[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Update

Changelog:

v1.6.1.1

• Update for Kopernicus 1.3.1-7
  • Julia's Greater Pigments biome localization fixed.
  • useManualMemoryManagement has been implemented.
  • Included celestial body cache files to speed up initial load time.
  • Fixed the Gael anomolies.
  • Only apply the Sigma Replacements: Navigation patch to command modules if said mod is installed.
  • Poodmund re-wrote the above patch note line, like, 5 times due to being a derp at language and things.

Download and install instructions linked in the OP

Give CKAN a couple hours to catch up.

**We made an oops and forgot to update the version file. We have reuploaded to fix this issue.**

Edited by Galileo

I posted about it in the CKAN thread also.  I'm having trouble installing this latest version with CKAN...

ckan upgrade --all

Upgrading modules...

Downloading "https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/releases/download/1.6.1.1/Galileos-Planet-Pack-1.6.1.1.zip"
12.7 MB/sec - downloading - 92.2 KB left - 99%
Unhandled Exception: CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpB82D.tmp has SHA1 EF179B24AF5C10E000C6AD10D35
11DF8919BB594, should be 95BB6B4ECDCAC1B7F0A62E352AE0B5787720893D
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] error
s)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<DownloadModules>b__3(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.triggerCompleted(Uri[] file_urls, String[] file_paths, Exception[] errors)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.FileDownloadComplete(Int32 index, Exception error)
   at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boole
an preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean prese
rveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

ckan version
v1.24.0+195ed164d95f

38 minutes ago, AG5BPilot said:

I posted about it in the CKAN thread also.  I'm having trouble installing this latest version with CKAN...

That'll be due to the re-upload; CKAN still has the data for the previous version. Give it a few hours to index the new version.

9 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

That'll be due to the re-upload; CKAN still has the data for the previous version. Give it a few hours to index the new version.

I'm still having the same problem.  Is "a few" more or less than 8?  Sorry if I seem impatient;  I'm not.  I'm concerned it's not going to resolve itself and needs some sort of intervention.

1 minute ago, AG5BPilot said:

I'm still having the same problem.  Is "a few" more or less than 8?  Sorry if I seem impatient;  I'm not.  I'm concerned it's not going to resolve itself and needs some sort of intervention.

Hey,

I have the same problem and I waited almost 9 hours now... 

1 hour ago, AG5BPilot said:

1 hour ago, N3N said:

Hey,

I have the same problem and I waited almost 9 hours now... 

The issue was caused by us re-uploading the same release with the new version number in it. I'm certain the CKAN guys will figure it out.

if you are interested in the issue, i would start here.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/6296#issuecomment-369306440

33 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The issue was caused by us re-uploading the same release with the new version number in it. I'm certain the CKAN guys will figure it out.

Hey Galileo,

That wasn't a critic, just an information.

Thanks for your work and for your very great mod! :wink:

10 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hey Galileo,

That wasn't a critic, just an information.

Thanks for your work and for your very great mod! :wink:

Oh i didnt take it as one! I was just trying to let you guys know that the issue was caused by us and its getting looked into

Hi Galileo,

I would like to know if this behavior is normal.
If I select a different base with KerbalKonstructs options while I am for example in the SPH, when launch I splash down in water every time and the base is not loaded.

I haven't install KSCSwitcher.

File and folders GameData:

GPP

KerbalKonstructs

Kopernicus

ModularFlightIntegrator

Sigma

Squad

ModuleManager.3.0.4.dll

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, vagabond77 said:

Hi Galileo,

I would like to know if this behavior is normal.
If I select a different base with KerbalKonstructs options while I am for example in the SPH, when launch I splash down in water every time and the base is not loaded.

I haven't install KSCSwitcher.

File and folders GameData:

GPP

KerbalKonstructs

Kopernicus

ModularFlightIntegrator

Sigma

Squad

ModuleManager.3.0.4.dll

Thanks.

we don't provide any extra launch sites for planes or rockets, the only other sites available via KK are the water launch sites for boats and what not. You are probably choosing one of them which would explain why you are in the water.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

OK, GPP's metadata is now correct for the newer download. You can safely update the registry and install or upgrade. However, the bot is still misbehaving, so there's a limited time window before it messes the data up again (and we have to re-apply this fix again), so if you're reading this an hour or two in the future and it's still broken, this is your outage notification.

5 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

OK, GPP's metadata is now correct for the newer download. You can safely update the registry and install or upgrade. However, the bot is still misbehaving, so there's a limited time window before it messes the data up again (and we have to re-apply this fix again), so if you're reading this an hour or two in the future and it's still broken, this is your outage notification.

Another problem now:

Downloading "https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/releases/download/1.6.1.1/Galileos-Planet-Pack-1.6.1.1.zip"

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install GPP 1:1.6.1.1 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/GPP/Cache/Agrippina.bin

and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

That was from the GUI.  This is from the cli version:

ckan upgrade GPP

Upgrading modules...

Unhandled Exception: CKAN.FileExistsKraken: Trying to write C:/KSP/KSP 1.3.1 GPP 1.5.3/GameData/GPP/Cache/Agrippina.bin but
 it already exists.
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.CopyZipEntry(ZipFile zipfile, ZipEntry entry, String fullPath, Boolean makeDirs)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallModule(CkanModule module, String zip_filename)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install(CkanModule module, String filename)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddRemove(IEnumerable`1 add, IEnumerable`1 remove, Boolean enforceConsistency)
   at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, IDownloader netAsyncDownloader, Boolean enforceConsistency)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.Upgrade.RunCommand(KSP ksp, Object raw_options)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.RunSimpleAction(Options cmdline, CommonOptions options, String[] args, IUser user, KSPManager
manager)
   at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Execute(KSPManager manager, CommonOptions opts, String[] args)

Edited by AG5BPilot

2 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

As HebaruSan has said above, navigate to the GameData/GPP/Cache/ and delete all of the GPP body cache files in there and let CKAN handle them directly through the update.

Thank you, that worked! :wink:

And thank you, HebaruSan! :wink:

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

we don't provide any extra launch sites for planes or rockets, the only other sites available via KK are the water launch sites for boats and what not. You are probably choosing one of them which would explain why you are in the water.

Yes, it's true. You are right.
The only way to change base is KSCSwitcher but unfortunately it loads one at a time.

Anyway, this mod is wonderful! :)

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, Gilph said:

OK...Except for Leto, all planets visited, all moons scanned, mining on almost all systems on at least one moon. Even have a probe on a free return from Grannus. Debating on whether to do the 10Y warp to move it along.

Leto is now done...Finished (except for landing the Grannus probe at Gael, another 40ish years).

The somewhat bad news is I'm getting the biome string issue again after I scanned Leto. Scansat reports the biome as #autolocXXXXXX (sorry, can't get the exact string at the moment) instead of the text. Maybe three biomes were not affected, but the rest are. A quick look at the .cfg file did not seem to indicate anything wrong.

I thought it may have just been Scansat because MJ reports the string correctly, but when I do a stock science experiment, the bad string shows in the window.

Will post some better details tonight. Wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks

Edit1: I am on 1.6.1.2

Edited by Gilph

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Gilph Thanks for the heads up. The configs indeed seem to be just fine for Leto. Congrats on that mission progress. I can only dream of getting that far for myself. Your ship should have a GPGT flag all over it, from the sound of things. :P 

Thanks @Poodmund, means a lot coming from you. I definitely do not qualify for a flag. I used the same scanner probe for all moons in a given system and I have at least one station around a moon in all systems, but have not planted flags on all. I'll try and get a imgur album soon.

I'll ping Dmagic to see if there is a Scansat issue.

BTW, I just looked at the ore results for Leto...I am not happy :(