[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Saw that. big_noes_by_Daylight.png Dang.

low res wasn't bad, but I can't stand frame rate drops even the slightest. its 30-60 fps for me, if something makes me drop to a noticable change like 15-20 or even 25. i try to live without it. 

16 hours ago, OhioBob said:

The thing that is going to make GPP more difficult than stock is that Iota and Ceti have far fewer biomes than Mun and Minmus.  Therefore there is less total science to reap from those bodies.

I think with DMagics science stuff and SCANsat the lack of total science can be augmented to some degree. 

Sorry @Galileo, small bug with your bundled Strategia... I completed the Iota Program by planting a flag, but it remains in my strategies, then slams me for 500 rep when manually removed. In fact I went there twice and it didn't pick up any of the four flags planted :/ 

Snooping in my save file, it's in the CONTRACT_FINISHED block...

Spoiler

CONTRACT_FINISHED
			{
				guid = 978321d0-7dc1-4359-9ee9-a2962501b47f
				type = ConfiguredContract
				prestige = 2
				seed = 1903268663
				state = Completed
				viewed = Seen
				agent = Strategia
				deadlineType = None
				expiryType = Floating
				autoAccept = True
				ignoresWeight = True
				values = 955980,0,100000,25000,150000,0,75,500,1269926.0897933,313946.089793299,0,3456032.98113831
				subtype = STG_BodyProgram
				title = The Iota Program
				description = Now that we've proven we can get a Kerbal to orbit and back, we need to continue to break new barriers.  We have a choice of nearby bodies that we can get to.  We choose to go to Iota, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
				synopsis = Plant a flag on Iota.
				completedMessage = You've successfully landed the first Kerbal on Iota!
				hash = -1991579226
				targetBody = Iota
				UNIQUE_DATA
				{
					strategyName = String:The Iota Program
				}
				PARAM
				{
					name = PlantFlagCustom
					id = PlantFlag
					state = Complete
					disableOnStateChange = False
					values = 0,0,0,0,0
					ContractIdentifier = Strategia.STG_BodyProgram
					title = 
					notes = 
					completedMessage = 
					allowStateReset = True
					targetBody = Iota
				}
			}

...but it's still selected. Couldn't find it anywhere else in the pfs, so I just refunded myself the rep and money lost and went on with my life :) 

Also noticed that the condition for "Must not have performed a crewed flyby" was orange. Maybe it went orange on the first kermanned mission there, making it impossible to fulfil?

2 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Sorry @Galileo, small bug with your bundled Strategia... I completed the Iota Program by planting a flag, but it remains in my strategies, then slams me for 500 rep when manually removed. In fact I went there twice and it didn't pick up any of the four flags planted :/ 

Snooping in my save file, it's in the CONTRACT_FINISHED block...

Hide contents

CONTRACT_FINISHED
			{
				guid = 978321d0-7dc1-4359-9ee9-a2962501b47f
				type = ConfiguredContract
				prestige = 2
				seed = 1903268663
				state = Completed
				viewed = Seen
				agent = Strategia
				deadlineType = None
				expiryType = Floating
				autoAccept = True
				ignoresWeight = True
				values = 955980,0,100000,25000,150000,0,75,500,1269926.0897933,313946.089793299,0,3456032.98113831
				subtype = STG_BodyProgram
				title = The Iota Program
				description = Now that we've proven we can get a Kerbal to orbit and back, we need to continue to break new barriers.  We have a choice of nearby bodies that we can get to.  We choose to go to Iota, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
				synopsis = Plant a flag on Iota.
				completedMessage = You've successfully landed the first Kerbal on Iota!
				hash = -1991579226
				targetBody = Iota
				UNIQUE_DATA
				{
					strategyName = String:The Iota Program
				}
				PARAM
				{
					name = PlantFlagCustom
					id = PlantFlag
					state = Complete
					disableOnStateChange = False
					values = 0,0,0,0,0
					ContractIdentifier = Strategia.STG_BodyProgram
					title = 
					notes = 
					completedMessage = 
					allowStateReset = True
					targetBody = Iota
				}
			}

...but it's still selected. Couldn't find it anywhere else in the pfs, so I just refunded myself the rep and money lost and went on with my life :) 

Also noticed that the condition for "Must not have performed a crewed flyby" was orange. Maybe it went orange on the first kermanned mission there, making it impossible to fulfil?

Might be a default strategia issue then. All I changed was the icons for strategia

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Just a quick question, does this pack have any support for Kerbalism, like the radiation belts?

Kerbalism support is here. Kerbalism itself provides the radiation belts while GPP provides the resources.

Quick question concerning the gas giants atmo curves here-  I warped a rigid airship quite capable of flying at Tellumo to Nero.  I wasn't surprised to find no visible atmosphere changes aside from rentry heating as I descended with massive heat shields to it's core- I'm guessing it was made to be more deadly than stock Jool, and not ultimately intended to be survivable.  However, I was quite confused to find the airship wasn't buoyant at any altitude, eventually crashing quite slowly into the 'ground'.  Given the planet's lighter gravity and larger ASL pressure, this is confusing.  Even if you weren't anticipating space zeppelins, the atmo and gravity should have been more than sufficient to keep the sucker afloat.  Are you sure Nero's lower atmosphere curve is working correctly?  Or am I misinterpreting something fundamental about the atmosphere model here?  Or maybe it's bad buoyancy modelling on the airship mod's part?

Edited by Senzipo

On 23.1.2017 at 8:32 PM, Galileo said:

so would you say the performance is on par with stock?

I like to fly my planes a lot, long circumnavigations as well. At the time I launch from the airfield I have about 55fps with everything maxed. After about 500km I start to feel some choppiness, and I have 35 fps. Having reached half way around Gael my framerate has dropped to 18. At the time I reach back to GSC after a round trip, my framerate has dropped to 13. RAM usage is about 7 GB.
-Sadly I started the game with the -nolog so logs will come later. Those circumnavigations take some time..

• Fresh GPP install, only mods from optional folder
  • i7 4790K @4,3GHz
  • nVidia GTX 1080
  • 16GB RAM
  • Win 10 x64

5 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

I like to fly my planes a lot, long circumnavigations as well. At the time I launch from the airfield I have about 55fps with everything maxed. After about 500km I start to feel some choppiness, and I have 35 fps. Having reached half way around Gael my framerate has dropped to 18. At the time I reach back to GSC after a round trip, my framerate has dropped to 13. RAM usage is about 7 GB.
-Sadly I started the game with the -nolog so logs will come later. Those circumnavigations take some time..

• Fresh GPP install, only mods from optional folder
  • i7 4790K @4,3GHz
  • nVidia GTX 1080
  • 16GB RAM
  • Win 10 x64

I'll look into it. Sounds like terrain scatter is slowly killing your fps. 

51 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'll look into it. Sounds like terrain scatter is slowly killing your fps. 

I tried after your reply to turn ground scatters off in the main menu. Still, after a 20 minutes/350km long flight I am down to 35/55fps. If I were to go on another 30 minutes, I the clock will start to go yellow from physics warnings, and fps in the 20 range.

Edit: Space launches and orbits on the other hand, do not impact performance.

Edited by SkyKaptn

3 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

I tried after your reply to turn ground scatters off in the main menu. Still, after a 20 minutes/350km long flight I am down to 35/55fps. If I were to go on another 30 minutes, I the clock will start to go yellow from physics warnings, and fps in the 20 range.

Edit: Space launches and orbits on the other hand, do not impact performance.

Then I am at a loss. I will try and see if I get the same issue but I have flown all over Gael and didn't *notice* any performance hit. But I wasn't looking for it either

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Then I am at a loss. I will try and see if I get the same issue but I have flown all over Gael and didn't *notice* any performance hit. But I wasn't looking for it either

While flying I went into the KSP settings to see if any tweaks had any impact. After having pushed accept, *poof*, back to max fps. unfortunately the slow degradation continued. but it seemed as if some re-initialization or garbage dumping were made engine-wise. IDK.. :blink:

Call this weird. Maybe its just me, but for some reason flashing the flight log ( F3 ) always gives me an FPS boost. Im not sure why, but ive been doing it for a LONG time and it helps. It seems to be the same effect SkyKaptn mentioned above.

Edited by Motokid600