[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

1 hour ago, Doctor_E said:

Which logs specifically?

Edit: I'm stupid, sorry. Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gk9u7pueqefgy3n/output_log.txt?dl=0

Here's my gamedata folder (and no, the clouds don't show up in game):

JKEOpSH.png

Well,  you can't have the BoulderCo folder in your gamedata.  Just use what comes bundled in GPP.  Any visual mods outside of the bundled SVE will not work. This includes the default EVE configs. 

I started a new career with... more than 100 unique mods and reduced science with Engineering Tech Tree in a new system, will sure be interesting!

Today however I spent time on something else... I couldn't believe nobody else had said anything yet? If anyone wants to beat a record I will throw out my first!

Bob Kerman, Equitorial @ 103,783,000 meters.

Edited by Tynrael

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

Well,  you can't have the BoulderCo folder in your gamedata.  Just use what comes bundled in GPP.  Any visual mods outside of the bundled SVE will not work. This includes the default EVE configs. 

Ah. Completely forgot BoulderCo was a part of EVE. Works fine now, I just have to wait around 5 minutes for the game to load. Thanks!

I just built my first GPP install on 1.2.2, and it was a little strange. I felt like only part of the features were there, and there were a few that weren't behaving as expected, especially in regards to contracts. So, I figured that starting a new game from scratch and installing 40 mods was probably where I went wrong. Now, I've started a brand new KSP, followed the OP instructions, and only added Final Frontier from the extra mods folder. Intended to add visual mods later and gameplay mods one at a time.

First thing I notice is in the contracts building. With 25k starting funds and level 0 tech tree, they want me to do WHAT for my first four contracts??
jne6pas.png

All of the planets in the tracking station are correctly named... What could be going wrong?

log (I think this is the correct file to share... Please advise if not): https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8ryi3yldle7znb/KSP.log?dl=0 

10 hours ago, MitchS said:

I just built my first GPP install on 1.2.2, and it was a little strange. I felt like only part of the features were there, and there were a few that weren't behaving as expected, especially in regards to contracts. So, I figured that starting a new game from scratch and installing 40 mods was probably where I went wrong. Now, I've started a brand new KSP, followed the OP instructions, and only added Final Frontier from the extra mods folder. Intended to add visual mods later and gameplay mods one at a time.

First thing I notice is in the contracts building. With 25k starting funds and level 0 tech tree, they want me to do WHAT for my first four contracts??
jne6pas.png

All of the planets in the tracking station are correctly named... What could be going wrong?

log (I think this is the correct file to share... Please advise if not): https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8ryi3yldle7znb/KSP.log?dl=0 

Ok I think I know what is happening and I will need to rest my theory so give me a little bit

2 hours ago, Inversion said:

Is the GPP working with FAR, DRE or SETI?

Those should work fine.. now, if seti has any contract tied to stock bodies it may throw some weird contracts your way.

10 hours ago, MitchS said:

When you updated, did you completely erase everything from you gamedata except for your squad folder? Sounds like you have lingering things from Module manager happening.

@Galileo, all squared away. I think I found the problem... I didn't have the actual FF mod downloaded when I dropped the GPP FF folder into my gamedata. Is the one in your folder just a modifier for the real thing? Either way, I'm getting correct contracts now. TONS of atmospheric survey contracts and part tests, which is a bit odd, but all the contracts are appropriate.

6 minutes ago, MitchS said:

@Galileo, all squared away. I think I found the problem... I didn't have the actual FF mod downloaded when I dropped the GPP FF folder into my gamedata. Is the one in your folder just a modifier for the real thing? Either way, I'm getting correct contracts now. TONS of atmospheric survey contracts and part tests, which is a bit odd, but all the contracts are appropriate.

Well ff doesn't have contracts so that's not the issue. It's just an award system that has nothing to do with contracts. And GPP FF is a stand alone version just for GPP. The original FF will not work and is not needed

Edited by Galileo

Just an FYI @Galileo... rescue contracts around 3.2x Gael are spawning around 90-92km altitude. Which in many ways is more exciting, but probably not what was intended :) 

4jkCbZL.jpg

(Basically, do not approach the other pod within 2.6km unless you're on a fast, straight approach. The drag here is very small, but you'll want to park the rescue pod pretty close by, because it can start to separate the vessels if you hang around. Would not advise trying for an extended EVA excursion...)

Having a strange issue with the skybox. As the sun sets/rises and gets dark/light the stars usully fade in/out really nice. Damn near looks real. This isnt working for some reason. It stays pitch black for what seems like a few hours after dark then POOF stars. The skybox just instantly shows up. For what it counts im using Pood's Deep Star Map Skybox.  This is a new skybox for me. And I noticed it has a set of additional images in the "EnvMap" folder within TextureReplacer. Ive never seen that with a skybx in the past just the textures you have to drop in "Default" Could that be a factor?         output_log       LOG

Edited by Motokid600

12 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Having a strange issue with the skybox. As the sun sets/rises and gets dark/light the stars usully fade in/out really nice. Damn near looks real. This isnt working for some reason. It stays pitch black for what seems like a few hours after dark then POOF stars. The skybox just instantly shows up. For what it counts im using Pood's Deep Star Map Skybox.  This is a new skybox for me. And I noticed it has a set of additional images in the "EnvMap" folder within TextureReplacer. Ive never seen that with a skybx in the past just the textures you have to drop in "Default" Could that be a factor?         output_log       LOG

No that's not a factor.. those images are for ppl that want to use the static visor reflection with texture replacer as opposed to the real reflections.  Just try messing around with distant object enhancement settings. You will probably need to adjust the dynamic sky dimming thing with different skyboxes since some will be darker than others.

Edited by Galileo

9 minutes ago, Chase842 said:

Any plans for the new version of Scatter released today?

It adds shadows for rings around planets!! oooo!!  ahhhhh!!

Absolutely. I have been working pretty closely with blackrack on the new features of scatterer. There will be a new version soon but we are working on some pretty cool things right now besides scatterer so it will take a few weeks at the latest but hopefully sooner

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

No that's not a factor.. those images are for ppl that want to use the static visor reflection with texture replacer as opposed to the real reflections.  Just try messing around with distant object enhancement settings. You will probably need to adjust the dynamic sky dimming thing with different skyboxes since some will be darker than others.

Ohh, okay I see. Sadly no matter what i do setting-wise with DistantObjects the issue persists. Sorry i just realized i probably should've posted over there instead : /

Edited by Motokid600

10 hours ago, eddiew said:

Just an FYI @Galileo... rescue contracts around 3.2x Gael are spawning around 90-92km altitude. Which in many ways is more exciting, but probably not what was intended :) 

(Basically, do not approach the other pod within 2.6km unless you're on a fast, straight approach. The drag here is very small, but you'll want to park the rescue pod pretty close by, because it can start to separate the vessels if you hang around. Would not advise trying for an extended EVA excursion...)

IIRC, that was one of the considerations which led me to keep the atmosphere as-is at 70 km and deal with the heating issues for returns.  Now I just look at the text of the contract - if it says low orbit, I'll pass.