[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

9 minutes ago, Zaccy200 said:

When I use the alternate Ciro config It stops GPP from working. Does anyone know how to get it working?

The only difference between the regular config and the alternate one is a single setting that changes the color of the sun flare.  I can see no reason why one would work and the other doesn't.  Are you sure you placed the alternate config in the right place?  It should go in GameDate/GPP/Ciro/ and should replace the existing Ciro.cfg.

41 minutes ago, vladd148 said:

Out of curiosity, what's the planetary progression in this system look like? I've been obsessing over SSTOs lately so I haven't made it past Iota and Ceti yet, but would love to begin exploring some of the other planets! What would the first logical choice be for an eventual manned mission (and return)?

The easiest planet to get to in terms of delta-v and travel time is Niven.  I would say that the next easiest for a manned mission would probably be Gratian, though the travel time is pretty long.  Tellumo is closer, but its high gravity and dense atmosphere makes it a real challenge. Thalia has some really intense heating issues that takes special planning to overcome - might not be a good first choice.

Niven is GPP's closest match to Duna in terms of what it takes to go there, land, and return.

Edited by OhioBob

9 hours ago, DarkFighter said:

So if I've calculated right (correct me if I'm wrong) I should need 8k+ deltaV for Iota and 10k+ deltaV for Ceti. (both crewed landing + back to Gael)

What sized version are you playing?  Those numbers are way too high for a 1x version (but more is always better than not enough).  If you time the launch correctly so that you minimize the plane change, I think you can get to Iota and back for about 5.5 km/s, and Ceti and back for about 6 km/s.  To play it safe, I'd probably bump those numbers another 0.5 km/s, or maybe even 1 km/s if you are an inexperienced player.

If you are playing any of the upsized versions, then multiply by the square root of the scale factor.  For instance, if you are playing a 3.2x game, multiply the delta-v by a factor of SQRT(3.2) = 1.8.

Tips for getting to Iota.

I compute that the proper phase angle for a trip to Iota is 115 degrees.  That is, you preform your transfer orbit injection burn when the angle between the line segment joining Kerbin and Iota, and the line segment joining Kerbin and the spacecraft, is 115 degrees.  To avoid having to perform a plane change, you should launch from Gael when KSC is 90 degrees from the injection point, or when the phase angle between Iota and KSC is 205 degrees.  Doing so means that the descending node of the parking orbit will coincide with the injection point.  That is, you’ll be passing through Iota’s orbital plane just at the time that you perform the transfer burn.  This will enable you to obtain a good intercept with Iota without having to perform any plane change.

Tips for getting to Ceti.

A due east launch from KSC will inject your spacecraft into an orbit with an inclination of about 8.64 degrees.  Ceti’s orbital inclination is 9 degrees.  Therefore, with proper timing you can launch due east from KSC and match Ceti’s orbital plane to within 1/2 degree.  The proper time to launch is when KSC is 90 degrees from Ceti’s descending node.  You can eyeball this from the map view, but better results can be attained by using Kerbal Engineer Redux.  Set KER’s orbital display to show longitude of ascending node.  Send your rocket to the launch pad a time warp ahead until the LAN readout starts to approach 90 degrees.  When the display shows 90o, the orbital nodes are correctly aligned.  However, I’ve found that best results are achieved by launching when the display reads about 89 degrees.  Doing this will allow you to reach Ceti with only minimal plane change.

Edited by OhioBob

9 hours ago, eddiew said:

I shall go at night.

iQnoBzy.jpg

But... but... why??? D: This should not still be happening.

3 hours ago, Ravien said:

Have you tried to DL GPP lately? looks like Github put some serious throttle on this pack

If you are downloading through a green Clone or Download button, please don't. That's only to be used if you are a developer looking to contribute or improve on some aspect of a developer skill, or if you are on the dev team and want an offline copy and don't have GitHub installed. It's not the "Download and have fun" button.

Please only download from https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/releases

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Be careful- Gael's moons don't see sun for like, a month at a time.  Absolutely obliterated my first base's plans when I put one down there, it required solar power to run.  Grab some nuclear power mods.

20 hours ago, eddiew said:

I shall go at night.

I have a little problem with the Survey Scanner. After scanning the surface I am not able to activate the Resource Map. I have here some pictures to explain the troubles:

Scanning is already done

7ygh8hr.png

But in the Map View I have no possibility to activate the Resource Map - the button does not appear.

IlNt141.png

Here is a Screenshot from the Console. Could this Message be the Reason for the Issue?

yiXhxXM.png

and my Game Data Folder

EQPhBGq.png

I have tried this at Gael, Iota, Ceti, Niven, Tellumo, Lilli and Thalia.

Greetings

Edited by astroheiko

So... remember i promised a base on  Mun ... ehm Ceti! Here's mine still uncompleted design, just testing Ceti-port for functionality and Kraken-resistance:cool:

urxxq4l.jpg

P.S. Everything is in career mode, still need science to unlock some 'essential' extra parts to lower Fps

6 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

For one, KSCSwitcher is not correctly installed. There is a gamedata folder within GPP KSCSwitcher

Thank you for your hint, i corrected it.

Before this correction i scanned Eta and all seemed to work. So i started the game new and the Survey Scan of Eta was still good but the other bodies were "broken". Eta was the first "new" Scan with the new Version, so maybe the old Scannings from the later Version are the issue.

Greetings

On 25.1.2017 at 5:00 PM, SkyKaptn said:

I like to fly my planes a lot, long circumnavigations as well. At the time I launch from the airfield I have about 55fps with everything maxed. After about 500km I start to feel some choppiness, and I have 35 fps. Having reached half way around Gael my framerate has dropped to 18. At the time I reach back to GSC after a round trip, my framerate has dropped to 13. RAM usage is about 7 GB.
-Sadly I started the game with the -nolog so logs will come later. Those circumnavigations take some time..

• Fresh GPP install, only mods from optional folder
  • i7 4790K @4,3GHz
  • nVidia GTX 1080
  • 16GB RAM
  • Win 10 x64

@GalileoSeems as it is scatterer (packaged in GPP 1.1) who is to blame for the degrading fps and RAM usage over time when flying in atmo. As I recently started with circumnavigations that last 3-6 hrs I did not notice this earlier. 

• Stock KSP - no degrading fps
  • Stock KSP + SVE - degrading fps, 55 to 18
  • Stock GPP - degrading fps, 55 to 18
  • Extremely heavy modded GPP, scatterer removed - no degrading fps, stable 60 (75, but capped) for hours and hours @max settings

8 hours ago, astroheiko said:

I have a little problem with the Survey Scanner. After scanning the surface I am not able to activate the Resource Map. I have here some pictures to explain the troubles:

Scanning is already done

7ygh8hr.png

But in the Map View I have no possibility to activate the Resource Map - the button does not appear.

IlNt141.png

Here is a Screenshot from the Console. Could this Message be the Reason for the Issue?

yiXhxXM.png

and my Game Data Folder

EQPhBGq.png

I have tried this at Gael, Iota, Ceti, Niven, Tellumo, Lilli and Thalia.

Greetings

You also should not have a folder named SVE in your gamedata. Delete it.ad for your issue, I have not come across this issue yet. Try a fresh install with only GPP installed and see if the issue persists 

16 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

So, I'm noticing the Sin (Ciro) seems a bit... bland. Is there a sunflare including with the Bundled Scatterer? Tried adding another sunflare, but I'm guessing there's something different in the configs...

Yes there is. There is also an alternate cfg for the sun included in the download for ppl that don't use scatterer. It provides the stock sunflare

42 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

@GalileoSeems as it is scatterer (packaged in GPP 1.1) who is to blame for the degrading fps and RAM usage over time when flying in atmo. As I recently started with circumnavigations that last 3-6 hrs I did not notice this earlier. 

• Stock KSP - no degrading fps
  • Stock KSP + SVE - degrading fps, 55 to 18
  • Stock GPP - degrading fps, 55 to 18
  • Extremely heavy modded GPP, scatterer removed - no degrading fps, stable 60 (75, but capped) for hours and hours @max settings

Weird. I don't get any loss in fps. But maybe scatterer has a small memory leak I'm not noticing. I would also ask on the scatterer thread

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

So, I'm noticing the Sin (Ciro) seems a bit... bland. Is there a sunflare including with the Bundled Scatterer? Tried adding another sunflare, but I'm guessing there's something different in the configs...

Indeed, GPP's Scatterer comes with a none-too-amazing aftermarket sunflare........ but if you check out @Galileo's signature... :wink: You'll get to a rainbow of epic alternatives like my assortment of skyboxes.

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Indeed, GPP's Scatterer comes with a none-too-amazing aftermarket sunflare........ but if you check out @Galileo's signature... :wink: You'll get to a rainbow of epic alternatives like my assortment of skyboxes.

I'm actually getting ready to trash the sunflares in that pack and release some others. 

23 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Welp, I don't seem to be getting any sun flare at all (yes, Scatterer is installed), looks like just the normal sun with the slightest hint of like a halo or corona around it. Sigma have something to do wit it, maybe?