[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

*Shameless plug*

I just landed on Iota  3.2x career save. Full story is in Mission Reports.

SwahoAH.png

I honestly don't think the stock game could bring as much excitement and nuanced feel to starting up a career save for the 5th time just to do the exact same thing you did in the previous 4 as GPP does. An utterly amazing experience.

And I've never brought a Kerbal (Or Gaelan) to the surface of another world in any career save! Well, haven't brought them back alive at least ;)

Edited by Steeeeve

19 hours ago, AG5BPilot said:

It's time to reiterate how utterly fantastic GPP is, and how much I appreciate the tremendous amount of effort that went into not just GPP but also making GEP, GPP, and OPM all play together nicely.

A most sincere thanks to the entire team!

Agreed! GPP is a staple of my game now. Thanks team!!!!

14 hours ago, Steeeeve said:

*Shameless plug*

I just landed on Iota  3.2x career save. Full story is in Mission Reports.

SwahoAH.png

I honestly don't think the stock game could bring as much excitement and nuanced feel to starting up a career save for the 5th time just to do the exact same thing you did in the previous 4 as GPP does. An utterly amazing experience.

And I've never brought a Kerbal (Or Gaelan) to the surface of another world in any career save! Well, haven't brought them back alive at least ;)

glad to see a kerbalism fan :D  

On 6/10/2018 at 12:21 PM, Galileo said:

STOP

yes i was about to comment. Just rename dunaclouds to GratianClouds and that will fix the issue and give you the clouds as intended.

Can someone point me to the location of this config? Thanks! 

Edit you have to edit both the stock and opm configs.

Edited by reducing
Figured it out

I am about to play GPP and I have made a science tick list from my previous games, I like to hunt for science so I usually play at 50%.  I prefer to take it slow and play a science based game rather than career.

I am looking around, at the various Wiki's I can find but I cant seem to find a biome list for the moons.  I know they each have 5 biomes but I want to get my little Gael + moon list of biomes/experiments before I play.

Can anyone point me to where I can find a list of all the biomes?

Hey peeps,

Sorry to be a bore, but I'm having problems with my logs filling up with Couldn't find celestial body with name 'Gael' numerous times per second.

I found an earlier reference to this with Kerbal Konstructs, but I think that one has since been fixed. Searching my Gamedata for 'Gael' shows no configs outside of GPP contain that string. I'm running GPP + Grannus Expansion + many others (of course...) but none of them add further planetary bodies. Latest GPP, GEP and Kopernicus.

I've uploaded a log here - sorry, it's nearly 20mb after just a few minutes - and would appreciate any thoughts :) 

No urgency; doesn't actually seem to have broken anything, just mildly annoying ^^;

14 hours ago, eddiew said:

Hey peeps,

Sorry to be a bore, but I'm having problems with my logs filling up with Couldn't find celestial body with name 'Gael' numerous times per second.

I found an earlier reference to this with Kerbal Konstructs, but I think that one has since been fixed. Searching my Gamedata for 'Gael' shows no configs outside of GPP contain that string. I'm running GPP + Grannus Expansion + many others (of course...) but none of them add further planetary bodies. Latest GPP, GEP and Kopernicus.

I've uploaded a log here - sorry, it's nearly 20mb after just a few minutes - and would appreciate any thoughts :) 

No urgency; doesn't actually seem to have broken anything, just mildly annoying ^^;

I'm at work so I can't confirm this for certain, but looking on GitHub I can see that in the config file for MechJeb (GameData/GPP/GPP_Configs/GPP_MechJeb2.cfg) there's a reference to Gael instead of Kerbin. All other references to Gael are only relevant to GPP_Secondary, so if you're not running GPP_Secondary then try changing these two references (on lines 10 and 24) from Gael to Kerbin and see if that fixes it? Sorry I can't test this myself!

Edited by Pleb
Typo!

9 minutes ago, Pleb said:

I'm at work so I can't confirm this for certain, but looking on GitHub I can see that in the config file for MechJeb (GameData/GPP/GPP_Configs/GPP_MechJeb2.cfg) there's a reference to Gael instead of Kerbin. All other references to Gael are only relevant to GPP_Secondary, so if you're not running GPP_Secondary then try changing these two references (on lines 10 and 24) from Gael to Kerbin and see if that fixes it? Sorry I can't test this myself!

I will try it when I can (about 6 hours away) :)  Though if it's part of GPP I'm kind of surprised to be the first person spotting it ^^;

59 minutes ago, eddiew said:

I will try it when I can (about 6 hours away) :)  Though if it's part of GPP I'm kind of surprised to be the first person spotting it ^^;

I haven't played KSP for quite a while (pre 1.4) and I also don't tend to look in the log much. I do use MechJeb though (I can't dock!) so if this is what's causing an issue then it should be easy enough to replicate.

Been meaning to start a new career just been waiting for mods to update but most of the mods I use are now updated so no excuse not to!

1 hour ago, reducing said:

Since Gael is now Kerbin, is there anyway to get the lovely GSC into GPP secondary? I love that space center. Thanks for the awesome mod!

Do you mean to replace the KSC on Kerbin?

11 minutes ago, reducing said:

Yes use GSC as the default KSC in GPP secondary. 

Not easily as you'd have to adjust the coordinates accordingly. It's certainly doable if you got one piece in the right place and then adjusted the rest using that as a point of reference but this wouldn't be an easy job. However I may be wrong, but looking at the config files for the GSC I dont see how you could do this any easier.

Ooo, also... GPP_Strategia seems to be struggling with Astronaut Training Program - namely they start at level zero. If there's an obvious reason, the log above should contain it too ^^;

Spoiler

yvzrsL8.jpg

Asked Nightingale about it and he doesn't think it's a bug with Strategia itself. Again, no rush, it's not exactly critical :)

34 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Asked Nightingale about it and he doesn't think it's a bug with Strategia itself. Again, no rush, it's not exactly critical :)

How could the bug be with anything else besides Strategia? There is no parameter to set for Kerbal levels. 

26 minutes ago, Galileo said:

How could the bug be with anything else besides Strategia? There is no parameter to set for Kerbal levels. 

I've seen other cases where the GPP "Galean Kerbals" presets affect mods that try to alter kerbals. Earn Your Stripes has a startup setting that allows you to replace the initial Kerbals with randoms - GPP overrides this. Not sure if that's relevant, but it does seem like the GPP presets tend to fight other mods for control of kerbals.

Found it :)

GPP_Strategia.cfg currently contains:

EFFECT
{
    name = NewKerbalExperience
}

which needs to be:

EFFECT
{
    name = NewKerbalExperience
	level
    {
        1 = 1
        2 = 2
        3 = 3
    }
}

Guessing that Strategia got an update somewhere along the way. Gave it a test, new pilot hired at level 3 for an awful lot of roots :) 

Also it was a good guess @Pleb but that doesn't seem to be the source of the missing body error. No biggie I guess, it doesn't actually seem to have broken anything... 

Edited by eddiew

31 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I've seen other cases where the GPP "Galean Kerbals" presets affect mods that try to alter kerbals. Earn Your Stripes has a startup setting that allows you to replace the initial Kerbals with randoms - GPP overrides this. Not sure if that's relevant, but it does seem like the GPP presets tend to fight other mods for control of kerbals.

Well, unfortunately, most, if not all GPP devs are taking a hiatus from modding ksp. I think this stems from the rigorous updates from squad. I call it update fatigue. I’m personally tired of playing catch up with squad to be honest. This hasn’t only affected our little team, but also the devs of the mods we depend on. Yes, most get updated but a few still have issues the devs aren’t interested in fixing at the moment. 

That doubled with the fact that I’m moving across the country in about 3 weeks and that I have a 5 year old daughter, who I owe a fun summer, leaves me little time to address issues. For the time being, I would graciously accept pull requests for things like the renamer breaking other mods, or the like. I will try to fix some of the other small issues this weekend, but I can’t promise anything.

edit: looks like @eddiew found the issue as I submitted my sob story lol

i will still try to fix the other issues this weekend.

Thank you guys for reporting issues and all the kind words lately. I’m happy GPP still brings everyone some joy :) 

Edited by Galileo

S'ok @Galileo we know there is life outside KSP - nobody's going to be upset at you for taking a break :) 

Meantime we'll continue to enjoy GPP and do our best to find fixes to any problems that crop up. The body not found error doesn't appear to have an obvious consequence, so I'm not gonna worry too much about that really... I guess when I find something that doesn't work I'll know where to look :D 

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Well, unfortunately, most, if not all GPP devs are taking a hiatus from modding ksp. I think this stems from the rigorous updates from squad. I call it update fatigue. I’m personally tired of playing catch up with squad to be honest. This hasn’t only affected our little team, but also the devs of the mods we depend on. Yes, most get updated but a few still have issues the devs aren’t interested in fixing at the moment. 

That doubled with the fact that I’m moving across the country in about 3 weeks and that I have a 5 year old daughter, who I owe a fun summer, leaves me little time to address issues. For the time being, I would graciously accept pull requests for things like the renamer breaking other mods, or the like. I will try to fix some of the other small issues this weekend, but I can’t promise anything.

edit: looks like @eddiew found the issue as I submitted my sob story lol

i will still try to fix the other issues this weekend.

yea, I can imagine that it's a pain with the rapid fire updates. no criticism was intended in my comment. Was just pointing out a case where GPP was messing with other mod's kerbal changes.

You and the team do an amazing job and I hope that the work continues. I' just sent you $20 US via paypal..buy cookies for the team  :)

@Galileo I’d just like to say thank you to yourself and @OhioBob, @JadeOfMaar, @Poodmund, and anyone else on the team I’m probably forgetting for what is still hands-down the best planet pack I’ve seen. :D You’re certainly earned a break, go enjoy it, and save up some patience for the move. That, too, shall pass (remember the road trip munchies!).

Maybe when you come back Squad will have figured their stuff out... and I’ll have upgraded from 1.2.2. :confused: