[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

30 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This was already answered for you :)

didnt see it, still didnt see it.....

33 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This was already answered for you :)

didnt see it, still didnt see it.....

v21rFok.pngwhat are the coordinates of these plateaus? 

One more thing, which world is similar to Mars? Niven? Gratien? Augustus?

8 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo I sorta feel to ditch this mod and play SRSS first, the Mars like planets are very brown

Ok.  You can play whatever you want lol

The planets are what they are.  Not every solar system is going to have a red planet like Mars.  

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

So I fell out of love with Gauss and its obviously photoshopped texture. So I decided to change it up.  So,  keep the old Gauss texture or this one? 

You can always take the cube map, convert it to equirectangular and then composite existing gas giant features/bands/etc. over the top to create hybrid textures... or is that what you have done?

10 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

You can always take the cube map, convert it to equirectangular and then composite existing gas giant features/bands/etc. over the top to create hybrid textures... or is that what you have done?

I still don't mess with cube maps. I just gave up on getting them to work. And I think I did what you are talking about. 

Hey I definitely remember seeing this answered somewhere but I forget where so I'll ask it again here. I'm using GPP with the included SVE and EVE and all of the ground scatter and the runway lights have these strange grey/shadows around them and I'm wondering what the fix for that is.

8 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Hey I definitely remember seeing this answered somewhere but I forget where so I'll ask it again here. I'm using GPP with the included SVE and EVE and all of the ground scatter and the runway lights have these strange grey/shadows around them and I'm wondering what the fix for that is.

Disable the shadow material in the EVE GUI 

While playing your mod I thought i might as well record it.

Maybe I some of you will be able to teach me something that way (or someone might learn something from me, who knows?). If you have suggestions or ideas, or just want to keep me motivated, leave me a comment on youtube or the corresponding forum thread.

The spacing of the inner planets is so awesome! I'm looking at KAC and every 100 days or so I have a launch window to someplace interesting and with travel times of 100-300 days instead of over a year means that i'm getting to actually interact so much with these other bodies.

I continue to be blown away by this mod...Thanks!

Gaaaahhhh!!!!  I accidentally clicked and voted on the wrong one.

If the vote is close, change one from Texture 2 to Texture 1.  If a single screwed-up vote isn't going to change the outcome, then don't bother.

As for my reasons, T1 looks more 3 dimensional.  There's a depth that's very apparent in the darker blue storm band in the southern hemisphere, whereas the same band in T2 looks painted on.

25 minutes ago, MaxxQ said:

Gaaaahhhh!!!!  I accidentally clicked and voted on the wrong one.

If the vote is close, change one from Texture 2 to Texture 1.  If a single screwed-up vote isn't going to change the outcome, then don't bother.

As for my reasons, T1 looks more 3 dimensional.  There's a depth that's very apparent in the darker blue storm band in the southern hemisphere, whereas the same band in T2 looks painted on.

Well texture 2 is leading by 5 votes..  Only 23 votes so far

I prefer texture 2 myself - it is less garish, and more resembles the gentle coloration you expect for Gas Giant planets. While they are incredibly violent compared to Earth's weather, from the depths of space a pastel palette seems more appropriate.

However, on Texture 2 the storm is rotating the wrong way! It should be clockwise in the southern hemisphere assuming prograde rotation.