[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The sunflare and atmosphere effect are the important part. Scatterer's ocean effect is turned off for performance savings and because sometimes the KSC "goes under" in space center view.

I see enhancements on the terrain, but im still seeing the vanilla water. 

Have not seen the sunflare, I'll check it out.

Don't know why Im not getting the smooth realistic water effect.

On 11/27/2016 at 2:42 PM, TheKurgan said:

GrqdxhNh.jpg

This? @KERBALINA This is disabled on purpose for performance and ocean glitch reasons. If you find the Ocean Shader setting in the Scatterer UI (press Alt+F10 to summon it) and turn it on you'll have to restart your game for it to apply. I don't have Scatterer installed right now so I can't point out that option's exact name and location.

Spoiler

Testing something in a copy of KSP without GPP and visuals aren't that high on my priorities list at the moment... That and I don't have a copy of Scatterer with stock configs.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This? @KERBALINA This is disabled on purpose for performance and ocean glitch reasons. If you find the Ocean Shader setting in the Scatterer UI (press Alt+F10 to summon it) and turn it on you'll have to restart your game for it to apply. I don't have Scatterer installed right now so I can't point out that option's exact name and location.

Reveal hidden contents

Testing something in a copy of KSP without GPP and visuals aren't that high on my priorities list at the moment.

OMG yess, that!! thanks a lot. I'll have a hunt and see if I can find it.

4 hours ago, Antonio432 said:

Ok, I'll just wait for the 1.2.2 release

I looked at your log and saw this

SM: 50 (Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0])

Check that you aren't forcing dx11 in your command line. 

I know you said you aren't using dx11 but I would double check everything.  

Hi @Galileo and @JadeOfMaar. Love this pack, it's rekindled my want to play this game again! A couple of questions for you. Are you planning on supporting Kerbalism in your next release? If not, I am working on getting radiation definitions done for the bodies so I was hoping you could shine some light on some things for me.

Aside from Gael, do you consider any of the other bodies to contain a core capable of creating a magnetic field? Or are there any that might be able to create a weak field. 

Are there any that should have horribly hostile radiation belts apart from Gauss?

Thanks for your time

21 minutes ago, Chimer4 said:

Hi @Galileo and @JadeOfMaar. Love this pack, it's rekindled my want to play this game again! A couple of questions for you. Are you planning on supporting Kerbalism in your next release? If not, I am working on getting radiation definitions done for the bodies so I was hoping you could shine some light on some things for me.

Aside from Gael, do you consider any of the other bodies to contain a core capable of creating a magnetic field? Or are there any that might be able to create a weak field. 

Are there any that should have horribly hostile radiation belts apart from Gauss?

Thanks for your time

Reigniting people's passion for KSP: Mission accomplished. :rep:

As for Kerbalism, no, we have no plans. You have free reign in that department. As for strong magnetic fields I nominate Thalia, Tellumo, Gauss (with insane levels thereof), Catullus (moon of Gauss), Hephaestus (moon of Otho) and Muse (moon of Nero). @OhioBob should also add or remove from this selection as he's the Mathematician on the team.

Additional planets with horrible radiation belts: I nominate Thalia. Its backstory leaves a wide opening for that and Kerbalism support will add wonderfully to the cursed planet theme.

@CatastrophicFailure Development was put on hold as Galileo encountered some certain irl matters.The next release will come around New Year's. Sigma support is ready with 6.4x and 10x options (with proper atmo scaling).

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Reigniting people's passion for KSP: Mission accomplished. :rep:

As for Kerbalism, no, we have no plans. You have free reign in that department. As for strong magnetic fields I nominate Thalia, Tellumo, Gauss (with insane levels thereof), Catullus (moon of Gauss), Hephaestus (moon of Otho) and Muse (moon of Nero). @OhioBob should also add or remove from this selection as he's the Mathematician on the team.

Additional planets with horrible radiation belts: I nominate Thalia. Its backstory leaves a wide opening for that and Kerbalism support will add wonderfully to the cursed planet theme.

@CatastrophicFailure Development was put on hold as Galileo encountered some certain irl matters.The next release will come around New Year's. Sigma support is ready with 6.4x and 10x options (with proper atmo scaling).

Alrighty, thanks for the info. For Gauss I was thinking something along the lines of 300-400 rad/hr ballpark. For comparison Jool is 200 rad/hr and Kerbin is 10 rad/hr. I was going to give Thalia about 30-40 rad/hr, not too high, but enough to make you think twice about going there with inadequate shielding.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

I looked at your log and saw this

SM: 50 (Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0])

Check that you aren't forcing dx11 in your command line. 

I know you said you aren't using dx11 but I would double check everything.  

I already did. I don't know if some mod does it, or ksp acts as if I'm playing with dx11. 

@Chimer4 I've also considered Nero for high magnetism or high radioactivity as, excluding density and surface gravity, Nero is the most massive planet and has the largest SOI and has equal surface temperature to Tellumo (tied for 3rd place among the warmest planets with atmosphere).

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Chimer4 I've also considered Nero for high magnetism or high radioactivity as, excluding density and surface gravity, Nero is the most massive planet and has the largest SOI and has equal surface temperature to Tellumo (tied for 3rd place among the warmest planets with atmosphere).

I've put Nero as slightly higher than Jool in stock. I've taken a few liberties as what I think the composition of the bodies might be, I've given Hephaestus a metallic style radiation belt (thin belt of slight radiation and slightly irregular magnetopause). Seeing as he's the god of blacksmithing etc. I thought it fitting that it may have a slight metallic core.

Ok here's a rough'n'ready .cfg that should get radiation belts working if you are running GPP and Kerbalism. I haven't really played around with the numbers at all, apart form some of the more prominent bodies, and there are a few radiation definitions for some bodies that i'm unsure of.

GPP.cfg

It's in google docs and I've left it so that people can comment on areas that they feel could be changed. So feel free to play around with it and make suggestions.

Main points

• Thalia is about 3x more radioactive than Gael
  • Gauss is highly radioactive (not sure about these numbers, input welcome) approach with caution and decent shielding (a Kerbal in a hitchhiker with no sheilding will last 10 minutes in the inner belt before taking a lethal dose)
  • I gave Ceti some surface radiation, I wanted either it or Iota to have something different to deal with in the starting system
  • No science definitions yet for the Geiger counter, I'll add those at a later date
Edited by Chimer4

16 minutes ago, Chimer4 said:

Ok here's a rough'n'ready .cfg that should get radiation belts working if you are running GPP and Kerbalism. I haven't really played around with the numbers at all, apart form some of the more prominent bodies, and there are a few radiation definitions for some bodies that i'm unsure of.

GPP.cfg

It's in google docs and I've left it so that people can comment on areas that they feel could be changed. So feel free to play around with it and make suggestions.

Main points

• Thalia is about 3x more radioactive than Gael
  • Gauss is highly radioactive (not sure about these numbers, input welcome) approach with caution and decent shielding
  • I gave Ceti some surface radiation, I wanted either it or Iota to have something different to deal with in the starting system
  • No science definitions yet for the Geiger counter, I'll add those at a later date

(*has no likes to give* :mad:) Great stuff, yo.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Is there an "official" Sigma config available somewhere? I can work on getting my ducks in a row until New Years, at least. Easier to roast them with rocket exhaust that way.

I am playing a 10x career - I scaled planetary radii by 10, all orbits by 11 and terrain by 0.25. I scaled atmosphere by 1.25 and atmosphere top by 1.5, putting the top of Gael's atmosphere at about 130km. Most of the other configurations I left as default.