[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

13 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Still no go.

I'm not sure this is significant, but I see the following related to kerbalkonstructs, is it an issue:

KK: Imported 18 Maps from around the universe

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

UnityException: Texture 'KerbalKonstructs/MapDecalMaps/AllBlack' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels32 (int)
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MapSO.CreateGreyscaleFromRGB (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MapSO.CreateMap (MapDepth depth, UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.ConfigParser.LoadAllMapDecalMaps () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

can you set up a completely fresh test install with only GPP, it's dependencies, and KK? Sounds like you have a borked install or things cached somewhere causing issues. I do not get errors with the latest version. 

Edited by Galileo

Well, I've been trying to avoid this, but....

I created a brand new 1.3.1 install, ran the game once and then installed GPP via CKAN, will see how it goes

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

can you set up a completely fresh test install with only GPP, it's dependencies, and KK? Sounds like you have a borked install or things cached somewhere causing issues. I do not get errors with the latest version. 

Just did :D

Test install worked, so now I'll just start adding mods.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I ran into null spam with KAC while testing the GPP update. I cleared it by deleting all my existing KAC alarms and switching scenes (reverting to hangar). Galileo is probably right. Those alarms (of course) all had references to Gael.

I had this same problem last night. Clearing out all existing alarms was next on my list of things to try. :-)

Also had a problem with GSC KK objects not being in the right location in my 2.5x career after updating to the latest version of Sigma Dimensions and KKtoSD. Rolling back to the previous versions fixed the problem for the moment. Not at my computer atm, so no logs or photos.

Just now, Norcalplanner said:

I had this same problem last night. Clearing out all existing alarms was next on my list of things to try. :-)

Also had a problem with GSC KK objects not being in the right location in my 2.5x career after updating to the latest version of Sigma Dimensions and KKtoSD. Rolling back to the previous versions fixed the problem for the moment. Not at my computer atm, so no logs or photos.

I should write that big and bold somewhere. The KK dev recently changed how objects offset themselves so Sigma stopped supporting KK. It's on the KK dev to "Finish what he started."

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I should write that big and bold somewhere. The KK dev recently changed how objects offset themselves so Sigma stopped supporting KK. It's on the KK dev to "Finish what he started."

So is using KK with an upscale save not possible atm? Things look good for now around GSC, but I haven't visited any of the other launch sites yet.

15 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

So is using KK with an upscale save not possible atm? Things look good for now around GSC, but I haven't visited any of the other launch sites yet.

I haven’t done any thorough testing, but the KK dev has changed how KK handles the altitude of assets. This is something that was once handled by SIgma Dimensions in order for it to work with scaled system. If it works, then great! If not, we just have to be patient a wait for a fix

59 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I haven’t done any thorough testing, but the KK dev has changed how KK handles the altitude of assets. This is something that was once handled by SIgma Dimensions in order for it to work with scaled system. If it works, then great! If not, we just have to be patient a wait for a fix

I am many things. Patient is definitely one of them. I'll take a look at the other launch sites and see where everything is at... literally. :-)

Having to go back to my 1.6.1.2 version. The 1.3.1 USI MKS Orbital Logistics function does not like the update. All the other USI stuff seems to work fine.

Since my goal with this save is to prototype stuff for a 1.4 USI career, I'm content with using the old version for now. Roverdude is not supporting 1.3.1 anymore.

If you are interested, logs are here

Thanks

Looks like I've fixed it by replacing some instances of 'gael' with 'kerbin' in my persistence file. Namely science results (I noticed I could do science I've done before around Gael again), and some contract params.

Edit: another bug I've come across is SCANsat isn't displaying the low res height map for Iota, though it is getting the data for it (I can still mouse over the blank map and see the approx altitudes). The zoom map works too, showing the low res altitude map normally. The biome map also works correctly. Ceti's maps work properly too.

https://imgur.com/a/t1yl6

Edited by Rodger

12 hours ago, Rodger said:

Edit: another bug I've come across is SCANsat isn't displaying the low res height map for Iota, though it is getting the data for it (I can still mouse over the blank map and see the approx altitudes). The zoom map works too, showing the low res altitude map normally. The biome map also works correctly. Ceti's maps work properly too.

I had a similar problem once.  All I had to do was go into the color management settings and adjust the terrain option sliders.  Not sure your problem is the same or something different.

Edited by OhioBob

42 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I had a similar problem once.  All I had to do was go into the color management settings and adjustment terrain option sliders.  Not sure is your problem is the same or something different.

Ah nice, that worked, thanks!

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I had a similar problem once.  All I had to do was go into the color management settings and adjustment terrain option sliders.  Not sure is your problem is the same or something different.

Ah I didn't know this, I've just always assumed this was an unfixable bug with SCANSat, as its always been like that for me from each release to the next one. Thanks @OhioBob!

Edited by Pleb

20 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I didn't stop supporting KK, in fact I just pushed some updates to SD that allows KK to handle altitudes natively.

The latest version of KK introduced a way to change the altitude of statics based on the planet's radius. Since SD was conflicting with that I added an option to tell SD to not touch selected statics so that KK modifications are not messed up by SD.

I also updated KKtoSD so that it automatically tell SD which of the PQSCity mods come from KK and makes sure SD knows to ignore those.

And regarding other issues with how KK repositions statics, I am happy to share my knowledge about rescaling systems so that if KK has some issues they can be fixed. Just open an issue on my github or ping me in a github issue on KK repo (probably the best choice)

Also, I'm not sure this feature will be a permanent addition to KK, if it is reverted I will revert KKtoSD so that everything will work again

7 hours ago, Pleb said:

Ah I didn't know this, I've just always assumed this was an unfixable bug with SCANSat, as its always been like that for me from each release to the next one. Thanks @OhioBob!

Most of the time my SCANsat maps are fine, but every now and then I get one that's messed up.  All the data is there, but for some reason the default position of the altitude sliders in color management are way off.  No idea why it happens, but thankfully it's easy to fix.

Something else I've noticed since the latest update (Or probably more specifically since Gael was setup differently so within the last few updates) is that it's now sometimes coming up as gael instead of Gael. I've mainly noticed this in contracts. At first I thought this may be a bug in Contract Configurator, but I'm getting no errors in any of the logs. I've also been through the files on GitHub for GPP and cannot find gael without a capital g so I'm a bit stumped! Does anyone know what might be causing this? It was definitely working before...

9 hours ago, Ravien said:

Same here, looks like change from Gael to gael caused crash to some of the contracts.

I didn’t change anything to “gael”. There is only “Gael” with a capital G in the cfg (afaik). If there are issues with contracts, it likely lies with the contract pack or contract configurator. I’ll double check before I update to 1.4.2 later today, though

Edited by Galileo

53 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I didn’t change anything to “gael”. There is only “Gael” with a capital G in the cfg (afaik). If there are issues with contracts, it likely lies with the contract pack or contract configurator. I’ll double check before I update to 1.4.2 later today, though

I know I've checked myself and couldn't see anything and weirdly it worked fine before so I'm confused as to why it's happening now. I haven't had any crashes and it doesn't affect gameplay or produce any errors in the logs.

EDIT: Actually now it has crashed! Will check logs to see if it says why...

Edited by Pleb

10 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

How do I install GPP_Textures?

You put the GPP_Textures folder inside your GPP folder. There are more in depth instructions linked in the OP or in the README that comes with the download.

If you don't know how to install manually, or just not confident doing it, I suggest using CKAN.

3 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Are there supposed to be yellow lines, still? I did that.

The mountains are all... yellow.

sounds like you have a borked scatterer installation. Post logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder.