[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

4 hours ago, kraden said:

I pulled it off, but it's no guarantee. The instructions are as specific as they are for a reason. You could always make a temporary folder to hold your mods while reinstalling/updating.

Thanks! The update works fine! I just replaced the GPP folders and everything is, where it was :wink:

If I use the GPP secondary, do I need to add SVT and maybe some other mods to get the full graphics package for the stock system? 

33 minutes ago, Phil Kerman said:

Thanks! The update works fine! I just replaced the GPP folders and everything is, where it was :wink:

If I use the GPP secondary, do I need to add SVT and maybe some other mods to get the full graphics package for the stock system? 

If you use secondary, you can use SVT and SVE I cannot guarantee that it will work with anything else

Thanks!

Maybe one more question : Is this normal (output log after a crashed game) 

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Leto'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Argo'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Hox'

This continues for every planet

13 minutes ago, Phil Kerman said:

Thanks!

my game keeps crashing, when i switch more than one time between launchpad and VAB. In flight, the game is absolutely stable. Vessel switching etc is no prob. The game mostly crashes when I build s.th. and then revert a flight to VAB. If not at this point, the game will definitively crash when try do switch to the launchpad the second time.

I allready had that problem before updating GPP, so it must be something structural, that´s wrong with my game/mods.

I´ve got the log file if s.o. wants to help me. The last rows are :

0x00007FF7737AC344 (KSP_x64) RectT<int>::GetYMax
0x00007FF985F41FE4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Any help is really appreciated! 

39 minutes ago, Phil Kerman said:

Thanks!

That is normal if you don’t have the advanced settings linked in the op. That just means you are using the the default terrain detail. It will not crash your game. You will need to post your logs for support beyond that. 

I need your output log, not a crash log

Edited by Galileo

I have tried the exact install method mentioned on the first page, but I can't for the life of me get clouds to appear. Everything was copied step by step. Scatterer works, everything else else except the GPP skybox and  the clouds. I picked the high res version and put the GPP_clouds folder inside the GPP folder. I have the 1.6MB EVE file in the game data folder as well. I don't know else to do at this point.

1 hour ago, mywifethinksimanerd said:

I don't know else to do at this point.

You can post logs and a screen shot of your gamedata folder. See the “how to get support” button in my signature for instructions on how to get your output log.

to get the skybox to work, you need to install Sigma Replacements: Skybox as stated in the install instructions..

or you can install GPP via CKAN

Edited by Galileo

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

That is normal if you don’t have the advanced settings linked in the op. That just means you are using the the default terrain detail. It will not crash your game. You will need to post your logs for support beyond that. 

I need your output log, not a crash log

Hey Galileo,

here is the link for the output log (i sent the txt file to myself via wetransfer and this is the download link). 

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/9f9c49de2436b371be35561e700152e620171224083248/8de334982b69a5573102b13eac0ce58a20171224083248/2aceb9

If I understand you correct, then I am not playing at the highest setting actually? This would explain to me, why the planets look like molten plastic from low orbit.

I tried to use the advanced settings, but I crashed my game last time (thats the main reason why i reinstalled the game, the complete Lackmisc stuff ( cars roads etc) were gone and I couldn´t get them back... 

Hope you can help me!

7 minutes ago, Phil Kerman said:

Hey Galileo,

here is the link for the output log (i sent the txt file to myself via wetransfer and this is the download link). 

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/9f9c49de2436b371be35561e700152e620171224083248/8de334982b69a5573102b13eac0ce58a20171224083248/2aceb9

If I understand you correct, then I am not playing at the highest setting actually? This would explain to me, why the planets look like molten plastic from low orbit.

I tried to use the advanced settings, but I crashed my game last time (thats the main reason why i reinstalled the game, the complete Lackmisc stuff ( cars roads etc) were gone and I couldn´t get them back... 

Hope you can help me!

the shiny plastic look is caused by research bodies. 

Also, I see you are using a pretty extensive mod list, I would narrow it down as much as you can in order to pinpoint the issue. 

Edited by Galileo

Screenshot of GGP folder- https://www.dropbox.com/s/oky7jxt89trqhai/GPP Folder.PNG?dl=0

Screenshot of Gamedata folder- https://www.dropbox.com/s/bep94wg2gr6rcxp/Gamedata Folder.PNG?dl=0

output log - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ho7lweq26xqu5p7/output_log.txt?dl=0

I did download sigma replacements and put it in the gamedata folder, I read the install tutorial to it's entirely several times and tried to replicate every step. Hopefully what I posted helps! Really excited to get this working.

@Galileo, I just discovered that your Private Industry setup for Strategia is quickly exploitable: total launch costs are reduced by 75%, but recovery is not reduced at all. So if you have the 500 reputation to spend, all you need to make quick money is to roll out a massively expensive craft onto the launch pad, at only 25% cost, and then immediately recover it for 100% value. At first I noticed this using Stage Recovery, but it became even more apparent when I recovered the entire vessel when using it to adjust my launch timing and then reset (fuel boil-off).

I'm not sure what an immediate solution is here. 75% reduction of recovery costs too is the immediate naive thought I had, and it mostly works, but if you're trying to exploit expensive resources and then bring them back to Gael, that crimps that strategy. I was going to simply turn it off, but 500 reputation was a huge cost. The strategy also seems to negate the comparative value of ISRU and off-world construction, but I'm not sure that's a problem.

Anybody have any balance ideas here?

Also, @JadeOfMaar, regarding the earlier DistantObjectEnhancement issue with Grannus I reported, I couldn't reproduce it later, so I had no additional logs to provide. Weirdness.

33 minutes ago, Mukita12 said:

@Galileo So after install this mod and it works.

Can i reinstall my mod that on previous file?

(duplicate my KSP file so yeah)

Every copy of a mod will work in every copy of KSP (as long as their versions are okay). If your other copies of KSP are very old, check the releases page of whatever mod you have doubts over and grab the proper version for your old KSP.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Every copy of a mod will work in every copy of KSP (as long as their versions are okay). If your other copies of KSP are very old, check the releases page of whatever mod you have doubts over and grab the proper version for your old KSP.

Oh ok

1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Are you trying to install the mod on another copy of KSP?

yep i duplicate my 1.3.1 steam install

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Mukita12 It will work just fine. The only difference is Steam won't count your hours in it and mods won't break when a KSP update arrives.

no I want my Steam install to be completely stock i don't want the same tragedy happens as my steam update my ksp From version 1.3. to 1.3.1 And my golly save file is destoryed

4 hours ago, Mukita12 said:

no I want my Steam install to be completely stock i don't want the same tragedy happens as my steam update my ksp From version 1.3. to 1.3.1 And my golly save file is destoryed

What I do, and what I suspect many people do, is keep the Steam installation not only stock, but also never played.  It's just where Steam delivers the game.  I then copy KSP from the steam folder to someplace else, and modify it and play it there.  I usually have three or 4 copies of KSP with different sets of mods, but I never play in the real Steam directory.

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Steam won't count your hours

Always thought that was creepy/terrifying, anyway, knowing how many hundreds upon hundreds of hours were lost to a computer game. It's even more bizarre to me to hear people brag about it. I mean, I'm as addicted to some games as the next guy, but keeping a tally just seems to rub it in. :)

Would anyone be opposed to redownloading the  GPP_textures next update? I know it’s a large download, so I figured I’d ask before going forward. I am looking to replace gas giants because they don’t seem to scratch the itch anymore for me. There are a couple bodies other than gas giants I will be replacing. So, speak now or forever hold your peace..

screenshot73.png

screenshot37.png

I did my best to keep them recognizable. There should be no confusion as to which ones these are :) 

Edited by Galileo

22 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I did my best to keep them recognizable. There should be no confusion as to which ones these are :) 

Yes, quite recognizable.  That's clearly the T-65B X-Wing from the original trilogy. :)

But if, by chance, you were referring to the planets, did you mean you've updated the textures and we should download them now, or did you mean that you're considering replacing the textures in the next release?

Would the texture replacements have any effect on save games?

EDIT:  On second thought, I take that back.  It looks more like the the T-65B than the T-85, but the laser cannons don't look right.  Maybe it's not so recognizable after all.

Edited by AG5BPilot

6 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

Yes, quite recognizable.  That's clearly the T-65B X-Wing from the original trilogy. :)

But if, by chance, you were referring to the planets, did you mean you've updated the textures and we should download them now, or did you mean that you're considering replacing the textures in the next release?

Would the texture replacements have any effect on save games?

They would be available next release. 1.6 is mostly a visual facelift and if I change one texture, I am going to take advantage and change all of the textures that I think could be better. The changes would have zero effect on careers. Purely aesthetic 

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

They would be available next release. 1.6 is mostly a visual facelift. The changes would have zero effect on careers. Purely aesthetic 

I personally don't mind if the visuals change, and download bandwidth isn't a consideration.  As far as I'm concerned, go for it!