[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Nero go home, you're drunk.

^ This. The emperor has had too much of his wine.

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

while i was at it.. i may have made a few adjustments myself... @JadeOfMaar intense enough?

Let me check my life support tanks...... Yes. Intense enough. :0.0:

Speaking of characters sharing these planets' names, I stumbled across Catullus (the person) on Wikipedia... Intriguing. :D

Edited by JadeOfMaar

7 minutes ago, RocketPCGaming said:

Yes, that skybox is Poodmund's icing on Galileo's cake!

@Poodmund is the

pen to my paper. 
sugar to my spice. 
smile to my face 
music to my ears. 
beauty to my eyes. 
cream to my oreo. 
key to my board. 
frosting to my cake 
macaroni to my cheese 
yin to my yang 
sauce to my spaghetti 
butter to my toast 
salt to my pepper 
milk to my cookie

that got weird fast... 

this could be a forum game.....

and if you didn't read this in Alfalfa's, voice you are wrong.

Edited by Galileo

Hi all,

Just pressed F12 and the console was full of this:

ArgumentException: 'Sun' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

In the KSP.log it reads as this:

[EXC 13:54:04.934] ArgumentException: 'Sun' is not a valid CelestialBody.
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)

And after about 50min it crashed, with this being the game's last words ;.;

I never had this before, and I think this mod is what caused it. Any ideas how to fix it?

Edited by ExtremeTrader

6 minutes ago, ExtremeTrader said:

In the KSP.log it reads as this:

[EXC 13:54:04.934] ArgumentException: 'Sun' is not a valid CelestialBody.
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
[/CODE]

I never had this before, and I think this mod is what caused it.

What you have here (I think) is a contract pack for Contract Configurator that specifically references the Sun in some way. The problem is, if using this planet pack, the Sun is not named 'Sun' but is named 'Ciro'. Try getting rid of Contract Configurator and see if that helps.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
Forum is stupid

48 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

What you have here (I think) is a contract pack for Contract Configurator that specifically references the Sun in some way. The problem is, if using this planet pack, the Sun is not named 'Sun' but is named 'Ciro'. Try getting rid of Contract Configurator and see if that helps.

Thanks, I'll try it now

Edit: Removed ContractConfigurator and contractpacks, it worked! Thanks :)

Edit2: Just re-read everything and saw that the errors literally said 'ContractConfigurator.something'... I might need better glasses

Edited by ExtremeTrader

Just a heads up, but when using the Galileo Planetary Pack you will get a nulref with Contract configurator that spams due to the body 'Sun' not being found.

My fix for this was to go into the science folder under the contractconfigurator folder in gamedata and modify the solarscience.cfg file to change 'sun' to Ciro and poof, worked fine. But without that change the nulref will just spam indefinitely.

Not sure of the fix but thought I should note the issue here in case anyone else runs into this or if there is a way to 'fix' this.

This fix removes the need to play without contract configurator by the way. And also suddenly makes things like strategia work fine too!

Edited by TheReadPanda

7 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

This looks amazing, but all I can see are screenshots. Is there a wiki or something with info on the planets?

I want to know the info before checking the mod out.

See the second or third sixth post on first page

Edited by SkyKaptn

On 12/1/2016 at 5:14 PM, MaxL_1023 said:

The asteroids in stock are not spawned in the same orbit family, with many more Kerbin-crosser bodies spawned on encounter trajectories. In GPP, the asteroids are spawned in a family of orbits corresponding to a belt between Gael and Tellumo. AFAIK, they are not supposed to intersect Gael all that often. It roughly simulates the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter - there are many more bodies there than those which intersect either Mars or Jupiter's orbit. 

Galileo might be able to add in more asteroids spawning near Gael, but there are so many as it is that it may become cumbersome (not to mention unrealistic, as Gael would throw these bodies either into the sun or onto an impact trajectory under shorter than geologic timescales.)

Following up on this. I've noticed that after the first batch of 83 asteroids showed up, no new ones have appeared. Are new asteroids supposed to be spawning or is it just a fixed number at game creation?

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Following up on this. I've noticed that after the first batch of 83 asteroids showed up, no new ones have appeared. Are new asteroids supposed to be spawning or is it just a fixed number at game creation?

According to the Asteroids.cfg in GPP folder, there is a limit of 80

Here are comparative shots of gas giants with and without EVE.

Spoiler

Gauss/without EVE
xNZ4mXX.png

Gauss/With EVE
VNiH29C.png

Otho/Without EVE
ihLJx2u.png

Otho/With EVE
ihArSZk.png

Nero/Without EVE
DJp5BJg.png

Nero/With EVE
gGDN90k.png

And here are some gifs with the rings in motion. (rather large gifs btw)

Spoiler

XoZ6BWm.gifHGMifNR.gifFf1INDt.gif

Thanks to @Galileo new development there and my having to turn up my texture settings to see these animations in my own game, I have to screenshot all the planets again for the dossiers. I've tasted something good and can't go back. @SkyKaptn :huh:

Well, almost. When I start deploying high part count things again I'll be just as much forced to. :(

Edited by JadeOfMaar

A year and a half into my first GPP Science game with Science set at 70%. I'm really excited at the way my science is progressing. The decision to have less biomes on the Iota and Ceti combined with easier access to nearby planets has resulted in a game where I usually (barely) have the parts I need for the next phase of exploration. This is an awesome shift from Stock in which nearly everything is unlocked before leave Kerbin local environs. My first survey probes are just arriving at Thalia, Niven and Tellumo revealing tons of cool biomes to explore. I totally love the decision to place planets initially so that it's pretty quick to send those first probes in the first 50-150 day range.

One piece of feedback. The moons and planets, are beautifully textured and well-designed for biomes, but many of them are very monochrome in coloration. I'd love to see more (subtle) use of color to A) make them more visually interesting and B) make it a bit easier to spot the terrain/biome types.

Thanks for all the great work and I hope this feedback was helpful :)

Edited by Tyko

19 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I have set the lifespan of the asteroids to something like 99999999999...etc because they don't just disappear and reappear with new names irl. I mean, i know we find new asteroids quite often, but we tend to keep track of most of the major ones we find

Edited by Galileo

6 minutes ago, Tyko said:

A year into my first GPP Science game with Science set at 70%. I'm really excited at the way my science is progressing. The decision to have less biomes on the Iota and Ceti combined with easier access to nearby planets has resulted in a game where I usually (barely) have the parts I need for the next phase of exploration. This is an awesome shift from Stock in which nearly everything is unlocked before leave Kerbin local environs. Just when I was running out of local biomes my first interplanetary probes were arriving at their destinations and gave me the needed boost to research for interplanetary manned missions.

One piece of feedback. The moons and planets, are beautifully textured and well-designed for biomes, but many of them are very monochrome in coloration. I'd love to see more (subtle) use of color to A) make them more visually interesting and B) make it a bit easier to spot the terrain/biome types.

Thanks for all the great work and I hope this feedback was helpful :)

We're glad you're happy with your science progression. Low biome counts on the moons and a nearer planet than Duna were intentional for that purpose: to answer the problem of finishing the tech tree before anything leaves Kerbin SOI. As for planet colors, the minor monotone and difficulty to distinguish biomes by eyesight is due to realism whereas the stock planets are very vivid to fit into the cartoon nature of the kerbals themselves.