[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Additional Update Note...

If you are using both GPP and GEP, be advised that if you update to GPP 1.6.3.0 you must also update to GEP 1.0.0.0.  The old and new versions are not compatible with each other.  The versions must be matched as follows:

GPP 1.6.2.2 <> GEP 0.9.2.0

GPP 1.6.3.0 <> GEP 1.0.0.0

@JadeOfMaar hey can you or anyone else assist me a bit, I'm having some trouble with the install. I have sigma to be the replacement for TRR, and I have installed everything, it all works but not for the skybox and suits. Is there something I am missing ?

I think the ship I made will make GEP reachable. 

3 hours ago, DeviousSam said:

Terrain detail reverts back to "new text" in the settings menu whenever I try to change it. Is that normal?

Yeah, ksp doesn’t like it to be changed, so it doesn’t display properly. If you go into your settings file, it will show what preset you chose correctly.

22 minutes ago, Walker said:

I've seen that Rescale! mod comes with configs for GPP - but will Rescale! work with GPP Secondary?

It should work, but I would hold off on using rescale until I update it to deal with changes to EVE cfgs. They look terrible currently with Rescale. I plan on working on it this weekend.

Edited by Galileo

Hi, thanks for the release. Been installing this morning and have some weirdness with the bases and KK:

1. I set the Rooks Glory base to default, but when I start the game, it's at KSC
  2. If I then to to VAB, I get a message saying Rooks Glory is set to default
  3. Exit VAB, and I see I'm at Rooks Glory.
  4. If I try to quit to Main Menu, I am sent back to VAB and will be stuck in that cycle until I pick another building to enter and exit, like MC. Then I can exit. Logs only show me entering and exiting editor with no errors.

This happens with GPP and KK only installed. Please let me know if you need anything.

42 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Hi, thanks for the release. Been installing this morning and have some weirdness with the bases and KK:

1. I set the Rooks Glory base to default, but when I start the game, it's at KSC
  2. If I then to to VAB, I get a message saying Rooks Glory is set to default
  3. Exit VAB, and I see I'm at Rooks Glory.
  4. If I try to quit to Main Menu, I am sent back to VAB and will be stuck in that cycle until I pick another building to enter and exit, like MC. Then I can exit. Logs only show me entering and exiting editor with no errors.

This happens with GPP and KK only installed. Please let me know if you need anything.

Make sure you report to KK. There is still some weirdness with it. Have logs ready for  the dev too.

Edited by Galileo

- Bug report -

There is a bug with the new KK sites. It does not generate a crash but forces me to close the game.

Sometimes ( quite often ) when i am in either the research center or the mission control and i click on something, the screen goes blank and the loading symbol appears in the bottom right. it sometimes takes me nowhere and i see the planets icon in the bottom right spinning for minutes until i decide to alt f4- it. It sometimes takes me to the vab, but while i can scroll trough the components, i cant build anythign or exit the vab.

Writing this report it strikes me that i probabily have 2 UIs open at teh same time, the mission control and the vab, but I get no mouse control over either.

Either way, uninstalling KerbalKonstructs kills this bug.

4 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

- Bug report -

There is a bug with the new KK sites. It does not generate a crash but forces me to close the game.

Sometimes ( quite often ) when i am in either the research center or the mission control and i click on something, the screen goes blank and the loading symbol appears in the bottom right. it sometimes takes me nowhere and i see the planets icon in the bottom right spinning for minutes until i decide to alt f4- it. It sometimes takes me to the vab, but while i can scroll trough the components, i cant build anythign or exit the vab.

Writing this report it strikes me that i probabily have 2 UIs open at teh same time, the mission control and the vab, but I get no mouse control over either.

Either way, uninstalling KerbalKonstructs kills this bug.

Go report to the KK dev.

1 hour ago, joacobanfield said:

What about missions? How do they work? Do they work?

They will work just fine where Kerbin and Sun alone are concerned...except that (for Kerbin) any specified coordinates will be invalid because the geography is different. GPP uses the internal name Kerbin now (it stopped using Gael this way) and that name will be seen by most mods, curing most of the problems of mods and features that are hardcoded to look for Kerbin. Example, if you check the list of bodies for TWR in the floating KER window in the SPH/VAB, you will see Kerbin, not Gael.

Where any other celestials are concerned missions will obviously break. After all, there is no Mun (in GPP).

They will work just fine where Kerbin and Sun alone are concerned...except that (for Kerbin) any specified coordinates will be invalid because the geography is different. GPP uses the internal name Kerbin now (it stopped using Gael this way) and that name will be seen by most mods, curing most of the problems of mods and features that are hardcoded to look for Kerbin. Example, if you check the list of bodies for TWR in the floating KER window in the SPH/VAB, you will see Kerbin, not Gael.

Is this also the reason why Final Frontier seems to think that Gael is Kerbin?

1 hour ago, Steeeeve said:

Nice Nice!

Also, do you guys by any chance know what happened to the names (ex. ____ Gaelan), and the texture replacer visors that came with previous versions? Thanks!

the renamer is still there and doesn't require anything. If you are loading an old save with the name "Kerbal" the old names will persist. And GPP does not use TR or TRR it uses Sigma Replacements. All the links are in the install instructions 

I posted this in the GEP thread a couple days ago, but I think it makes sense to post it here as well.

The following is what happens when GEP, GPP and OPM are installed in the following combinations

GEP --->  Grannus and the GEP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the stock solar system.

OPM --->  The OPM planets are added to the stock solar system.

GEP + OPM --->  The OPM planets are added to the stock solar system.  Grannus and the GEP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the stock solar system.

GPP --->  The stock solar system is replaced by the GPP solar system, with Ciro the new sun and Gael the new home world.  Grannus is added as a secondary star orbiting Ciro, but it has no planets.

GPP + GEP --->  The stock solar system is replaced by the GPP solar system, with Ciro the new sun and Gael the new home world.  Grannus and the GEP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the GPP solar system.

GPP + OPM --->  The stock solar system is replaced by the GPP solar system, with Ciro the new sun and Gael the new home world.  Grannus is added a secondary solar system, orbited by the OPM planets.

GPP + GEP + OPM --->  The stock solar system is replaced by the GPP solar system, with Ciro the new sun and Gael the new home world.  Grannus and the GEP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the GPP solar system.  Robau's Star and the OPM planets are added as a third solar system.

GPP + GPP_Secondary --->  Ciro and the GPP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the stock solar system.  Grannus is added as a tertiary star orbiting Ciro, but it has no planets

GPP + GPP_Secondary + GEP --->  Ciro and the GPP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the stock solar system.  Grannus and the GEP planets are added as a tertiary solar system orbiting the GPP solar system.

GPP + GPP_Secondary + OPM --->  The OPM planets are added to the stock solar system.  Ciro and the GPP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the stock solar system.  Grannus is added as a tertiary star orbiting Ciro, but it has no planets

GPP + GPP_Secondary + GEP + OPM --->  The OPM planets are added to the stock solar system.  Ciro and the GPP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the stock solar system.  Grannus and the GEP planets are added as a tertiary solar system orbiting the GPP solar system.

GEP + GEP_Primary --->  The stock solar system is replaced by the GEP solar system, with Grannus the new sun and Nodens the new home world.

GEP + GEP_Primary + OPM --->  The stock solar system is replaced by the GEP solar system, with Grannus the new sun and Nodens the new home world.  The OPM planets are added to the GEP solar system.

GEP + GEP_Primary + GPP --->  FAIL.  (Both systems load as primary, overlapping each other and creating a mess.)

GEP + GEP_Primary + GPP + GPP_Secondary --->  The stock solar system is replaced by the GEP solar system, with Grannus the new sun and Nodens the new home world.  Ciro and the GPP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the GEP solar system.

GEP + GEP_Primary + GPP + GPP_Secondary + OPM --->  The stock solar system is replaced by the GEP solar system, with Grannus the new sun and Nodens the new home world.  The OPM planets are added to the GEP solar system.  Ciro and the GPP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the GEP solar system.