernicus is forthcoming.

I feel like this is where all forum posts go bad, but I'm not sure where to post this. I'm having an issue with KSC Switcher, which doesn't seem to have an active forum thread, and seems to have been adopted separately by GPP and Realism Overhaul. TBH I can't even be sure if anyone is even trying to support it.. but it's included in the GitHub download as an 'optional mod' so there's that? And it doesn't feel right to file an issue with GPP since it's a different mod entirely.

Issue: Recovering a craft anywhere on Gael that isn't 'BIOME at GSC' or on the launchpad/runway results in an erroneous distance, often in the hundreds of kilometers. (The problem here being that in career mode you don't get appropriate refunds.)

Reproduction Steps: 
1. Install GPP according to the install guide.
2. Install KSCSwitcher.
3. In the Tracking Station, click on any of the launch-sites provided by KSCSwitcher, yes any of them.
4. Launch a craft, and recover it >3ish kilometers away (I used the smallest SRB and the Mk1, with some fins, tilting over right away and parachuting down gets you the distance you need.)
You should get a recovery distance of hundreds of kilometers, or at least a -wrong- number. Someone else posted about this a long while ago, but no-one replied to him.

I tried for awhile to fix this myself, and discovered an actual oversight with the .cfg that refers to KSCSwitcher, it lacks a replacement for the 'DefaultSite' variable, if you set this to the name of one of the sites, ex. KSC_Main, then when you start a new campaign you won't need to go into the tracking station, the glitch will already be observable. Ironically, if you never use KSCSwitcher, you'll never be bothered by this.

Another note is that if you are using KerbalKonstructs (just the native additions GPP provides.) then as soon as the glitch is active, you won't be able to see the additions it makes in the Space Center screen anymore. Though they still appear if you load a craft while at the main launch site.

Obviously this is easily fixed by.. just not using the KSC Switcher mod, or by not caring about recovery distance, the former is what I'm doing, but I spent all day puzzling over this so I might as well post my findings so I can get told I'm making a simple mistake.

KSP 1.3.1.1891 w/ Mods Installed:
Galileo's Planet Pack 1.6.1.0
GPP Textures 4.1.0
Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier 1.3.1-6
KSCSwitcher (GPP Vers, no version ID.)
ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.4.0
Module Manager 3.0.4
scatterer v0.0324
scatterer - default config v0.0324

Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G4Q0uTieihq1GoqiHEpb6pconJAtXB6o

Edited by Maldouran

Afternoon all,

Loving the mod so far, the detail is incredible and there's so much more to explore, its breathtaking how good it is. I'm just wondering whether its possible to keep Kerbin as the original home planet (but having the modified moons around it). I'm sorry if this has been asked previously. 

@Maldouran It hand't occurred to me (oversight) to add to the Known Issues section that KSC++ and KSC Switcher are incompatible. But this new find is interesting. So the game is somehow still counting the KSC's default location apart from where you switched the KSC to? And with or without a valid setting for "DefaultSite"? :/ 

@Xein On behalf of Team Galileo I'm happy you're enjoying. GPP has done its job. :sticktongue: But sorry, we're not going to help you to make GPP operate like that.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Maldouran It hand't occurred to me (oversight) to add to the Known Issues section that KSC++ and KSC Switcher are incompatible. But this new find is interesting. So the game is somehow still counting the KSC's default location apart from where you switched the KSC to? And with or without a valid setting for "DefaultSite"? :/ 

@Xein On behalf of Team Galileo I'm happy you're enjoying. GPP has done its job. :sticktongue: But sorry, we're not going to help you to make GPP operate like that.

That's no problem at all, I love the fantastic work you have done with the planets/moons. Incredible work. Thank you.

Hi All,

Was just wrapping up scanning Nero's moons and was scanning Julia. On the SCANSAT map, the biome Greater Pigments is being displayed as

#LOC_GPP_Planets_Biome_Greater PigmentsDisplayName

In looking at Julia.cfg, I noticed that the Greater Pigments displayName is the only one with a space in it. Could that be the reason?

9 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Hi All,

Was just wrapping up scanning Nero's moons and was scanning Julia. On the SCANSAT map, the biome Greater Pigments is being displayed as

#LOC_GPP_Planets_Biome_Greater PigmentsDisplayName

In looking at Julia.cfg, I noticed that the Greater Pigments displayName is the only one with a space in it. Could that be the reason?

Very well could be. Will have a look!

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:18 AM, Maldouran said:

Issue: Recovering a craft anywhere on Gael that isn't 'BIOME at GSC' or on the launchpad/runway results in an erroneous distance, often in the hundreds of kilometers. (The problem here being that in career mode you don't get appropriate refunds.)

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:18 AM, Maldouran said:

You should get a recovery distance of hundreds of kilometers, or at least a -wrong- number. Someone else posted about this a long while ago, but no-one replied to him.

That may have been my post. In my MKS save, I would make Refined Exotics on Iota and return to Gael at a potential profit of about 4M funds per trip. I would not do a powered landing on Gael, so I really needed to land close to what the game thought of as KSC to maximize the recovery percentage. Landing close to Rooks Glory was about 75%, which meant I lost about 1M funds each time. After a lot of test landings, I found a small lake west and a little north of Rooks Glory that got me to like 96%, iirc. It was not near any base, so I always assumed it the KSC reference for recovery was hard coded from stock and GPP and KSC Switcher could not change it. I switched to more of an exploration career save that did not use MKS, so I never really followed up with the issue.

Thanks for reporting this. It will be great if there was a simple fix to it.

27 minutes ago, njbrown09 said:

does the latest version not have kerbalism support?

GPP hasn't had Kerbalism support since before version 1.5.0 (released last September).  Kerbalism doesn't support multiple star systems, and since GPP is a binary star system, we dropped support because it didn't work right.  The Kerbalism dev promised to add GPP support on his end, but it looks like he has since abandoned work on the mod.  So in short, GPP and Kerbalism don't work together and likely never will.

9 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

GPP hasn't had Kerbalism support since before version 1.5.0 (released last September).  Kerbalism doesn't support multiple star systems, and since GPP is a binary star system, we dropped support because it didn't work right.  The Kerbalism dev promised to add GPP support on his end, but it looks like he has since abandoned work on the mod.  So in short, GPP and Kerbalism don't work together and likely never will.

Hmm. i added the old GPP_Kerbalism config back into the files, and it boots and rad belts show(ive never used kerbalism before, so idk). Is there something wrong that i havent yet noticed?

Edited by njbrown09

3 hours ago, njbrown09 said:

Hmm. i added the old GPP_Kerbalism config back into the files, and it boots and rad belts show(ive never used kerbalism before, so idk). Is there something wrong that i havent yet noticed?

The radiation belts work OK as I recall, but you'll have problems with solar panels.  Kerbalism is incompatible with Kopernicus' solar panel module for multiple stars.  Rather than fix the problem, Kerbalism just disables Kopernicus' solar panels.  Therefore any of Kopernicus' solar panel features aren't present, and solar panels won't work at all around any star other than Ciro.

If you just want to play GPP as a single star system, then you might be OK.  But if you plan to visit Grannus or use any of the expansion mods like GEP or OPM, then you'll definitely have problems.  And if any other issues crop up, you'll likely not get help from the GPP devs because we don't support Kerbalism.  And I don't think the Kerbalism dev is supporting it any longer either.

9 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The radiation belts work OK as I recall, but you'll have problems with solar panels.  Kerbalism is incompatible with Kopernicus' solar panel module for multiple stars.  Rather than fix the problem, Kerbalism just disables Kopernicus' solar panels.  Therefore any of Kopernicus' solar panel features aren't present, and solar panels won't work at all around any star other than Ciro.

If you just want to play GPP as a single star system, then you might be OK.  But if you plan to visit Grannus or use any of the expansion mods like GEP or OPM, then you'll definitely have problems.  And if any other issues crop up, you'll likely not get help from the GPP devs because we don't support Kerbalism.  And I don't think the Kerbalism dev is supporting it any longer either.

Ah ok. I think i did notice that while using hyperedit. thanks!

So I have notice a lot of the tech tree nodes are empty in my game, For instance everything from "advanced heat management" and on show no parts to unlock, as well as nodes such as "advanced colonization" "exotic solar technology" "advanced fusion reactions" "anything at all in the "specialized science tech" tree and various other tech nodes. Are all of these there just for the Far Future Technology mod pack? or are there other mod packs I am missing?

49 minutes ago, EricSan said:

So I have notice a lot of the tech tree nodes are empty in my game, For instance everything from "advanced heat management" and on show no parts to unlock, as well as nodes such as "advanced colonization" "exotic solar technology" "advanced fusion reactions" "anything at all in the "specialized science tech" tree and various other tech nodes. Are all of these there just for the Far Future Technology mod pack? or are there other mod packs I am missing?

Are you new to the Community Tech Tree? Its purpose is to provide many additional, specific nodes for (many) mods to fill vs the stock tech tree's few and somewhat ambiguous nodes. They get filled in depending on the (other) mod you have installed and if it was made for the CTT. The areas you've named are most likely only filled by Nertea's mods, KSP Interstellar, and USI MKS.

11 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

Why does nothing ever seem perfect enough to you guys ? Allright, I'll stay tuned :wink:

And BTW, I'll just drop that here https://imgur.com/a/z1eLv

We I fumbled a few things last update, so I want to get those quick fixes out, and doing so in conjunction with a Kopernicus update gives me cover and concealment to sneak an update without people getting too ruffled about another update in a short timespan, because I can say GPP needed to be made compatible with the new changes just makes sense to me.

Edited by Galileo

35 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

Is it safe to install update Kopernicus to the latest 1.3.1-7 release with the current version of GPP ?

I jumped right in the pool when it showed up on CKAN, knowing it was a risk.  

I encountered no problems, other than the flickering orbit lines coming back because the fadeout code which fixed that was removed.  Pick your poison -- flickering orbit lines, or orbit lines that fade out too soon.

Other than that everything I did seemed to be okay.  No problems with my saved game.

3 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

I jumped right in the pool when it showed up on CKAN, knowing it was a risk.  

I encountered no problems, other than the flickering orbit lines coming back because the fadeout code which fixed that was removed.  Pick your poison -- flickering orbit lines, or orbit lines that fade out too soon.

Other than that everything I did seemed to be okay.  No problems with my saved game.

Never said it didn’t work, just that I’m using the Kopernicus update as an excuse to update GPP :D 

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

Never said it didn’t work, just that I’m using the Kopernicus update as an excuse to update GPP :D 

Yup, yup, just wanted to give you a data point to work with.  The one obvious thing I didn't check while playing was whether objects already landed on a planet survived the transition to a new Kopernicus version. 

On 2/18/2018 at 10:14 PM, Shad_The_Knight said:

Finally got it working, but I have a (very) minor issue. when I start to zoom out in the tracking center, the orbit pathways will just disappear.

I'm having this issue as well. I didn't have this issue on my 1.3.0 install where I manually installed GPP, but it comes up in 1.3.1 when I install via CKAN. I don't mind manually installing GPP to fix it, CKAN would just be nice for minor updates.

OK...Except for Leto, all planets visited, all moons scanned, mining on almost all systems on at least one moon. Even have a probe on a free return from Grannus. Debating on whether to do the 10Y warp to move it along.

Updated my boring stick fuel depot/station to a slightly less boring one with @Nerteas excellent Stockalike Station Parts Redux. We are at Minona.

WW3fnll.jpg