[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

Found 10 Mbytes of Nullrefs in my log

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AudioSource:set_pitch (single)
  at GPP.IVA.SOUNDS.SEMaster.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

-I double checked that the sound files in GPP were correctly copied. 
-Chatterer is installed. Will check for conflict

This mod is what I need! I needed a small kick to play KSP actively again. (good that I found this mod through Scott Manley's LP :))

This is amazing! Not that small planet packs that can be played through in a day...

Good work @Galileo! Keep it up!

And it's only 16:37 so I have some time :D 

Just now, DarkFighter said:

OMG!!!!! First time in the Tracking Station and my mind is blown by the gorgeous looks of the planet :D!

Definitely want 8k textures for the planets!

I r8 360/10 IGN 

Can't do 8k as I made all textures 4k and scaling them up will only present pixelated ugliness.  4k is good enough I'd say

10 hours ago, Galileo said:

Is there anyone playing this on a slower, potato-type computer? I would like to know what the performance is like. I'm a really bad judge of performance because i have a pretty hefty rig, but i would like some stats for future reference. If you want to just PM thats cool. Just let me know what mods you are using from the pack, if any, and what kind of specs you have. Try not to use any other mods besides the one included in this pack.  If you can provide screen shots and FPS at different places around Gael and other bodies that would be awesome. Thanks in advance to anyone who actually does this.

Challenge accepted! I've had my eye on this for a little while, and after seeing Mr Manleys recent videos I'm going to give it a go. Downloading now, I hope to post results here (sans other mods) and my system specs over the weekend. 

I love the wiki/literature that accompanies this btw, you can tell a lot of work has gone into the project, congrats.

12 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@DarkFighter if you find those engines let me know. I may include them in the recommended list in my guide post under the OP.

Atomic Age? PorkJet's engines? Near Future Tech is already listed.

Yea, I think it was Atomic Age. The thread says it is for 1.0.5 but there is a fan-made version for 1.2. Also Better Time Warp, it is definitely recommended, because it takes ages to time warp (x6 more away than Eeloo? It takes me ~10 mins to warp to Eeloo. (and 20 mins to burn there)) (AAAAAnd the Near Future thread is bugged :()

Edited by DarkFighter

4 minutes ago, DarkFighter said:

Yea, I think it was Atomic Age. The thread says it is for 1.0.5 but there is a fan-made version for 1.2. Also Better Time Warp, it is definitely recommended, because it takes ages to time warp (x6 more away than Eeloo? It takes me ~10 mins to warp to Eeloo. (and 20 mins to burn there)) (AAAAAnd the Near Future thread is bugged :()

Be careful,  better time warp is a little buggy with kopernicus atm. Unless a hotfix was implemented that I don't know about.  It can cause the infinite load screen 

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Oh good! Glad it didn't get destroyed! 

I think he/she meant that he/she didn't update the game yet and gets them to orbit so when he/she updates they don't die.

Let's hope for the best. 

Edited by DarkFighter

This is an impressive planet pack! Bundling the visual mods with the configs set up for it is a great idea, this system is gorgeous right out of the box. Including a delta-V chart and tables of planetary parameters is a nice touch too. I particularly like the orbits and masses of the planets, as they give lots of possibilities for gravity assist chains.  I have added this system to Flyby Finder V0.84, for those who like to try and get to far away places as cheaply as possible the release is here. Below is  an album where I go from low Gael orbit to Tellumo-Otho-Gauss-Nero with one 1446m/s start boost and about 8m/s of course corrections.
Thanks for making and releasing this pack!

http://imgur.com/a/xUNHe

30 minutes ago, DarkFighter said:

I think he/she meant that he/she didn't update the game yet and gets them to orbit so when he/she updates they don't die.

Let's hope for the best. 

yeah, the album is just a mission report about the preparation process!

But after finishing that I also updated the game and after messing around with the indices I managed to get everything back to normal :D

The process of rebuilding the base in an improved version is going well and I love the new location!ifNFVh2.png

7 minutes ago, Amnesy said:

yeah, the album is just a mission report about the preparation process!

But after finishing that I also updated the game and after messing around with the indices I managed to get everything back to normal :D

The process of rebuilding the base in an improved version is going well and I love the new location!

Just as I thought, it's good that everything is normal now :). You could keep exploring and building this bases on all planets / moons (w/o gas giants), it is a good accomplishment to have / a good goal to achieve.